PU$S: 'John Kerry Expresses ‘Gratitude’ to Iran After U.S. Sailors Are Released...'

Were they trespassing in Iranian waters? If so, the U.S. should apologize. How would the U.S. react if Iranian boats entered its waters? My guess is, it would have blown them to bits. So if there was an incursion, the U.S. should apologize and move on.

I'm just glad those men are back safe and sound.

Out Govt. plays the game just like everyone else's.

So then it's a matter of your perceiving as "weakness" what others, including the administration that brought these sailors home safely, perceive as "there's more than one solution." Given the status of the negotiations between Iran and the U.S., both sides got what they wanted out of this.

In diplomatic terms, that's called a "win." Things like this are going on in the meantime:

Iran 'fills Arak nuclear reactor core with concrete' - BBC News
You claim this administration 'brought these sailors home safely'. Please provide the link and evidence to support this claim, that the Obama administration did anything more than ask 'please' for their release and then publicly THANK Iran for taking them, treating them like an enemy, posting photos to embarrass Obama / the US, and finally releasing them.

Given the circumstances of the negotiations both sides got what they wanted?
Yeah, Iran continuously embarrassed the US, called for our destruction, violated the terms WHILE negotiating, making America look weak, and Obama got his 'legacy'. Again, seeing as how Iran violated the terms DURING negotiations and twice since with no repercussions, Iran has gotten EXACTLY what they wanted.

Got them out in less than
24 hours

What is not to be grateful for? Ever heard of diplomatic tact?
Again, please provide the link and info to support your claim that the Obama administration did anything.

Talk about playing checkers when the enemy is playing chess?! So you do not see the timing of this capture / kidnapping curious at all? It didn't have to be / wasn't about KEEPING them. Hours before Obama goes before his nation one last time, attempting to portray himself as strong, successful, powerful, and boldly stepping forward into his last year Iran captures 10 US military personnel, showing Obama has NO power. They wait until Kerry publicly thanks them for their release - which for all we know was part of the terms for their release ('You have to THANK us, biatch!'), then they plaster those photos all over for the world to see.

In doing so the U.S. looks like weak dorks, with our hat in our hand, thanking the bully for giving us a wedgy!!

Dude, take the blinders off...Iran just played Obama, Kerry, and the US on the world stage!

Was it an incursion into Iranian waters? If so, an apology should be expected from the U.S. What if Iranian boats trespassed into U.S. waters? I'm pretty sure they'd be blown to bits. So yes, in some way it is reasonable to be grateful Iran didn't kill our soldiers. An apology from the U.S wouldn't be unreasonable either.

Last edited:
24 hours

Again, please provide the link and info to support your claim that the Obama administration did anything.

Talk about playing checkers when the enemy is playing chess?! So you do not see the timing of this capture / kidnapping curious at all? It didn't have to be / wasn't about KEEPING them. Hours before Obama goes before his nation one last time, attempting to portray himself as strong, successful, powerful, and boldly stepping forward into his last year Iran captures 10 US military personnel, showing Obama has NO power. They wait until Kerry publicly thanks them for their release - which for all we know was part of the terms for their release ('You have to THANK us, biatch!'), then they plaster those photos all over for the world to see.

In doing so the U.S. looks like weak dorks, with our hat in our hand, thanking the bully for giving us a wedgy!!

Dude, take the blinders off...Iran just played Obama, Kerry, and the US on the world stage!
John Kerry got them out within 24 hours

A key was not escalating a minor incident into an international crisis

24 hours

I agree and the Iranians acted wisely.

It was a win win.

The U.S. sailors have admitted trespassing in Iranian waters. They've apologized for it. And we should be grateful Iran didn't kill them. If Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters, they'd absolutely be dead right now. So Iran has shown some patience and class on this. We should acknowledge that.

In another post it seems the Obama / Liberal propaganda machine is working OVERTIME as it is now being declared that the administration 'ENABLED' the 'Moslem' Iranians to 'rescue' the 'off-course' sailors and release them in a timely manor....

Here are the 'off-course' sailor now being 'rescued' by the always-ready-and-willing-to-help Moslem Iranians (who practiced bombing US aircraft carriers and killing US naval personnel DURING negotiations with Obama...)

I swear you can NOT make this shite up!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

24 hours

It was a win win.
It was a minor incident and we were in the wrong

Only republicans want to make an international incident out of it

The U.S. sailors have admitted trespassing in Iranian waters. They've apologized for it. And we should be grateful Iran didn't kill them. If Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters, they'd absolutely be dead right now. So Iran has shown some patience and class on this. We should acknowledge that.

So which Liberal claim is it? Was it a couple of 'off-course' sailors being 'rescued', or did we get caught in their territory?! :p

BTW, Iran has declared that THEIR boundary extends past the Internationally-recognized 12nm limit. If these guys were outside of the 12nm limit when they were picked up this is a violation of International Law. It would NOT be the 1st time we have 'bumped heads' over this issue.

In another post it seems the Obama / Liberal propaganda machine is working OVERTIME as it is now being declared that the administration 'ENABLED' the 'Moslem' Iranians to 'rescue' the 'off-course' sailors and release them in a timely manor....

Here are the 'off-course' sailor now being 'rescued' by the always-ready-and-willing-to-help Moslem Iranians (who practiced bombing US aircraft carriers and killing US naval personnel DURING negotiations with Obama...)

I swear you can NOT make this shite up!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"off-course?" Would you say that if Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters? Somehow i doubt it. In fact, the U.S. would have likely blown them to bits. So Iran has expressed patience and restraint on this. They didn't kill the sailors. They are owed an apology. That's how it works.

BTW, Iran has declared that THEIR boundary extends past the Internationally-recognized 12nm limit. If these guys were outside of the 12nm limit when they were picked up this is a violation of International Law. It would NOT be the 1st time we have 'bumped heads' over this issue.

The sailors have apologized. They've admitted trespassing into Iranian waters. Case closed. Time to move on.

I haven't seen evidence to show we were inside of their 12nm boundary. As I said, Iran claims a boundary outside of the 12nm. Link to the specifics?

(Being held hostage at gunpoint by Iranians, to be released wouldn't YOU 'admit' to being in their waters and apologize? No? You go, 'John Wayne'! :p)

One of our boats equipped with soldiers and guns was in their waters. In a time with such turbulence and turmoil over there how could they not detain the soldiers and vet the situation... Thats what anybody would do. I do not understand the hostility that many have shown towards the situation. We either messed up or through a mechanical accident ended up on their land, there is not harm in saying "Sorry, our bad" "Thanks for understanding and not overracting" Whats the issue here??

24 hours

It was a win win.
It was a minor incident and we were in the wrong

Only republicans want to make an international incident out of it

I'm just glad they are all ten are all right.

Our sailors wandered into Iranian territorial waters. They were captured. Iran could have thrown them in a prison as spies and thrown away the key. Or worse.

They didn't.

So, yeah. They deserve a thanks, as distasteful as it is.

One of our boats equipped with soldiers and guns was in their waters. In a time with such turbulence and turmoil over there how could they not detain the soldiers and vet the situation... Thats what anybody would do. I do not understand the hostility that many have shown towards the situation. We either messed up or through a mechanical accident ended up on their land, there is not harm in saying "Sorry, our bad" "Thanks for understanding and not overracting" Whats the issue here??
Link to the specifics?

Our sailors wandered into Iranian territorial waters. They were captured. Iran could have thrown them in a prison and thrown away the key.

They didn't.

So, yeah. They deserve a thanks, as distasteful as it is.
Link to the specifics to support the claim? All I have seen so far is Liberals making these claims with nothing to support it. Once I see something saying we were inside of 12nm I will believe it.

Forum List

Back