Question about overturning Roe v wade and what it actually states

Factsmatter

Rookie
Jun 29, 2022
Since the day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, there has been enormous rage toward Christianity. The general consensus among the protesters, Twitter, instagram, celebrities, etc.. is that this was a religious ruling. That this ruling was made by Christian judges to impose their agenda. This was for the freedom to practice religion. My question is Was this case determined by religion? Will some southern states go further and ban abortion outright or will each state have some timeframe for elective abortion? Will some states also ban contraceptives, medication by mail,. I know judges have said they are merely interpreting the law and there is no right to abortion in the constitution. But I’m confused by that. Of course the constitution doesn’t mention abortion. Will certain states also make no exception for rape/incest. I’m frequently confronted by people who hold these beliefs as fact based on the media. I’m not sure how to respond. Looking forward to your reply’s. Thanks!🙂

God said "Thou shalt not kill(murder)" If the case was determined by religion, abortion would be illegal in every state.

Since the day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, there has been enormous rage toward Christianity. The general consensus among the protesters, Twitter, instagram, celebrities, etc.. is that this was a religious ruling. That this ruling was made by Christian judges to impose their agenda. This was for the freedom to practice religion. My question is Was this case determined by religion? Will some southern states go further and ban abortion outright or will each state have some timeframe for elective abortion? Will some states also ban contraceptives, medication by mail,. I know judges have said they are merely interpreting the law and there is no right to abortion in the constitution. But I’m confused by that. Of course the constitution doesn’t mention abortion. Will certain states also make no exception for rape/incest. I’m frequently confronted by people who hold these beliefs as fact based on the media. I’m not sure how to respond. Looking forward to your reply’s. Thanks!🙂
Those on the Left only deal with science and the facts. That is why the oppose religion

And everyone knows what science says about when a life becomes human.

Only when the unborn fetus passes out of the womb does the Birth Fairy swoop down and wave her magic wand over the infant to make it human, but not until then. Even if it is partially born, this does not count!!

1656516308435.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You're new here so you aren't aware that sincerity is usually answered with spamming and extremism. I don't do that but I prefer to now answer any of your questions with my opinion, until I can see that you're as sincere as you sound.

Do prove yourself. We need decent people here on this forum

However, I will at least say that there is a warranted rage against Christianity in my opinion.

By default, science replaces faith, because faith is only based on the truth inside one's head. It is irrelevant if the truth inside another believer's head agrees with the initial truth. Jacques Lacan: "I Truth, lie."

The biological truth is that there is never a time SCOTUS can scientifically claim "viability" of the fetus, because there is always already life, a term inseparable from viability, even before the DNA combines. This scientific fact, however, does not make life religious. The pathology enters when SCOTUS, religion, or anyone else attempts to insert word games, gestational timing, etc. so that they can confiscate (if they're allowed to) the scientific fact of living tissue.

You're new here so you aren't aware that sincerity is usually answered with spamming and extremism. I don't do that but I prefer to now answer any of your questions with my opinion, until I can see that you're as sincere as you sound.

Do prove yourself. We need decent people here on this forum

However, I will at least say that there is a warranted rage against Christianity in my opinion.
I’m very sincere. I don’t know how exactly the SC arrived at this decision but from most people I know, it was because it goes against Christianity. I’m not certain that’s true

I’m very sincere. I don’t know how exactly the SC arrived at this decision but from most people I know, it was because it goes against Christianity. I’m not certain that’s true
O.k. then I'll consider you to be sincere, with due caution. I can't relate in the least to the SC being against Christianity.

Have you misstated what you were trying to say? I would perceive that the SC has acted in accordance with Christianity's demands.

FYI, I'm a Canadian who is opposed to abortion. But my first consideration is in eliminating most of the need for an abortion.

And so after the 'need' is created, I'm solidly on the side of freedom for a woman to choose. In fact, I can say i'm for freedom for all people to choose, on many other questions too.

O.k. then I'll consider you to be sincere, with due caution. I can't relate in the least to the SC being against Christianity.

Have you misstated what you were trying to say? I would perceive that the SC has acted in accordance with Christianity's demands.

FYI, I'm a Canadian who is opposed to abortion. But my first consideration is in eliminating most of the need for an abortion.

And so after the 'need' is created, I'm solidly on the side of freedom for a woman to choose. In fact, I can say i'm for freedom for all people to choose, on many other questions too.
Christianity doesn't get to demand anything. That's why there is the separation of church and state written into the godless US Constitution.

'Divorcing religion from government was so important that the US Congress edited the word god out of its oath of office. The first bill Congress passed under the Constitution that President George Washington signed into law in Jun 1789 was "An Act to regulate the Time and Manner of administering certain Oaths." As originally proposed, it had two clauses mentioning god: "in the presence of Almighty GOD" and "So help me God." Neither made the final cut, and the oath remains godless until 1862.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth, p. 33)

Is all killing murder?

So I take it you've never read the Bible?

The biblical Jews were God's chosen people. He gave them certain rules that they must follow, the first of which were the Ten Commandments. The Jews kept their lineage as pure as they could, while other tribes descended into idolatry, false gods, human sacrifice, and many other forms of immoral behavior.

I'm not saying the Jews were perfect. They themselves disobeyed God's laws, which usually brought disastrous results upon them. At times, God even allowed His chosen people to destroy other tribes which worshiped false gods, as an exemplification of His might, His power, and His glory. They destroyed them down to the last man, woman and child, and the Jews were humbled at the power God gave them.

But my question is why was it overturned from a legal perspective. SC judges can not rule for religious reasons

Since the day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, there has been enormous rage toward Christianity. The general consensus among the protesters, Twitter, instagram, celebrities, etc.. is that this was a religious ruling.
I would suggest that you are right on that.
That this ruling was made by Christian judges to impose their agenda. This was for the freedom to practice religion.
I wouldn't accept that it has anything to do with freedom to practice religion. I don't see any rational way of making that connection. Rather, it can be said that the abortion bans and related issues, are forcing religious princiiples on citizens.
My question is Was this case determined by religion? Will some southern states go further and ban abortion outright or will each state have some timeframe for elective abortion? Will some states also ban contraceptives, medication by mail,. I know judges have said they are merely interpreting the law and there is no right to abortion in the constitution.
I don't know how it will influence the taking away of other rights and freedoms but there's certainly reason to suspect so after Thomas's stated priorities.
But I’m confused by that. Of course the constitution doesn’t mention abortion. Will certain states also make no exception for rape/incest. I’m frequently confronted by people who hold these beliefs as fact based on the media. I’m not sure how to respond. Looking forward to your reply’s. Thanks!🙂
There's no reason to think everything could be considered, based on your Constitution. It's blatantly obvious that abortion not being mentioned, means nothing as to it being allowed or disallowed.

Keep doing what you apprear to be doing, so far at least. It's painfully needed here.

Christianity doesn't get to demand anything. That's why there is the separation of church and state written into the godless US Constitution.

'Divorcing religion from government was so important that the US Congress edited the word god out of its oath of office. The first bill Congress passed under the Constitution that President George Washington signed into law in Jun 1789 was "An Act to regulate the Time and Manner of administering certain Oaths." As originally proposed, it had two clauses mentioning god: "in the presence of Almighty GOD" and "So help me God." Neither made the final cut, and the oath remains godless until 1862.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth, p. 33)
I'm quite aware of what is 'supposed' to be, but that's becoming much different from what 'is' the practice of your Scotus.

It will be too late to appeal on the basis of your 'rights and freedoms' when democracy has lost to the approaching fascism.

Let America's huge decline on it's standing be a warning just in time!

So I take it you've never read the Bible?

Back to front more than a dozen times as well as 20 plus years of extensive bible study

The biblical Jews were God's chosen people. He gave them certain rules that they must follow, the first of which were the Ten Commandments. The Jews kept their lineage as pure as they could, while other tribes descended into idolatry, false gods, human sacrifice, and many other forms of immoral behavior.

I guess that is an ok readers digest version

I'm not saying the Jews were perfect. They themselves disobeyed God's laws, which usually brought disastrous results upon them. At times, God even allowed His chosen people to destroy other tribes which worshiped false gods, as an exemplification of His might, His power, and His glory. They destroyed them down to the last man, woman and child, and the Jews were humbled at the power God gave them.

God did not allow them to do so, God commanded they do so. Are you sure your read the bible?

So, that last part, was that murder?

The fact is, Roe v. Wade was not exactly overturned. This Supreme Court changed a State matter back over to the individual states to decide, and not the Feds. Abortion is now back to the parameters of the state the woman seeking to abort her baby lives in. They fixed a 50-year-old decision that mistakenly expropriate a State's right to the Fed's jurisdiction.

Abortion decisions for any given state is now in the choosing of that state's people, not everybody-in-the-USA. I can understand so much why the Democrats hope to jiggle a false scenario into their vote expansion, but when people realize they are no longer under the thumb of 8 or 9 states, abortion issues will now be handled locally, not nationally. It was the right thing to do, but the Democrats don't want states ruling. They want all the power concentrated into their camp. We'll see if by November they have pocketed more votes with lies and ridiculous beating the victim drum.

Back to front more than a dozen times as well as 20 plus years of extensive bible study

God did not allow them to do so, God commanded they do so. Are you sure your read the bible?

The Ten Commandments didn't apply to those tribes that practiced idolatry and the worship of false gods. Those ten rules only pertained to the Jews who for the most part, observed God's laws. The only salvation for those wicked tribes would have been to convert to Judaism, and observe God's laws, which some did.

It wasn't until the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ that everyone across the board was offered forgiveness and eternal life.

The Supreme Court arrived at their decision because there is no reference in the Constitution to abortion, and on top of that no reference either to the right to privacy that the right to abortion is based on. No Supreme Court should be creating constitutional rights out of thin air, there has to be some foundation in the Constitution or some substantial basis in our history and traditions. The 1973 Court tried to declare the latter to be enough, but the current Court disagreed, as do quite a number of constitutional lawyers including some who actually support abortion rights. It was judicial overreach that never should have been determined in the 1st place.

AND - Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nowhere in the majority opinion is that stated or even implied.

how could you not know why they sent it back to the states??
they wrote a long explanation on why,,

Forum List

Back