Puerto Rican Hurricane Refugees- Don't Come Here! (Florida)

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Right now, Tropical Storm Fiona is approaching Puerto Rico, and is expected to become a hurricane (category 1 or 2) at that time. 20 inches of rain is expected with floods, mudslides, washed out roads, power outages. All this points to the younger and more educated, and wealthier Puerto Ricans leaving the island, and coming to the United States.

As a resident of Florida, and veteran of many hurricanes here, I am advising Puerto Ricans that Florida is not the place to go, to escape the hurricane phenomenon. You could evacuate from Puerto Rico, and a week later, get hit with a strong damaging hurricane here in Florida. A better place to go is New York, New Jersey, or Massachusetts, where you are less likely to have more hurricane trouble, and also more apt to receive social services to help you get started.

Right now, Tropical Storm Fiona is approaching Puerto Rico, and is expected to become a hurricane (category 1 or 2) at that time. 20 inches of rain is expected with floods, mudslides, washed out roads, power outages. All this points to the younger and more educated, and wealthier Puerto Ricans leaving the island, and coming to the United States.

As a resident of Florida, and veteran of many hurricanes here, I am advising Puerto Ricans that Florida is not the place to go, to escape the hurricane phenomenon. You could evacuate from Puerto Rico, and a week later, get hit with a strong damaging hurricane here in Florida. A better place to go is New York, New Jersey, or Massachusetts, where you are less likely to have more hurricane trouble, and also more apt to receive social services to help you get started.
Advise them not to buy any real estate down there either, as it will be underwater soon and insurance companies have bailed and won't cover their losses.

Have you ever noticed that for all the hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and disasters Americans just pick up, clean up and build back. The Japanese had two nuclear bombs and Fukushima. They took care of business. Millions of Japanese didn't run her and tell us to take care of them.

The Puerto Ricans can take care of themselves.

Yes, but what does that have to do with it ?

Because you said this.........................

A better place to go is New York, New Jersey, or Massachusetts, where you are less likely to have more hurricane trouble, and also more apt to receive social services to help you get started.

You sounded like you were implying that they should go to Democrat places so they could get help since they were from another country (like a lot of conservatives are saying right now). I was telling you that they can come anywhere in CONUS that they want to, since they are American citizens, and are given the same rights/responsibilities/benefits (with the exception of voting for president) as any other citizen. They don't need help "getting started", and wouldn't be eligible for the same programs as refugees who come here.

Have you ever noticed that for all the hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and disasters Americans just pick up, clean up and build back. The Japanese had two nuclear bombs and Fukushima. They took care of business. Millions of Japanese didn't run her and tell us to take care of them.

The Puerto Ricans can take care of themselves.

They are American citizens, and are allowed to go anywhere, and live anywhere in this country that they want to.

Because you said this.........................
You sounded like you were implying that they should go to Democrat places so they could get help since they were from another country (like a lot of conservatives are saying right now). I was telling you that they can come anywhere in CONUS that they want to, since they are American citizens, and are given the same rights/responsibilities/benefits (with the exception of voting for president) as any other citizen. They don't need help "getting started", and wouldn't be eligible for the same programs as refugees who come here.
You think I don't know that Puerto Ricans are citizens ? Nobody said they could not come here, so why are you talking about that ?

What I said was they SHOULD not come here, and I also did not say they they were from "another country"...YOU said that.
'And it's very likely that many of them would need some type of assistance if/when they were to come here, and as I said, they could get it in the states that I mentioned
They are American citizens, and are allowed to go anywhere, and live anywhere in this country that they want to.
Everybody knows that, and it has NOTHING to do with the thread - You are OFF TOPIC. Puerto Ricans are advised to not come to Florida after a hurricane, just the same as North Carolinians, Lousianans or Texans could be advised that.

Last edited:
They are corrupted to the core. Tens ob illions of dollars given to them and water and electricity not improved as to pay off the corrupted. Give them their freedom from colonizers. End this torture from the taxpayers.

Send them to Martha's Vineyard!

They should go to Florida and piss off white racist bigots like you, especially if they're professionals and have a high earning potential. They obviously don't need to get on welfare or rely on "social services" if they're professionals, so your argument is moot and inapplicable. I hope they move to Florida and change its draconian laws against the poor, forcing it through the democratic process to pass laws that provide social services to the poor, like Medicaid, housing for the homeless and poor working-class people, as well as drug rehabilitation, tuition-free vocational training/job training, child daycare for single mothers..etc. All of those social services that you hate.

Forum List

Back