Pure hypothetical: let's pretend republicans have full control of the government

Let's pretend republicans controlled both the White House and all of congress. Answer the following questions with SPECIFIC answers.

HOW would they fix the shrinking middle class issue?

HOW would they top the 10.3 million private jobs created under Obama?

HOW would they fix the problem of stagnant wages in the lower classes even though we already have record corporate profits right now?

HOW would they help the poor?

HOW would they help the middle class and strengthen it?

HOW would they decrease the national debt if they would inevitably cut taxes for the super wealthy and spending would only continue?

HOW would they create an adequate number of full time jobs?

Oh, and just in case you all forgot: trickle down economics is a lie. Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. How do we know? Look at the pathetic job growth under Bush and the recent economic report in Kansas. then look at the job growth under obama. Demand side economics is what works.

I know some of you will inevitably dodge the topic by saying "what would dems do? derp derp derp"

Don't even bother. This is about republicans.
how many of those 10.3 million jobs were part time or low wage jobs?....and how many adequate number of full time jobs are there in that number?....
Ok I'm going to ask you a straight up question and I expect a straight up answer. Why is that Obama's fault? What should he have done to allow more of the creation of full time jobs?

Oh and Bush's record was abysmal with job creation. How many full time jobs did he create?
why is that Obamas fault?.....why did you state that those 10 million jobs were created under Obama if you were not trying to give him credit for those jobs?.....so if say 80% of those 10 million jobs were part time....then you pull his name out?...

Tax cuts for the wealthy, attempt to pay for it by gutting social programs. It's their mission from God.

1. tax cuts for all.

2. gut social programs.

That's a pretty good platform, actually....
gutting all social programs will just cause more problems....

No waste, corruption, mismanagement or fraud in social programs, huh? ok...
so all those on aide right now....what happens to them?....huh?....ok....

Revise the rules. cut waste...cut spending...what?..it's too "hard"?
Going to the moon was "hard", too..but we did it...

Let's pretend republicans controlled both the White House and all of congress. Answer the following questions with SPECIFIC answers.

HOW would they fix the problem of stagnant wages in the lower classes even though we already have record corporate profits right now?

HOW would they decrease the national debt if they would inevitably cut taxes for the super wealthy and spending would only continue?

Oh, and just in case you all forgot: trickle down economics is a lie. Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. How do we know? Look at the pathetic job growth under Bush and the recent economic report in Kansas. then look at the job growth under obama. Demand side economics is what works.

I know some of you will inevitably dodge the topic by saying "what would dems do? derp derp derp"

how many of those 10.3 million jobs were part time or low wage jobs?....and how many adequate number of full time jobs are there in that number?....
Ok I'm going to ask you a straight up question and I expect a straight up answer. Why is that Obama's fault? What should he have done to allow more of the creation of full time jobs?

Oh and Bush's record was abysmal with job creation. How many full time jobs did he create?
why is that Obamas fault?.....why did you state that those 10 million jobs were created under Obama if you were not trying to give him credit for those jobs?.....so if say 80% of those 10 million jobs were part time....then you pull his name out?...
Well see the ultimate job creation comes down to the actual job creators. Corporate profits are at an all time high. What was stopping them from creating all of these full time jobs? See my point is Obama helped facilitate the massive job growth, but of course the fundamentals of an individual job comes down to the business that created it.

Another mindless, bigoted, partisan troll post from the OP.

If the GOP takes both chambers of Congress, the White House and can seat a few more conservative SCotUS justices, with any luck the government will go back to doing what it is supposed to do, - protecting the rights of the people - rather than trying to "fix" the endless problems liberals see with society.
Yes as usual you cons give pathetic vague answers. I want SPECIFICS. Like it or not, I am asking fair questions.
I gave you answer -- I do not accept your premise that government exists to fix what you see as problems in our society.

I want government to protect the rights of the people, like it is supposed to do, and little else; as such, I would very much prefer that the GOP do nothing to address the "problems" you laid out, especially in the bigoted, partisan terms you used.

If the GOP takes both chambers of Congress, the White House and can seat a few more conservative SCotUS justices, with any luck the government will go back to doing what it is supposed to do, - protecting the rights of the people - rather than trying to "fix" the endless problems liberals see with society.
Yes as usual you cons give pathetic vague answers. I want SPECIFICS. Like it or not, I am asking fair questions.
I gave you answer -- I do not accept your premise that government exists to fix what you see as problems in our society.

I want government to protect the rights of the people, like it is supposed to do, and little else; as such, I would very much prefer that the GOP do nothing to address the "problems" you laid out, especially in the bigoted, partisan terms you used.
Do you even listen to yourself? Government doesn't fix problems? Are you shitting me? Why do we even bother electing officials then? You do realize, of course, republicans are government officials right?

Redfish -

Look at the graph again, and tell me what you see. This time try to remember the global economic meltdown.

unemployment rose starting in 2008, everyone knows that. Which party controlled congress in 2007 and 2008? What was the world economy doing in those years? Trying to place the entire blame on one person (Bush) is the height of partisan ignorance. Now, the dems controlled both houses of congress in 2009 and 2010, what does your graph say about those years?

this is not a party problem, its a philosophy of government problem. Governments cannot successfully control an economy. History proves that. Freedom works, totalitarian government does not.
Okay here is what you people have the hardest time grasping. NO ONE wants totalitarianism. "Freedom" as an abstract thought does not fix the economy. I know the word makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but in reality it has no practical influence over the economy or the function of government.

Man you really are republican aren't you?

No, I have voted for democrats in local elections when I thought they were the best candidates. I am more of a conservative than a republican. I want individual opportunity and responsibility. I want the govt out of our everyday lives. I do not want the govt telling me what kind of lightbulbs to buy or telling be me what to believe.

I do not want to live in an orwellian state. True freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. Every person is not entitled to equal results.

Redfish -

Look at the graph again, and tell me what you see. This time try to remember the global economic meltdown.

unemployment rose starting in 2008, everyone knows that. Which party controlled congress in 2007 and 2008? What was the world economy doing in those years? Trying to place the entire blame on one person (Bush) is the height of partisan ignorance. Now, the dems controlled both houses of congress in 2009 and 2010, what does your graph say about those years?

this is not a party problem, its a philosophy of government problem. Governments cannot successfully control an economy. History proves that. Freedom works, totalitarian government does not.
Okay here is what you people have the hardest time grasping. NO ONE wants totalitarianism. "Freedom" as an abstract thought does not fix the economy. I know the word makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but in reality it has no practical influence over the economy or the function of government.

No, I have voted for democrats in local elections when I thought they were the best candidates. I am more of a conservative than a republican. I want individual opportunity and responsibility. I want the govt out of our everyday lives. I do not want the govt telling me what kind of lightbulbs to buy or telling be me what to believe.

I do not want to live in an orwellian state. True freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail. Every person is not entitled to equal results.
Look I'm not denying the importance of freedom, but you have this bizarre idea in your head that it has a range of practical implications and it doesn't.

Do you even listen to yourself? Government doesn't fix problems? Are you shitting me? Why do we even bother electing officials then? You do realize, of course, republicans are government officials right?
Apparently you did not read what I said. I'll repeat myself.

This answers all of your questions, in full.

Um okay. If government won't fix these problems, what the fuck will? Do you really not think the economy is important?

Tax cuts for the wealthy, attempt to pay for it by gutting social programs. It's their mission from God.

1. tax cuts for all.

2. gut social programs.

That's a pretty good platform, actually....
gutting all social programs will just cause more problems....

No waste, corruption, mismanagement or fraud in social programs, huh? ok...
so all those on aide right now....what happens to them?....huh?....ok....

Revise the rules. cut waste...cut spending...what?..it's too "hard"?
Going to the moon was "hard", too..but we did it...
thats not answering my question......you said GUT social programs.....thats somewhat different than just cutting spending or waste.....gut means
to remove the vital or essential parts from something....if you remove the vital or essential parts....whats left?...

Um okay. If government won't fix these problems, what the fuck will? Do you really not think the economy is important?
I do not accept your premise that government exists to fix what you see as problems in our society.
Thus, your OP has been fully addressed.

You guys do realize of course that one party never truly has total control there are tools in place for the minority party to challenge the majority and voter opposition and backlash that effects what the majority wants to do.

I do not accept your premise that government exists to fix what you see as problems in our society.
Okay this is a pretty simple question: when it comes to national problems you care about, what will fix them if not government.

Redfish -

Look I'm not denying the importance of freedom, but you have this bizarre idea in your head that it has a range of practical implications and it doesn't.

Do you have any knowledge about the history of our country? Do you know why the declaration of independence and the constitution were written? Do you know what the founders were trying to escape from in europe? Do you know why they used words like "endowed by their creator"?

When true freedom exists (under a sytem of laws) each individual can be what he or she is willing to work to become. That idea is what made this country great.

Now, we have adopted an idea that the govt must keep everyone from ever failing and must bail them out if they fail. We are going broke trying to make that stupid idea work.

Okay this is a pretty simple question: when it comes to national problems you care about, what will fix them if not government.

getting the government out of the way. "just get the hell out of my way" John Galt in Atlas Shrugged.

This is why only an idiot wants one party (either one) in charge of the senate, the house, and the presidency.

Redfish -

Do you have any knowledge about the history of our country? Do you know why the declaration of independence and the constitution were written? Do you know what the founders were trying to escape from in europe? Do you know why they used words like "endowed by their creator"?

When true freedom exists (under a sytem of laws) each individual can be what he or she is willing to work to become. That idea is what made this country great.

Now, we have adopted an idea that the govt must keep everyone from ever failing and must bail them out if they fail. We are going broke trying to make that stupid idea work.
Lol dude come on. The constitution is a government document. It created laws. Laws that limited freedom in many ways. Rape and murder have never been functions of freedom in this country.

In your Utopian fantasy, the founding fathers should have simply written "FREEDOM!" on one page and called it good. From there the anarchy and chaos would destroy any resemblance to a functioning society and the British crown would easily step in and take back what was originally theirs.

getting the government out of the way. "just get the hell out of my way" John Galt in Atlas Shrugged.
Nothing about that makes any fucking sense dude. Freedom does not solve many fundamental problems. You need to stop thinking with so much emotion and use some basic critical thinking skills.

Nothing about that makes any fucking sense dude. Freedom does not solve many fundamental problems. You need to stop thinking with so much emotion and use some basic critical thinking skills.

my critical skills exceed yours by a wide margin. The govt should set the basic rules and laws for the operations of business in the country. Then it should step back and leave it alone unless someone breaks the law.

What are these "basic problems" that only the government can solve? can you give us a list?

Lol dude come on. The constitution is a government document. It created laws. Laws that limited freedom in many ways. Rape and murder have never been functions of freedom in this country.

In your Utopian fantasy, the founding fathers should have simply written "FREEDOM!" on one page and called it good. From there the anarchy and chaos would destroy any resemblance to a functioning society and the British crown would easily step in and take back what was originally theirs.

as I said, you really don't understand. that post ^^^^^ proves it.

Forum List

Back