Question For John Atheist: Don't You Want To Remember Your Good Deeds Forever?

I have yet to meet a happy atheist.
I won't go that far. Although it certainly applies to the ones I converse with here on a regular basis.

But what I will say is that the best they can ever hope for when life requires them to make sacrifices is that they will suffer without complaint. Whereas people who walk in faith see the bigger picture and have peace through the storm.
Never met a happy atheist or never met an atheist happy with you? Dummy.
I never met an atheist who can tolerate anyone who's not an atheist.

And of course you have met every atheist in history to form this opinion, right? Not tolerating you is just common sense, not a fact of atheism.
I'm a "friend" of an atheist at work. And he is a "good guy" so long as religion isn't mentioned. Talk politics, speak about history, sports, etc.... But mention religion and he begins to shift uncomfortably and he starts to growl and hiss (poetic license). In school, I could speak about any subject, except religion. Those who were not church attenders would get defensive, saying, "You're full of crap." And simply walk away or want to pick a fight. There was no in between. They love to hate Christianity or want it hidden. They are not tolerant of it. They do not wish to contemplate the spiritual. They love parties, materialism, games, and fun. Unless an atheist has a serious issue/problem (illness, sorrow, pain, remorse) they are belligerent and not open to a discussion that they feel they are losing.

Hate to disappoint you but most atheists just do not care about religion or are trying to put some actual truth into your thinking. It appears from your statements that it is you going on the offensive and denying any possibility that there is a truth that you choose not to believe and are willing to try to pick a fight to defend your self proclaimed position.

Exceptionally dishonest of you.
Nope, I love open discussion and that is just one reason I have a problem in governmentally controlled education. A person who doesn't care, wont get angry. Anyone who feels threatened will be offended. I've never been punched or threatened by anyone who didn't care.

With your stated attitudes, I doubt your statement about being punched. Being angered and not caring are two different things. Of course you only care about your own attitudes which cause offense to others. Still not anger, just a desire to correct your false ideas, of which you have many.

BTW, you don't love open discussion. You love it when some fool agrees with you and causing you to have a problem with that person.
I'm sure I have some false ideas as do you.

Your biggest false idea is that you know and understand what you claim to be your faith. It is not as stated in your bible or any teachings of whatever church you claim to follow.

Since you claim it to be so available, you should get some help in defining what is actually said. It is wrong but that is for you to find out.

I never claimed to be 100% correct, that is for you religious types. Much to your shame.
Acts 16:25-34
The Conversion of the Jailer

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly a strong earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. At once all the doors flew open and everyone’s chains came loose.

27When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, presuming that the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul called out in a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself! We are all here!”

29Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32Then Paul and Silas spoke the word of the Lord to him and to everyone in his house. 33At that hour of the night, the jailer took them and washed their wounds. And without delay, he and all his household were baptized. 34Then he brought them into his home and set a meal before them. So he and all his household rejoiced that they had come to believe in God.

John 16:1-21
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

The Rich Young Ruler Luke 18: 18-27
(Matthew 19:16–30; Mark 10:17–31)

18Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’b

21“All these I have kept from my youth,” he said.

22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.

24Seeing the man’s sadness,c Jesus said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

27But Jesus said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

Any eyewitnesses to this alleged tale? When was it recorded and what proof has ever been presented in support?

Just another myth being put forth by the deluded adherents of this idea.

For that matter, is there any physical proof of this Jesus you claim to admire? I'll wait.
Actually, the accounts are found in several books of the New Testament that were written by different people, everyone of which is either reputed to have been a witness or a witness to the person who was there. There is more ancient documentation surrounding Jesus the Messiah than any other event or individual from that time period.

So no proof, huh? Just more myths without evidence. As expected.
You're the one with no proof only speculation. All the Apostles are recorded to have died horrible deaths on account of their faith in JESUS the MESSIAH. People don't die willingly for what they know to be a lie, and neither would I.

No, that is how the religious have claimed that they died. Very doubtful and you cannot possibly know the motivations from 2000 years ago, just the story the religious claim to have happened. They would lie, and so do you.
What would be the point of lying about something like this? It certainly doesn't either put money in my pocket nor earn me a seat in Congress. Evolutionists have everything material to lose job wise, plus fame, authority, respect, control.... The Apostles never had any of that, and frankly, neither do I.

You have your ego, which is a much bigger thing to you than anything else. You feel that all should believe you just because you make a claim.

You are correct that you have no fame, authority or respect but th9is is caused by what you post and then try to confirm with myths.

BTW, these apostles never considered themselves to be what you call them. That name came along, as so much else you claim, is a total fabrication. Just like the vast majority of your beliefs.
Sorry, that you feel so threatened. Fortunately, the youngest book of the BIBLE is authoritatively accepted to have been transcribed by St. John just around 95 AD. By the way, I'm a saint. That's exactly what the New Testament writers consider everyone who is saved by grace through Jesus Christ. So, that is exactly what I consider myself to be. If that offends you, you might just wish to consider becoming one too.

Did I mention your ego? How about your ability to spin fantasies and lies that you try and pass off a truths?

I feel no threat by what you claim as true since it is so patently false, and considering the source no one believes it except yourself.

BTW, you a saint? First, no such thing as a saint. Second you display zero of the attributes ascribed to one of these entities. You lie, attempt to deny any thought but your own and are an ego driven, pig headed individual who lacks the knowledge to even admit that he totally wrong.

Oh yes. The bible is not authoritative on any thing as it is constantly disputed and proven wrong, except to those who cannot think for themselves. It is not even the same bible that you claim as the original.
Prove that what I have said is false. Prove that the Bible is not authoritative. Prove that the Old Testament at the time of Jesus didn't exist as it appears today, and that the Hebrew text has been corrupted. Tell me what exactly are the attributes of a saint?

You prove that they are correct, which they are not. Continual translations over 2000 hears says that what you say is a lie.

You ever hear of a game called post office? Proof positive that your claim is totally false.

Your stance that this did not happen just shows how ignorant you truly are.
Utter nonsense. You need to read a Hebrew Old Testament and then research the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Translations of Hebrews 4:12 They all say the same thing, just differently...
New International Version
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Berean Study Bible
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Berean Literal Bible
For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even as far as the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrows, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

New American Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

New King James Version
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

King James Bible
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Contemporary English Version
God's word is alive and powerful! It is sharper than any double-edged sword. His word can cut through our spirits and souls and through our joints and marrow, until it discovers the desires and thoughts of our hearts.

Good News Translation
The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart.

International Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart.

NET Bible
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.

New Heart English Bible
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For the word of God is living and all-efficient, and much sharper than a double edged sword, and it pierces to the separation of soul and spirit and of joints, marrow and of bones, and judges the reasoning and conscience of the heart.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God's word is living and active. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet. God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions.

New American Standard 1977
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

King James 2000 Bible
For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

American King James Version
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

American Standard Version
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Darby Bible Translation
For the word of God [is] living and operative, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and penetrating to [the] division of soul and spirit, both of joints and marrow, and a discerner of the thoughts and intents of [the] heart.

English Revised Version
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Webster's Bible Translation
For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Weymouth New Testament
For God's Message is full of life and power, and is keener than the sharpest two-edged sword. It pierces even to the severance of soul from spirit, and penetrates between the joints and the marrow, and it can discern the secret thoughts and purposes of the heart.

World English Bible
For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Young's Literal Translation
for the reckoning of God is living, and working, and sharp above every two-edged sword, and piercing unto the dividing asunder both of soul and spirit, of joints also and marrow, and a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart;

Last edited:
What you mean is

tenor.gif

You can't handle happy atheists! :):p:D
If this is happy, I'd hate to see sad or angry.
First, try to imagine having a genuine sense of humor..
Not possible. That requires you guys to be objective.

My sense of humor is off the charts.
Nope, keep trying..
Why? I'm OK with you guys being miserable.

See? That was funny.

No, you prove what you said is true.
Nope, sorry. If you get to play by idiotic, childish rules, then so does everyone else.

So, prove it wrong...or admit it is true. Those are your options. Right? What's the matter... don't like being treated the way you treat others?

Wait, we already knew that, when you degenerated into a worthless, whiny blob when you got asked the question you ask everyone else: "But what if you are wrong?" You never did grow the stones to answer it.

I always believed walking with God was about living, not dying. What do you have for that?
Good people were clearly good and memorable regardless.
(regardless)

what is walking with god - particularly a corrupt one (any desert religion version) - - when being "good" as the original religion is simply enough - and when pure gains admission to the Everlasting.

or bing believes a good person would be sent to hell anyway not being a christian, believer of forgeries and fallacies. . :cuckoo:
Only GOD is good. You are a thief (if you ever stole anything). You are a liar (if you ever told even one lie). You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to). You are an adulterer (if you've contemplated sex with a person that was already married). You are a blasphemer (if you ever used Christ's name in vain and a hypocrite if you ever did such a thing while calling yourself an atheist). You are a child abuser (if you ever told a little one that GOD isn't real and prevented such a one from going to Sunday School, etc.). I could add to the list but I believe you should get the point ---- you and I cannot ever call ourselves "good". How can anyone call GOD corrupt, when HE came to save and HIS accusers turned their backs and behave as they did. There is no one in Hell who really loved GOD.
You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to) ... you and I cannot ever call ourselves "good".
just curious, nipper was the 1st century religious itinerant married ... and the thought for you is evil for the adolescent and everyone else that daydream conquests of sexual encounters. are you a believer prostitution exists.

as well, the parable of noah - the religion of antiquity, prescribed by the Almighty - the triumph of good vs evil - they were made to parish one side or the other, the final scene of the 1st century and your 4th century christian bible is a reversal without justice rendered as the path you have seemingly chosen for yourself. abandoning the triumph for your own prejudices.

I always believed walking with God was about living, not dying. What do you have for that?
(regardless)

what is walking with god - particularly a corrupt one (any desert religion version) - - when being "good" as the original religion is simply enough - and when pure gains admission to the Everlasting.

or bing believes a good person would be sent to hell anyway not being a christian, believer of forgeries and fallacies. . :cuckoo:
Only GOD is good. You are a thief (if you ever stole anything). You are a liar (if you ever told even one lie). You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to). You are an adulterer (if you've contemplated sex with a person that was already married). You are a blasphemer (if you ever used Christ's name in vain and a hypocrite if you ever did such a thing while calling yourself an atheist). You are a child abuser (if you ever told a little one that GOD isn't real and prevented such a one from going to Sunday School, etc.). I could add to the list but I believe you should get the point ---- you and I cannot ever call ourselves "good". How can anyone call GOD corrupt, when HE came to save and HIS accusers turned their backs and behave as they did. There is no one in Hell who really loved GOD.
You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to) ... you and I cannot ever call ourselves "good".
just curious, nipper was the 1st century religious itinerant married ... and the thought for you is evil for the adolescent and everyone else that daydream conquests of sexual encounters. are you a believer prostitution exists.

as well, the parable of noah - the religion of antiquity, prescribed by the Almighty - the triumph of good vs evil - they were made to parish one side or the other, the final scene of the 1st century and your 4th century christian bible is a reversal without justice rendered as the path you have seemingly chosen for yourself. abandoning the triumph for your own prejudices.
At least some of Jesus' disciples were married. Matthew writes directly about Peter's mother-in-law (Matthew 8:14), and Paul references other disciples being married in 1 Corinthians 9:5 when he says he has a right to marry a believing woman because Peter, Jesus' brothers, and other apostles had married. However, Paul was not married, at least at the time of his writings.

The truth be told, there is nothing wrong for a man to marry a woman of the same faith. The story of Noah is also historical and isn't about good vs evil, but so much more about GOD taking care of those HE is committed to.
At least some of Jesus' disciples were married.
really, how nice.

not sure you understood the comment -

You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to).

jesus -- > mary magdalene.
you also misunderstand noah - their death would have been the last person of good - the Almighty returned before their death, destroyed those of evil as was the pending consequence and gave humanity a second chance. the crucifixion put those people back in charge, the crucifiers wrote the christian bible. you are under their spell or are simply one of them.
You are a Gnostic.

Do you even know what a gnostic is?

Hint they are more intelligent than you and based in fact, not myth.

I won't go that far. Although it certainly applies to the ones I converse with here on a regular basis.

But what I will say is that the best they can ever hope for when life requires them to make sacrifices is that they will suffer without complaint. Whereas people who walk in faith see the bigger picture and have peace through the storm.
Never met a happy atheist or never met an atheist happy with you? Dummy.
I never met an atheist who can tolerate anyone who's not an atheist.

And of course you have met every atheist in history to form this opinion, right? Not tolerating you is just common sense, not a fact of atheism.
I'm a "friend" of an atheist at work. And he is a "good guy" so long as religion isn't mentioned. Talk politics, speak about history, sports, etc.... But mention religion and he begins to shift uncomfortably and he starts to growl and hiss (poetic license). In school, I could speak about any subject, except religion. Those who were not church attenders would get defensive, saying, "You're full of crap." And simply walk away or want to pick a fight. There was no in between. They love to hate Christianity or want it hidden. They are not tolerant of it. They do not wish to contemplate the spiritual. They love parties, materialism, games, and fun. Unless an atheist has a serious issue/problem (illness, sorrow, pain, remorse) they are belligerent and not open to a discussion that they feel they are losing.

Hate to disappoint you but most atheists just do not care about religion or are trying to put some actual truth into your thinking. It appears from your statements that it is you going on the offensive and denying any possibility that there is a truth that you choose not to believe and are willing to try to pick a fight to defend your self proclaimed position.

Exceptionally dishonest of you.
Nope, I love open discussion and that is just one reason I have a problem in governmentally controlled education. A person who doesn't care, wont get angry. Anyone who feels threatened will be offended. I've never been punched or threatened by anyone who didn't care.

With your stated attitudes, I doubt your statement about being punched. Being angered and not caring are two different things. Of course you only care about your own attitudes which cause offense to others. Still not anger, just a desire to correct your false ideas, of which you have many.

BTW, you don't love open discussion. You love it when some fool agrees with you and causing you to have a problem with that person.
I'm sure I have some false ideas as do you.

Your biggest false idea is that you know and understand what you claim to be your faith. It is not as stated in your bible or any teachings of whatever church you claim to follow.

Since you claim it to be so available, you should get some help in defining what is actually said. It is wrong but that is for you to find out.

I never claimed to be 100% correct, that is for you religious types. Much to your shame.
Acts 16:25-34
The Conversion of the Jailer

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly a strong earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. At once all the doors flew open and everyone’s chains came loose.

27When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, presuming that the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul called out in a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself! We are all here!”

29Calling for lights, the jailer rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32Then Paul and Silas spoke the word of the Lord to him and to everyone in his house. 33At that hour of the night, the jailer took them and washed their wounds. And without delay, he and all his household were baptized. 34Then he brought them into his home and set a meal before them. So he and all his household rejoiced that they had come to believe in God.

John 16:1-21
Jesus Teaches Nicodemus
1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

The Rich Young Ruler Luke 18: 18-27
(Matthew 19:16–30; Mark 10:17–31)

18Then a certain ruler asked Him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

19“Why do you call Me good?” Jesus replied. “No one is good except God alone. 20You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.’b

21“All these I have kept from my youth,” he said.

22On hearing this, Jesus told him, “You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.”

23But when the ruler heard this, he became very sad, because he was extremely wealthy.

24Seeing the man’s sadness,c Jesus said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

26Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

27But Jesus said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

Any eyewitnesses to this alleged tale? When was it recorded and what proof has ever been presented in support?

Just another myth being put forth by the deluded adherents of this idea.

For that matter, is there any physical proof of this Jesus you claim to admire? I'll wait.
Actually, the accounts are found in several books of the New Testament that were written by different people, everyone of which is either reputed to have been a witness or a witness to the person who was there. There is more ancient documentation surrounding Jesus the Messiah than any other event or individual from that time period.

So no proof, huh? Just more myths without evidence. As expected.
You're the one with no proof only speculation. All the Apostles are recorded to have died horrible deaths on account of their faith in JESUS the MESSIAH. People don't die willingly for what they know to be a lie, and neither would I.

No, that is how the religious have claimed that they died. Very doubtful and you cannot possibly know the motivations from 2000 years ago, just the story the religious claim to have happened. They would lie, and so do you.
What would be the point of lying about something like this? It certainly doesn't either put money in my pocket nor earn me a seat in Congress. Evolutionists have everything material to lose job wise, plus fame, authority, respect, control.... The Apostles never had any of that, and frankly, neither do I.

You have your ego, which is a much bigger thing to you than anything else. You feel that all should believe you just because you make a claim.

You are correct that you have no fame, authority or respect but th9is is caused by what you post and then try to confirm with myths.

BTW, these apostles never considered themselves to be what you call them. That name came along, as so much else you claim, is a total fabrication. Just like the vast majority of your beliefs.
Sorry, that you feel so threatened. Fortunately, the youngest book of the BIBLE is authoritatively accepted to have been transcribed by St. John just around 95 AD. By the way, I'm a saint. That's exactly what the New Testament writers consider everyone who is saved by grace through Jesus Christ. So, that is exactly what I consider myself to be. If that offends you, you might just wish to consider becoming one too.

Did I mention your ego? How about your ability to spin fantasies and lies that you try and pass off a truths?

I feel no threat by what you claim as true since it is so patently false, and considering the source no one believes it except yourself.

BTW, you a saint? First, no such thing as a saint. Second you display zero of the attributes ascribed to one of these entities. You lie, attempt to deny any thought but your own and are an ego driven, pig headed individual who lacks the knowledge to even admit that he totally wrong.

Oh yes. The bible is not authoritative on any thing as it is constantly disputed and proven wrong, except to those who cannot think for themselves. It is not even the same bible that you claim as the original.
Prove that what I have said is false. Prove that the Bible is not authoritative. Prove that the Old Testament at the time of Jesus didn't exist as it appears today, and that the Hebrew text has been corrupted. Tell me what exactly are the attributes of a saint?

You prove that they are correct, which they are not. Continual translations over 2000 hears says that what you say is a lie.

You ever hear of a game called post office? Proof positive that your claim is totally false.

Your stance that this did not happen just shows how ignorant you truly are.
Utter nonsense. You need to read a Hebrew Old Testament and then research the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Translations of Hebrews 4:12 They all say the same thing, just differently...
New International Version
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

New Living Translation
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

English Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Berean Study Bible
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Berean Literal Bible
For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even as far as the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrows, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

New American Standard Bible

New King James Version
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

King James Bible
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Contemporary English Version
God's word is alive and powerful! It is sharper than any double-edged sword. His word can cut through our spirits and souls and through our joints and marrow, until it discovers the desires and thoughts of our hearts.

Good News Translation
The word of God is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It cuts all the way through, to where soul and spirit meet, to where joints and marrow come together. It judges the desires and thoughts of the heart.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart.

International Standard Version
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing until it divides soul and spirit, joints and marrow, as it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart.

NET Bible
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For the word of God is living and all-efficient, and much sharper than a double edged sword, and it pierces to the separation of soul and spirit and of joints, marrow and of bones, and judges the reasoning and conscience of the heart.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God's word is living and active. It is sharper than any two-edged sword and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet. God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions.

New American Standard 1977

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Darby Bible Translation
For the word of God [is] living and operative, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and penetrating to [the] division of soul and spirit, both of joints and marrow, and a discerner of the thoughts and intents of [the] heart.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
For God's Message is full of life and power, and is keener than the sharpest two-edged sword. It pierces even to the severance of soul from spirit, and penetrates between the joints and the marrow, and it can discern the secret thoughts and purposes of the heart.

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
for the reckoning of God is living, and working, and sharp above every two-edged sword, and piercing unto the dividing asunder both of soul and spirit, of joints also and marrow, and a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart;

Saying the "same thing only differently" means that they do not say the same thing. Your own words just proved how wrong you still are.

You continue to make mistakes and refuse to acknowledge it. Totally destroys your credibility, what little you have.

(regardless)

(regardless)

At least some of Jesus' disciples were married. Matthew writes directly about Peter's mother-in-law (Matthew 8:14), and Paul references other disciples being married in 1 Corinthians 9:5 when he says he has a right to marry a believing woman because Peter, Jesus' brothers, and other apostles had married. However, Paul was not married, at least at the time of his writings.

The truth be told, there is nothing wrong for a man to marry a woman of the same faith. The story of Noah is also historical and isn't about good vs evil, but so much more about GOD taking care of those HE is committed to.
really, how nice.

You are a fornicator ( you ever thought of having sex with someone you are not married to).

you also misunderstand noah - their death would have been the last person of good - the Almighty returned before their death, destroyed those of evil as was the pending consequence and gave humanity a second chance. the crucifixion put those people back in charge, the crucifiers wrote the christian bible. you are under their spell or are simply one of them.
You are a Gnostic.

Do you even know what a gnostic is?

Hint they are more intelligent than you and based in fact, not myth.
I'm thinking you don't know what a Gnostic Christian is :lol:

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.
I've thought that about him. I think I even asked him. If I recall he denied it. His shtick is to be as vague as humanely possible about his beliefs.

There's a better than even chance he has communistic leanings. Which is also in keeping with the Gnostic Christians.

Good luck in getting him to fess up.
There's a better than even chance he has communistic leanings.

sorry bing, you weren't invited to write the u s constitution, left out or -

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

too busy sucking on the king of england and your roman pope.

You are a Gnostic.
the religion of antiquity is six words in length - the triumph of good vs evil - the metaphysical for ones spirit to flourish in the Everlasting for as long as it may. from whence you came.

your issue nipper is the conflict of santa clause and the messiah - your world of convenience does not exist there is no goal to accomplish than what you have to earn yourself for its rewards.

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.
I've thought that about him. I think I even asked him. If I recall he denied it. His shtick is to be as vague as humanely possible about his beliefs.

There's a better than even chance he has communistic leanings. Which is also in keeping with the Gnostic Christians.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

You are a Gnostic.
the religion of antiquity is six words in length - the triumph of good vs evil - the metaphysical for ones spirit to flourish in the Everlasting for as long as it may. from whence you came.

your issue nipper is the conflict of santa clause and the messiah - your world of convenience does not exist there is no goal to accomplish than what you have to earn yourself for its rewards.
I totally nailed it when I predicted how vague you'd be. :rofl:

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

I totally nailed it when I predicted how vague you'd be.
the same in the 1st century your response to the religious itinerant - to a tree. crucifier.

to bad for you, they helped to write the u s constitution - the true survivors, the religion of antiquity.

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

the same in the 1st century your response to the religious itinerant - to a tree. crucifier.

to bad for you, they helped to write the u s constitution - the true survivors, the religion of antiquity.
Which religion was that? :lol:

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

Which religion was that?
the one you have abandoned for your 4th century christianity, the spoken religion of antiquity.

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

Which religion was that?
the one you have abandoned for your 4th century christianity, the spoken religion of antiquity.
What was it's name?

Who practiced it?

How do you know about it?

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

Which religion was that?
What was it's name?

Who practiced it?

google is your friend - try 1st century ...

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

Which religion was that?
What was it's name?

Who practiced it?

I actually did google it. Google didn't come back with anything.

Why can't you tell me? You are the one who is supposedly an expert on it. Right?

(regardless)

(regardless)

really, how nice.

You are a Gnostic.

You are a Gnostic.

Which religion was that?
What was it's name?

Who practiced it?

Are you scared to tell me about it?

As noted, every ancient culture practiced some form of religion, but where religion began cannot be pinpointed with any certainty. The argument over whether Mesopotamian religion inspired that of the Egyptians has gone on for over a century now and is no closer to being resolved than when it began. It is most probable that every culture developed its own belief in supernatural entities to explain natural phenomena (day and night, the seasons) or to help make sense of their lives and the uncertain state humans find themselves in daily.

While it may be an interesting exercise in cultural exchange to attempt tracing the origins of religion, it does not seem a very worthwhile use of one's time, when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition and different cultures in different parts of the world could have come to the same conclusions about the meaning of life independently.

As noted, every ancient culture practiced some form of religion, but where religion began cannot be pinpointed with any certainty. The argument over whether Mesopotamian religion inspired that of the Egyptians has gone on for over a century now and is no closer to being resolved than when it began. It is most probable that every culture developed its own belief in supernatural entities to explain natural phenomena (day and night, the seasons) or to help make sense of their lives and the uncertain state humans find themselves in daily.

While it may be an interesting exercise in cultural exchange to attempt tracing the origins of religion, it does not seem a very worthwhile use of one's time, when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition and different cultures in different parts of the world could have come to the same conclusions about the meaning of life independently.
Sure, but their origin, history and beliefs are not unknown. This is especially true for the timeline of the Sumerians on. Where those origins histories and beliefs are well known.

No, you prove what you said is true.
Nope, sorry. If you get to play by idiotic, childish rules, then so does everyone else.

So, prove it wrong...or admit it is true. Those are your options. Right? What's the matter... don't like being treated the way you treat others?

Wait, we already knew that, when you degenerated into a worthless, whiny blob when you got asked the question you ask everyone else: "But what if you are wrong?" You never did grow the stones to answer it.
Sorry, I'm not answering you until you start proving your position. Your "questions" always come on the heel of someone else's question to you ----- without you providing any answer --- time and again. There are other members/visitors on this website who are far more interested in a 2 way conversation without trying to turn the question around. If you are not interested, I'm sorry --- read if you will, but remain quiet. I actually did answer your question, but I can see that you both missed my very humble heartfelt response and again failed to answer my question though I asked you FIRST! I'd advise you to look over all my entries until you find my response. Answer me and I will answer you.

when it seems fairly clear that the religious impulse is simply a part of the human condition ...
the use of the term religious is inaccurate as that implies a structural learned trait where in fact all beings have the same impulse and connection to the metaphysical that is intuitive and viable as the means for their immediate purpose and their future contribution, evolution as their primary goal from birth onward.

Forum List

Back