Pure hypothetical: let's pretend republicans have full control of the government

Redfish -

Look at the graph again, and tell me what you see. This time try to remember the global economic meltdown.

unemployment rose starting in 2008, everyone knows that. Which party controlled congress in 2007 and 2008? What was the world economy doing in those years? Trying to place the entire blame on one person (Bush) is the height of partisan ignorance. Now, the dems controlled both houses of congress in 2009 and 2010, what does your graph say about those years?

this is not a party problem, its a philosophy of government problem. Governments cannot successfully control an economy. History proves that. Freedom works, totalitarian government does not.

Let's pretend republicans controlled both the White House and all of congress. Answer the following questions with SPECIFIC answers.

HOW would they fix the shrinking middle class issue?

HOW would they top the 10.3 million private jobs created under Obama?

HOW would they fix the problem of stagnant wages in the lower classes even though we already have record corporate profits right now?

HOW would they help the poor?

HOW would they help the middle class and strengthen it?

HOW would they decrease the national debt if they would inevitably cut taxes for the super wealthy and spending would only continue?

HOW would they create an adequate number of full time jobs?

Oh, and just in case you all forgot: trickle down economics is a lie. Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. How do we know? Look at the pathetic job growth under Bush and the recent economic report in Kansas. then look at the job growth under obama. Demand side economics is what works.

I know some of you will inevitably dodge the topic by saying "what would dems do? derp derp derp"

Don't even bother. This is about republicans.
how many of those 10.3 million jobs were part time or low wage jobs?....and how many adequate number of full time jobs are there in that number?....

Redfish -

Somehow I thought a non-partisan approach might be a bit much for you.

We all have our biases, but I have to say that it's a real fool that can't admit their own, while harping on about everyone elses.

(To be fair, I would never suggest that the economic meltdown was Bush's fault alone, nor the GOP's fault alone. They do, however, have to accept a massive piece of responsibility for encouraging blind adherence to a perpetually rising stock market, and they have yet to understand that themselves. Once in power, the would repeat the same mistakes all over again.)

Heaven forbid either one of these parties having "full control of the government".

Derp derp derp indeed.

Seems to have worked wonders in California under Gov Brown (D) and both the Senate and Assembly under D control. We haven't fully recovered from the damage done by the don't tax, don't spend but fill the prisons Republican control, but we are getting there.

Heaven forbid either one of these parties having "full control of the government".
Well your point is noted, but if so many Rightwingers are convinced republicans can fix our nation's economic problems, this should be an easy topic to address.

No dumbass....

Government does not "fix problems".

It clears the path for us to fix our own as smaller entities.

That is why ALL of your premises are a fail.

Redfish -

Look at the graph again, and tell me what you see. This time try to remember the global economic meltdown.

unemployment rose starting in 2008, everyone knows that. Which party controlled congress in 2007 and 2008? What was the world economy doing in those years? Trying to place the entire blame on one person (Bush) is the height of partisan ignorance. Now, the dems controlled both houses of congress in 2009 and 2010, what does your graph say about those years?

this is not a party problem, its a philosophy of government problem. Governments cannot successfully control an economy. History proves that. Freedom works, totalitarian government does not.

free markets are self correcting and have no need of central control.

Derp derp derp indeed.

Seems to have worked wonders in California under Gov Brown (D) and both the Senate and Assembly under D control. We haven't fully recovered from the damage done by the don't tax, don't spend but fill the prisons Republican control, but we are getting there.

Some evidence would be great.

All of your bankrupt cities don't seem to say much for your efforts.

1. Eliminate the Department of "Education", let the states and private industry figure it out. The DofE has been a total disaster

2. Install fool-proof national voter ID system for all federal elections

3. Across the board 5% budget cut for all departments except Social Security.
3a. Bond in Social Security "Trust" Fund will be backed by oil and gas deposits of Federal lands, and can be readily sold on the open market.
3b. In fact, give people the option of opting out of SS in favor of a Roth IRA or 401k. They get the balance of their account transferred to an account, the have no further clams on SS

4. Cancel Obamacare and replace it with Medical Saving Account and deregulate all insurance.

5. Approve Keystone.

6. Fast track every LNG port in the USA

7. Allow sale of US oil and gas overseas
deregulate Ins?.....so once again you have something wrong....tough shit?...

Derp derp derp indeed.

mexifornia..LMAO...yeah we should all look to the land of fruits and nuts for their superior government policies...

Tax cuts for the wealthy, attempt to pay for it by gutting social programs. It's their mission from God.

1. tax cuts for all.

2. gut social programs.

That's a pretty good platform, actually....
gutting all social programs will just cause more problems....

No waste, corruption, mismanagement or fraud in social programs, huh? ok...
so all those on aide right now....what happens to them?....huh?....ok....

Derp derp derp indeed.

yea its working great Wry.....in the wealthy Counties.....you do realize that something like 28 out of 58 Counties have UE that is higher than the state avg and about 11 of them are above 10%......are they not part of this State too?.....

Map Title: Unemployment rates by county, not seasonally adjusted
Map Type: California county Map
Month/Year: August/2014
CountyAugust
Alameda County6.1
Alpine County10.5
Amador County7.7
Butte County8.1
Calaveras County8.2
Colusa County12.0
Contra Costa County6.0
Del Norte County9.6
El Dorado County6.6
Fresno County10.1
Glenn County9.9
Humboldt County7.2
Imperial County25.1
Inyo County6.7
Kern County9.5
Kings County10.6
Lake County8.9
Lassen County8.6
Los Angeles County8.5
Madera County9.0
Marin County4.2
Mariposa County6.0
Mendocino County6.1
Merced County11.3
Modoc County8.2
Mono County6.6
Monterey County6.9
Napa County4.8
Nevada County6.1
Orange County5.4
Placer County6.1
Plumas County7.5
Riverside County9.2
Sacramento County7.3
San Benito County6.9
San Bernardino County8.2
San Diego County6.2
San Francisco County4.7
San Joaquin County10.3
San Luis Obispo County5.8
San Mateo County4.3
Santa Barbara County5.6
Santa Clara County5.5
Santa Cruz County6.7
Shasta County8.4
Sierra County8.3
Siskiyou County9.2
Solano County6.8
Sonoma County5.4
Stanislaus County10.2
Sutter County10.5
Tehama County9.3
Trinity County8.7
Tulare County11.8
Tuolumne County7.5
Ventura County6.8
Yolo County6.8
Yuba County11.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Another mindless, bigoted, partisan troll post from the OP.

If the GOP takes both chambers of Congress, the White House and can seat a few more conservative SCotUS justices, with any luck the government will go back to doing what it is supposed to do, - protecting the rights of the people - rather than trying to "fix" the endless problems liberals see with society.

Let's pretend republicans controlled both the White House and all of congress. Answer the following questions with SPECIFIC answers.

HOW would they fix the shrinking middle class issue?

HOW would they top the 10.3 million private jobs created under Obama?

HOW would they fix the problem of stagnant wages in the lower classes even though we already have record corporate profits right now?

HOW would they help the poor?

HOW would they help the middle class and strengthen it?

HOW would they decrease the national debt if they would inevitably cut taxes for the super wealthy and spending would only continue?

HOW would they create an adequate number of full time jobs?

Oh, and just in case you all forgot: trickle down economics is a lie. Tax cuts for the wealthy only help the wealthy. How do we know? Look at the pathetic job growth under Bush and the recent economic report in Kansas. then look at the job growth under obama. Demand side economics is what works.

I know some of you will inevitably dodge the topic by saying "what would dems do? derp derp derp"

Don't even bother. This is about republicans.
how many of those 10.3 million jobs were part time or low wage jobs?....and how many adequate number of full time jobs are there in that number?....
Ok I'm going to ask you a straight up question and I expect a straight up answer. Why is that Obama's fault? What should he have done to allow more of the creation of full time jobs?

Oh and Bush's record was abysmal with job creation. How many full time jobs did he create?

Another mindless, bigoted, partisan troll post from the OP.

If the GOP takes both chambers of Congress, the White House and can seat a few more conservative SCotUS justices, with any luck the government will go back to doing what it is supposed to do, - protecting the rights of the people - rather than trying to "fix" the endless problems liberals see with society.
Yes as usual you cons give pathetic vague answers. I want SPECIFICS. Like it or not, I am asking fair questions.

Well your point is noted, but if so many Rightwingers are convinced republicans can fix our nation's economic problems, this should be an easy topic to address.

No dumbass....

Government does not "fix problems".

It clears the path for us to fix our own as smaller entities.

That is why ALL of your premises are a fail.
Lol what the fuck does even that mean? You people kill me. I will never forget this post. It's like signature worthy shit lol.

Redfish -

Somehow I thought a non-partisan approach might be a bit much for you.

We all have our biases, but I have to say that it's a real fool that can't admit their own, while harping on about everyone elses.

(To be fair, I would never suggest that the economic meltdown was Bush's fault alone, nor the GOP's fault alone. They do, however, have to accept a massive piece of responsibility for encouraging blind adherence to a perpetually rising stock market, and they have yet to understand that themselves. Once in power, the would repeat the same mistakes all over again.)

LOL, thats some funny shit. what has obozo been using the fed for if not to artifically pump up the market?

Redfish -

Okay here is what you people have the hardest time grasping. NO ONE wants totalitarianism. "Freedom" as an abstract thought does not fix the economy. I know the word makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but in reality it has no practical influence over the economy or the function of government.

Man you really are republican aren't you?

Forum List

Back