PU$S: 'John Kerry Expresses ‘Gratitude’ to Iran After U.S. Sailors Are Released...'

Our sailors wandered into Iranian territorial waters. They were captured. Iran could have thrown them in a prison and thrown away the key.

They didn't.

So, yeah. They deserve a thanks, as distasteful as it is.
Link to the specifics to support the claim?
Are you sure you have a degree in journalism?

How do you start a topic about this situation and not know these facts?

Sounds to me like your propaganda outlet is committing some lies of omission. You should stop drinking their piss.

Revolutionary Guards release 10 US sailors who entered Iranian waters

I just don't get many Americans today. I mean if Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters, they would have immediately been killed. Iran showed patience and restraint. That should be acknowledged. Our sailors are still alive. We should thank Iran. That's not unreasonable in any way.

The article does not say the ships were inside the 12nm limit.
The article claims we were in their waters due to a 'technical difficulty'. If the reason was because we were 'off-course' then the Iranians deserve an explanation, not an apology.

(and once again, thanks for forcing us to witness your continued obsession with drinking urine. Dude, get help!)

Our sailors wandered into Iranian territorial waters. They were captured. Iran could have thrown them in a prison and thrown away the key.

They didn't.

So, yeah. They deserve a thanks, as distasteful as it is.
Link to the specifics to support the claim? All I have seen so far is Liberals making these claims with nothing to support it. Once I see something saying we were inside of 12nm I will believe it.
One of our boats equipped with soldiers and guns was in their waters. In a time with such turbulence and turmoil over there how could they not detain the soldiers and vet the situation... Thats what anybody would do. I do not understand the hostility that many have shown towards the situation. We either messed up or through a mechanical accident ended up on their land, there is not harm in saying "Sorry, our bad" "Thanks for understanding and not overracting" Whats the issue here??
Link to the specifics?

I could ask the same of you... What proof do you have that they were not in Iranian waters? Every report that we've received says that they were in Iranian waters, including a video of one of our soldiers admitting the mistake. Of course that video could have been forced, we will see now that the soldiers have been released. I just don't get the hot headed reaction that automatically demonizes the Iranians, our $hit does stink too and we are capable of making mistakes... Where did objectivity go?

should have nuked those guys for releasing our sailors safe and sound.

es
The RW are such AWESOME Foreign Policy wonks. :lmao:
Obama's team remained at the negotiating table with Iran while
- They mocked the US and Obama
- They talked about nuking Israel and the US
- Their leader led chants of 'death to America'
- Their military executed attacks against a mock US aircraft carrier
- They violated the terms of the deal - before it was done

AFTER / Since the deal has been done they have violated the terms TWICE without Obama doing anything ('Red Line II') and put photos of our sailors on their knees at gun point (which DOES make us look weak)

Oh yeah, Obama and Liberals are just 'experts' at negotiating and foreign policy!

:lmao:

I just don't get many Americans today. I mean if Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters, they would have immediately been killed. Iran showed patience and restraint. That should be acknowledged. Our sailors are still alive. We should thank Iran. That's not unreasonable in any way.

They would not have been killed. They would have been welcomed as 'immigrants' to our country. Maybe we should have told Iran to fuck themselves and demanded our people back.

US Navy Sailors Held by Iran Are Released With Their Boats | Military.com

The sailors were within territorial waters. The reason was explained to the Iranians. The Iranians let them go. America thanked them.

Leave it to hacks to find an anti-America reason to whine about it.
Give me the quote where it says the US was within 12nm? As pointed out, Iran considers their territorial waters to be MORE than 12nm, which is the Internationally recognized boundary. (It does NOT state (12nm) that in the article. Fail...but keep those opinions coming.

Got them out in less than
24 hours

What is not to be grateful for? Ever heard of diplomatic tact?

We shouldn't have to ask for our own people back and we shouldn't have to be grateful for it either.
When our people violate sovereign territory, we damn well do have to ask for them back.

I can't explain the turn around in attitudes from the left other than they secretly support our enemies. I can't explain why it is wrong for our people to illegally enter another country yet when people illegally enter ours we are suppose to welcome them as new immigrants to our country. Maybe we should demand an apology from Mexico!

Even the Navy admits their people were in Iran territory:

Ten U.S. Navy Sailors safely returned to U.S. custody today, after departing Iran. There are no indications that the Sailors were harmed during their brief detention.
The Sailors departed Farsi Island at 8:43 a.m. (GMT), aboard the two Riverine Command Boats (RCB) that they had been operating when they lost contact with the U.S. Navy. The Sailors were later transferred ashore by U.S. Navy aircraft, while other Sailors took charge of the RCBs and continued transiting toward Bahrain, the boats' original destination.

The Navy will investigate the circumstances that led to the Sailors' presence in Iran.

Sailors Depart Iran Safely

should have nuked those guys for releasing our sailors safe and sound.

es
The RW are such AWESOME Foreign Policy wonks. :lmao:
Obama's team remained at the negotiating table with Iran while
- They mocked the US and Obama
- They talked about nuking Israel and the US
- Their leader led chants of 'death to America'
- Their military executed attacks against a mock US aircraft carrier
- They violated the terms of the deal - before it was done

AFTER / Since the deal has been done they have violated the terms TWICE without Obama doing anything ('Red Line II') and put photos of our sailors on their knees at gun point (which DOES make us look weak)

Oh yeah, Obama and Liberals are just 'experts' at negotiating and foreign policy!

:lmao:
What is your proposed solution? Give them the finger and leave the table? Go to war? Had we done either of those, do you think our 10 soldiers would be on their way home right now?

I actually think that these men were within the legal international boundaries because if they were spying then our government would have not even acknowledged their existence.

LINK: John Kerry Expresses ‘Gratitude’ to Iran After U.S. Sailors Are Released — Then Iranian State TV Publishes These Images

'...Then Iranian State TV Publishes These Images'

Secretary of State John Kerry publicly thanked the Iranian government for the release of 10 U.S. Navy sailors, but shortly after the statement, the Iranian government released images of the capture as if to boast.

“I want to express my gratitude to Iranian authorities for their cooperation ‎in swiftly resolving this matter,” Kerry
said in a statement Wednesday.

Iran’s capture of 10 Navy sailors Tuesday came as a significant embarrassment for the U.S. as President Barack Obama delivered the State of the Union address that night and touted his Iranian nuclear deal.

“I’m very pleased that our Sailors have been safely returned to U.S. hands,” Kerry said in a statement. “As a former Sailor myself, I know the importance of naval presence around the world and the critical work being done by our Navy in the Gulf region. I’m proud of our young men and women in uniform and know how seriously they take their responsibilities to one another and to other mariners in distress.”

'Thank you, sir. MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?! :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure....He should have taken his cue from Donald Trump, "Give these sailors back to us NOW or I'll blow the shit out of Iran...C'mon....I have my finger hovering over the button now, motherfuckers....This will teach you to fuck with the U.S. Come on, ragheads, just try it!"
Yeah, that works.

They would not have been killed. They would have been welcomed as 'immigrants' to our country. Maybe we should have told Iran to fuck themselves and demanded our people back.

No, we shouldn't have trespassed into its waters. And i seriously doubt your scenario. The U.S. military would have likely blasted them to bits.

I actually think that these men were within the legal international boundaries because if they were spying then our government would have not even acknowledged their existence.

Would you say that if Iranian sailors had trespassed into U.S. waters? Somehow i doubt it. Pretty sure you would have cheered for their deaths. Iran showed amazing restraint. That should be acknowledged.

Forum List

Back