Question for Libs/Progressives

Saying its more about money more than race is like comparing a Turtle to a Rabbit and saying their defense has more to do with the shell than the animal lol

pssst* because rabbits dont have shells...get it?

I'm black...try again

That's even better!!!:lol:
Are you going to call him an Uncle Tom because his stance doesn't fit your idea of social justice or the lack there of in your mind?

Not unless he exhibits some uncle tom behavior. Or am I not supposed to call (excuse the term) a spade a spade because you might not like it?

No matter the answer....I dont care :badgrin:

Well thats mighty white of you....if you dont mind me saying so.:lol:

That's even better!!!:lol:
Are you going to call him an Uncle Tom because his stance doesn't fit your idea of social justice or the lack there of in your mind?

Not unless he exhibits some uncle tom behavior. Or am I not supposed to call (excuse the term) a spade a spade because you might not like it?

I call it like it is and wont let you, the PC cop, stop me from doing so

If you mean as a whole, No, "white people" have not benefitted any from being white in this country, atleast not to any great extent, they're benefitting yet this country is going from 90% white to eventually being mostly non white? There is a privileged class, which is mostly white, that has benefitted off the backs of everyone that wasn't born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but these people could give two shits about white people obviously... They got theirs. Where I grew up, if a white family lived there..they were poorer than us black folks 99.99% of the time. So how did being white alone benefit them, really? Think about it.
I'm black...try again

I knew you were, I know you remember me too..

And he is right..being black doesn't mean you're not being an intellectual pussy trying to find an excuse to not address the issue. I'm black too..yet here I am, questioning dumb shit black folks take as golden. What's your excuse for not doing so, CC?

Let me get this straight. White folks in your opinion have received no benefit from being the majority ruling class in America for hundreds of years?

You couldnt even bring yourself to fix your lips and answer in the negative. If you do you either believe that head starts dont matter or that the people who were owned by whites should be on the same level socially and financially as their owners.

Which one is it champ?

I call it like it is and wont let you, the PC cop, stop me from doing so

If by PC Cop you mean stomping out political correctness where ever I find it?
I'm okay with that moniker.

Firing Line - Thomas Sowell w/ William F. Buckley Jr. (1981) - YouTube
Best video ever...It'll help you out if you're looking to WORK your way for a living instead of begging, CC.

Tell me Locke, I told you I'm black and you assume I dont have a job...Weird. Its almost like you believe there is a correlation between the two. :eusa_clap:

But you're not trolling tho...nope no way :eusa_liar:

You assume Im talking about you not having a job, but I didn't imply it. Think a little harder on the context of the thread and what I said previously. It has nothing to do with you as an individual, CC... Other than your begging for equality through govt intervention instead of earning it by proving the racists wrong. I don't know or care if you have a job or not, so quit making it about you.

If you mean as a whole, No, "white people" have not benefitted any from being white in this country,

Got it no benefit.

atleast not to any great extent,

Ok wait, some benefit

they're benefitting yet this country is going from 90% white to eventually being mostly non white?

This has nothing to do with the history of white privilege in this country.

There is a privileged class, which is mostly white, that has benefitted off the backs of everyone that wasn't born with a silver spoon in their mouth, but these people could give two shits about white people obviously... They got theirs.

So just so I'm clear. Blacks believe in what you called the bullshit idea of white privilege and you are here explaining how and why there is white privilege?

Where I grew up, if a white family lived there..they were poorer than us black folks 99.99% of the time. So how did being white alone benefit them, really? Think about it.

Poor LockeJaw...White privilege doesnt mean every white person every will be rich. Maybe thats why you dont believe it exists...wait, no you DO believe it exists (contradicting your OP) but its not THAT much privilege because poor white people exist in the world.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Maaaan fuck, you are a funny dude

Firing Line - Thomas Sowell w/ William F. Buckley Jr. (1981) - YouTube
Best video ever...It'll help you out if you're looking to WORK your way for a living instead of begging, CC.

Tell me Locke, I told you I'm black and you assume I dont have a job...Weird. Its almost like you believe there is a correlation between the two. :eusa_clap:

But you're not trolling tho...nope no way :eusa_liar:

You assume Im talking about you not having a job, but I didn't imply it. Think a little harder on the context of the thread and what I said previously. It has nothing to do with you as an individual, CC... Other than your begging for equality through govt intervention instead of earning it by proving the racists wrong. I don't know or care if you have a job or not, so quit making it about you.

You're not clever enough man. Just stop it. You got caught and now you want everyone reading this to believe you werent talking to me? How? Through hypnosis? :lol::lol:

You're more conservative than me, CC! Why, you will sit here and deny the won battles of the civil rights struggle while riding it's coattail! We don't live in the times when there was an honest to GOD privilege in being white over black. Try to join me in TODAY, which is when they've brought up this supposed "white privilege". Today, the monied classes aren't doing anything to stop this country from going from white majority to non white majority...So even if at one point there was a privilege just from being white(never was), it doesn't mean shit today, so why do you use it as an excuse for the condition of the black community today? This ought to be good...

You're more conservative than me, CC! Why, you will sit here and deny the won battles of the civil rights struggle while riding it's coattail! We don't live in the times when there was an honest to GOD privilege in being white over black.

You should add the words "Because I said so" to make it more convincing

Try to join me in TODAY, which is when they've brought up this supposed "white privilege". Today, the monied classes aren't doing anything to stop this country from going from white majority to non white majority...

See? A nice "because I said so" would go great right here but I commend you on recognizing that white privilege exists. I love to teach ya dig.

So even if at one point there was a privilege just from being white(never was), it doesn't mean shit today, so why do you use it as an excuse for the condition of the black community today? This ought to be good...

Well you should scroll up and tell yourself that white privilege doesnt exist. :lol:

Another great example wouldve been "It doesnt mean shit today Because I said so".

I'm glad that I was able to turn you against your OP in a few posts. Now you want to change the subject? Peace two fingers :badgrin:

You're more conservative than me, CC! Why, you will sit here and deny the won battles of the civil rights struggle while riding it's coattail! We don't live in the times when there was an honest to GOD privilege in being white over black. Try to join me in TODAY, which is when they've brought up this supposed "white privilege". Today, the monied classes aren't doing anything to stop this country from going from white majority to non white majority...So even if at one point there was a privilege just from being white(never was), it doesn't mean shit today, so why do you use it as an excuse for the condition of the black community today? This ought to be good...

I never could understand the victim mentality. Personally I look at myself first when shit goes wrong.
The thought of passing blame for my condition,whatever it may be,is abhorrent to me.
It shows a weakness that I would be embarrassed to let others see in me to be honest.

Ahhh the classic troll thread!

Instead of finding out the definition of a word or phrase, the troll asks for someone personal definition instead so that the troll can turn the definition into a personal pissing match instead of opting for real information

I don't see anything troll-like in asking people who use a term to explain what they think the definition is. After all it doesn't matter what the term actually means if the people who are using it are wrong in what they think it means.

On the other hand, I do see something distinctly troll-like in someone not contributing to a conversation and instead saying "go look it up."

When someone asks and they are told to look it up and refuse are they really interested in what the term means or what someone else THINKS it means?

Since the OP specifically addresses what white priviledge means in the minds of liberals/progressives, I would dare to say he does in fact care "what someone else THINKS it means" more than what the term "actually means."

Again, if you use a term and I want to know what you meant by it, it doesn't matter what the term actually means. It only matters what you think it means.

I don't see anything troll-like in asking people who use a term to explain what they think the definition is. After all it doesn't matter what the term actually means if the people who are using it are wrong in what they think it means.

On the other hand, I do see something distinctly troll-like in someone not contributing to a conversation and instead saying "go look it up."

When someone asks and they are told to look it up and refuse are they really interested in what the term means or what someone else THINKS it means?

Since the OP specifically addresses what white priviledge means in the minds of liberals/progressives, I would dare to say he does in fact care "what someone else THINKS it means" more than what the term "actually means."

Again, if you use a term and I want to know what you meant by it, it doesn't matter what the term actually means. It only matters what you think it means.

You can dare to say that and I can dare to say he's trolling when he is rejecting looking up the info himself.

And you can see by how this thread played out that was just his "in" to go on another rant about black people in general being stupid in general and how he's the bees knees because his craps on his own race. "Look at me, I'm not like those other blacks! Embrace ME!"

bleh

And he is right..being black doesn't mean you're not being an intellectual pussy trying to find an excuse to not address the issue. I'm black too..yet here I am, questioning dumb shit black folks take as golden. What's your excuse for not doing so, CC?

This should be interesting.

For the record, I think Emily and Locke are more accurate in saying that it has more to do with monied privilege than race.

The monied privilege comes with being white. They are intertwined. ORRRRRrrrrrr monied privilege just so happen to miss black people by chance and not because of history.

For the record of course.

[sarcasm]
So there are no poor white people. I'm sure the people who are commonly called "white trash" will be so glad to hear it. Of course monied priviledge comes with being white. That's why all white families are able to pass on an inheritance, and no non-white families can.
[/sarcasm]

With the sarcasm out of my system: do you actually believe that whiteness bestows monied priviledge indescriminate of any other factor?

For the record, I think Emily and Locke are more accurate in saying that it has more to do with monied privilege than race.

The monied privilege comes with being white. They are intertwined. ORRRRRrrrrrr monied privilege just so happen to miss black people by chance and not because of history.

[sarcasm]
So there are no poor white people. I'm sure the people who are commonly called "white trash" will be so glad to hear it. Of course monied priviledge comes with being white. That's why all white families are able to pass on an inheritance, and no non-white families can.
[/sarcasm]

With the sarcasm out of my system: do you actually believe that whiteness bestows monied priviledge indescriminate of any other factor?

Here is how common you guys are. If you would've read above you would've seen LockeJaw doing the same "I dont understand" line of questioning. I've already responded but of course you only have the same dance moves just different people to do it.

Here's my quote. For a suggestion read this thread and try (if you can) to come from a different angle or at least be creative

Poor LockeJaw...White privilege doesnt mean every white person every will be rich. Maybe thats why you dont believe it exists...wait, no you DO believe it exists (contradicting your OP) but its not THAT much privilege because poor white people exist in the world.

You should revisit history.

In the city of Charleston, free blacks nearly monopolized the jobs of barbers, bricklayers, shoemakers, tailors and dressmakers. They prospered in their entrepreneurial jobs and were able to earn the capital needed to purchase slaves.

By the mid 1700’s to early 1800’s, most free blacks considered themselves more American than they did African, for almost all of them had been born on American soil, free or slave. They wanted to live the same life as whites, and they saw slaveholding as a way to become more equal with their white counterparts.

“In a society that vested the ownership of one many in another, slaves represented another form of property held by free blacks.” (Powers, 1994, 39) Early on in the colony of South Carolina, mulattoes were often trained as artisans and were able to earn the money to purchase slaves by working. They were commercial masters who aligned themselves with the white majority in order to preserve the system of slavery. (Koger, 1985, 30) As this practice progressed, the black slaveholders often had the same incentives as whites to own slaves.

In conclusion, there were many reasons why free blacks owned black slaves. There was a new class developing during the 1800’s made up of slaveowning blacks and free light-skinned blacks. Relationships between masters and slaves were not smooth. Black slaveowners in Charleston had the same economic desires as whites when it came to being prosperous and owning slaves.

Black Slave Owners in Charleston

In the city of Charleston, free blacks nearly monopolized the jobs of barbers, bricklayers, shoemakers, tailors and dressmakers. They prospered in their entrepreneurial jobs and were able to earn the capital needed to purchase slaves.

By the mid 1700’s to early 1800’s, most free blacks considered themselves more American than they did African, for almost all of them had been born on American soil, free or slave. They wanted to live the same life as whites, and they saw slaveholding as a way to become more equal with their white counterparts.

“In a society that vested the ownership of one many in another, slaves represented another form of property held by free blacks.” (Powers, 1994, 39) Early on in the colony of South Carolina, mulattoes were often trained as artisans and were able to earn the money to purchase slaves by working. They were commercial masters who aligned themselves with the white majority in order to preserve the system of slavery. (Koger, 1985, 30) As this practice progressed, the black slaveholders often had the same incentives as whites to own slaves.

In conclusion, there were many reasons why free blacks owned black slaves. There was a new class developing during the 1800’s made up of slaveowning blacks and free light-skinned blacks. Relationships between masters and slaves were not smooth. Black slaveowners in Charleston had the same economic desires as whites when it came to being prosperous and owning slaves.

And that has what to do with what I said? Anything? Nothing?

[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

Here is how common you guys are. If you would've read above you would've seen LockeJaw doing the same "I dont understand" line of questioning. I've already responded but of course you only have the same dance moves just different people to do it.

Here's my quote. For a suggestion read this thread and try (if you can) to come from a different angle or at least be creative

Common as in common sense?

The statement that "monied priviledge comes with being white," implies that whiteness automatically confers monied priviledge. The obvious counter arguement is to point out that not all white poeple have monied priviledge. It is a common sense arguement to an obviously overreaching statement. If someone makes the statement that all swans are white, when I find a black swan I can point to that swan and say that their statement is false. Not all swans are white.

So, if you want to say that some white people have monied priviledge go ahead. You lose the causative association that way, but hey I won't use the common sense arguement against you.

And that has what to do with what I said? Anything? Nothing?

It goes to show that it wasn't only whites that were prosperous, there were also successful blacks that were wealthy in their own right.

Look up William Ellison, who was a free negro and former slave in who achieved success in business as a cotton gin maker and blacksmith before the American Civil War. He eventually became a major planter and one of the largest property owners, and certainly the wealthiest black property owner, in the state. He held 60 slaves at his death and more than 1,000 acres of land.

In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (1). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (2).

1. The Forgotten People: Cane River's Creoles of Color, Gary Mills (Baton Rouge, 1977); Black Masters, p.128.
2. Male inheritance expectations in the United States in 1870, 1850-1870, Lee Soltow (New Haven, 1975), p.85.

Forum List

Back