Question About the KJV

I've brought this question up, but never gotten a satisfactory answer: what happens to someone who doesn't read Jacobean English? Are other translations acceptable in God's eyes for non-English readers? Or is God's word just perfect in 17th century English and everyone else doomed if they weren't enlightened enough (or lucky enough to live post-1604) to read it in the original English? If I can read the original Hebrew and Greek texts, is that okay, or would I be just as guilty of reading false scripture as if I read another translation? What if I take the KJV and make the language user-friendly? Is that heresy or something?

Yes, there are many acceptable translations. The homo one, where they simply removed the bits they don't agree with, isn't one of them.

The King James Version bible is the only acceptable bible to use for Christians and non Christians. The other translations have been altered, many scriptures have been totally removed - others changed so radically you cannot even recognize it as the Word of God.
Naw, God's word makes the translations that are undertaken by Christians motivated by love of God and a desire to faithfully convey the true meaning of the word inviolate. God's word is in and of itself holy. But when it's deliberately misrepresented in order to change it's meaning, it is no longer God's word, and no longer inviolate.

There are up to 30,000 changes in the various translations of the Bible with the exception of just one. The only one that is unchanged - the only one which does not have any scriptures removed from it - added to it - words changed - is the King James Version Bible. Which is why the enemies of God are working hard to drive it out of print.

Wrong. Here are some of the changes that have been done to the King James Version. Some are minor, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Changes in the King James version

Actually, what you have posted is a lie - the link you have posted is the excuse of so called scholars who took the liberty of removing dozens upon dozens of scriptures from the NIV and other translations. It's all a lie. You are on dangerous ground when you move away from the KJV and embrace these other books.

OK. I'll give you a shot to prove your accusation. Other than your claim, why should I believe it is all a lie? Proof?

Certainly! Here is the evidence. Listen to this video and then you'll know why these new age bible versions are being created to deceive the people. You can trust the King James Version bible as being the pure Word of God.

I'm not going to watch some 2,5 hour video. Answer the specific question. Why should I believe the link I gave you is a lie. Are the scholars that put that link together part of some conspiracy? If so, are all bible scholars part of that conspiracy? How can I tell those who are part of it and those who are not, why?

I've brought this question up, but never gotten a satisfactory answer: what happens to someone who doesn't read Jacobean English? Are other translations acceptable in God's eyes for non-English readers? Or is God's word just perfect in 17th century English and everyone else doomed if they weren't enlightened enough (or lucky enough to live post-1604) to read it in the original English? If I can read the original Hebrew and Greek texts, is that okay, or would I be just as guilty of reading false scripture as if I read another translation? What if I take the KJV and make the language user-friendly? Is that heresy or something?

You are screwed either way. However I will tell you the differences in the translations.

The Old Testament is fine. Most mainstream English translations are the same.

The New Testament is where things get tricky. You'll have to use your own judgement. The King James Bible and the Geneva Bible were translated using the Textus Receptus for the New Testament. Out of all the manuscripts of the New Testament that were found, 94% of them matched perfectly. Those are the ones used to translate the King James Bible and the Geneva Bible. Modern archeology uncovered manuscripts of the New Testament that were in better condition and were found to be older than all of those copies of the Textus Receptus. Almost every modern translation of the Bible uses these older and better texts. There is a difference between the translations.

Copyright laws make it cost prohibitive to create study Bibles using any of the newer translations Each company had to make a new translation of the Bible in order to avoid paying royalties. The only other option was to rely on English translations with an expired copyright to create their study Bibles.

You are screwed either way. The best translation of the Bible is the one that you will actually read. Even KJV only fanatics would probably feel the same way. It is better that you read the Bible than to be too intimidated by 17th century speech.

Some of the bible scriptures that have been removed from the other translations such as the NIV.

Matt. 17:21 has been removed from the NIV

1 John 5:7 has been removed from the NIV

2 Corinthians 6:5 has been removed from the NIV Bible.

2 Corinthians 11:27 has been removed from the NIV Bible and these last two verse were removed because they mention fasting. Satan wants to remove all traces of scriptures mentioning fasting...

Mark 9:29 fasting has been removed again from the NIV bible

Luke 4:4 sword is removed - words omitted from scripture...

The enemy is working hard to destroy the Word of God because it is the Sword of God and it is the Word of God spoken by the Believer that defeats him and destroys his work.

If a warrior were going into the heat of a battle he would not want a defective sword that had no edge to it. He would want a sword that was sharper than any other two edged sword out there. That sword? Is the King James Version Bible and Satan knows it!

There are up to 30,000 changes in the various translations of the Bible with the exception of just one. The only one that is unchanged - the only one which does not have any scriptures removed from it - added to it - words changed - is the King James Version Bible. Which is why the enemies of God are working hard to drive it out of print.

Wrong. Here are some of the changes that have been done to the King James Version. Some are minor, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Actually, what you have posted is a lie - the link you have posted is the excuse of so called scholars who took the liberty of removing dozens upon dozens of scriptures from the NIV and other translations. It's all a lie. You are on dangerous ground when you move away from the KJV and embrace these other books.

OK. I'll give you a shot to prove your accusation. Other than your claim, why should I believe it is all a lie? Proof?

Certainly! Here is the evidence. Listen to this video and then you'll know why these new age bible versions are being created to deceive the people. You can trust the King James Version bible as being the pure Word of God.

I'm not going to watch some 2,5 hour video. Answer the specific question. Why should I believe the link I gave you is a lie. Are the scholars that put that link together part of some conspiracy? If so, are all bible scholars part of that conspiracy? How can I tell those who are part of it and those who are not, why?

You said that you would give me a shot to prove my accusation. Now you claim after watching the video for less than 15 minutes that you are not going to watch it due to a time limitation. If you do not care about your own credibility (which is based on your keeping your word) then do not watch it. If you are going to expect me and other people here to listen to you? You are going to keep your word and listen to the entire video.

Your decision. Keep your word or do not keep your word? What is it going to be?

While there have been translations, the NKJ Bible has far fewer changes than others and not to the point of changing the intent of the verse. It can be trusted and as you progress in your studies, a Greek and Hebrew translation becomes necessary to get to the core of the message.
And no, there are some horrendous Bibles out there. Replacement theology ones and now pc ones with no mention of an exclusive way to Heaven. Christ has been removed completely. So be careful if you wander from the NKJ.

Some may ask what about the New King James Version (NKJ)? Wouldn't that be alright? No. The New King James Version (NKJ) denies the deity of Jesus Christ and does not state that Jesus Christ is God's Son but rather that he is God's "servant".

See this video for why the New King James Bible (NKJ) is not acceptable and more Q & A with Gail Riplinger:

Last edited:

Jesus sometimes quoted from the Hebrew bible and sometimes from the Greek Septuagint
Let that be your guide.

While there have been translations, the NKJ Bible has far fewer changes than others and not to the point of changing the intent of the verse. It can be trusted and as you progress in your studies, a Greek and Hebrew translation becomes necessary to get to the core of the message.
And no, there are some horrendous Bibles out there. Replacement theology ones and now pc ones with no mention of an exclusive way to Heaven. Christ has been removed completely. So be careful if you wander from the NKJ.

Wow! I did not see your comment here, Irish Ram! The Holy Spirit just led me to add another video by Gail Riplinger on the New King James Bible (new translation of King James Version bible) and after I posted it I noticed your post here! The NKJ (New King James Version) denies the deity of Jesus Christ and therein should not be used. We need to stay with the King James Version Bible.

The King James Version is the pure Word of God. We can trust every Word of it! We really need to protect KJV Bible with all that we have because this is the Believers Sword! THIS is our weapon against the enemy!

You said that you would give me a shot to prove my accusation. Now you claim after watching the video for less than 15 minutes that you are not going to watch it due to a time limitation. If you do not care about your own credibility (which is based on your keeping your word) then do not watch it. If you are going to expect me and other people here to listen to you? You are going to keep your word and listen to the entire video.

Keep my word? I never promised to watch your silly video. I'm not interested in the changes you claim that are in other versions of the Bible, and that has nothing to do with your claim that my link was a lie. Prove the King James version has not been changed. The information in my link is easy enough to verify. Just look up the different versions mentioned, and compare what is written. Show me where one of the changes claimed is not verified.

Keep my word? I never promised to watch your silly video. I'm not interested in the changes you claim that are in other versions of the Bible, and that has nothing to do with your claim that my link was a lie. Prove the King James version has not been changed. The information in my link is easy enough to verify. Just look up the different versions mentioned, and compare what is written. Show me where one of the changes claimed is not verified.

You invited me to present the evidence to prove my point. When I presented it you refused to watch it because it was 2 1/2 hours long. It isn't 2 1/2 half hours long. It's 1 1/2 hours long - I watched the entire video. As you will see if you fast forward to the half way mark in video - IT ENDS THERE. If you wish to watch the part two which begins at half way mark go ahead. Watching first half of video will be sufficient to prove my point. You said you would "give me a shot" at it to prove my point - and then you took back your word and refused by refusing to view the video. Now watch the presentation or you admit you are a person whose word is worthless. You are either going to keep your word to me and watch the video or you are not going to keep your word to me and continue to refuse to watch the video. Which shall it be, Bulldog?

Here is the video. Are you going to watch it or not?

Last edited:
Should "purists" learn the original language of any given text for better understanding?

As you can see in the video above the New King James Bible NKJ omits the word LORD 66 times, the word God 51 times, it omits heaven 50 times, it omits repent 44 times, it omits blood 23 times, it removes the word hell 22 time - it substitutes the word hades for hell. It removes the word devils and damnation there are in all 1100 places where words are replaced. The logo on the cover of the NKJ is a new age logo but it is also a symbol that goes way back into pagan witchcraft and it is called the unholy trinity.. You can see the same symbolism on the cover of the NKJ that you will find in the book called Pagan book of days - it is called the unholy trinity - Aleister Crowley and the Masons called it the royal arch - same symbolism - the unholy trinity -as Crowley said you cannot destroy you must replace. This is what they have done with the Bible - they pretend the King James Bible is archaic and the other books created to replace it are more modern. Ask yourself is the term hades more updated than hell? If hell is such an archaic word then why do people still use it to curse as this woman in video states? No. There is a very sinister motive behind what they are doing. They are replacing the King James Bible with the New King James with the latter - the New King James being a satanic / new age book - hear what she says about the New King James Bible. Very much in line with what the NWO would want for introducing the antichrist. Therein the New King James Bible - the most subtle yet - may be the most dangerous counterfeit of all of them with the NIV coming in right behind it. Stay with the King James Version Bible people. Any other book is very dangerous. Stay with the King James Bible. Led Zepplin has the unholy trinity logo on their album cover promoting Aleister Crowley satanism and the exact same unholy trinity logo is on the cover of the NKJ Bible.

Should "purists" learn the original language of any given text for better understanding?

They should have some understanding of the changes the bible went through. They should try to understand the meaning of come words and how they differ from the original or oldest copies fragments of text.
For centuries the bible had to be in Latin, a dead language outside the church, law and medicine. It too was flawed and the books chosen were more political than religious.
When comparing the modern torah to the dead sea scrolls we can see how similar and a few mistakes in the hand copying that have take place.
We have seen how non-codex books and the NT differ and how they tell a similar story. There were so many popular text that were not included in the codex.
Text that at the time held as much truth to early christians as the NT does today.
Christians have gone through more than a millennia of bloody purges and conflicts between the sects and even today the pope is telling them that the old beliefs were incorrect and that the church is still evolving. scholars if ancient languages are still discovering text that so the changes the modern bible went through.
How do 'purists' that believe in the love and mercy of god/jesus have so much hate for those who see things a bit differently? How did the 'word of god' spawn so many denominations? How can they all be correct when they teach differing messages?
Obviously the bible, as in the KJB, is not the word of god but the creation of men over time. It evolved as religion evolved.

Forum List

Back