Zone1 Protestants who have been to Catholic churches - Catholics who have been to Protestant churches

I am .....

• a Protestant who has been to Catholic churches

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • a Catholic who has been to Protestant churches

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • neither

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Good to hear!

for me the other way round also!

:)
If they let me, I can worship God with any believer. I don't think God cares at all about our doctrines and dogmas and theology unless they are of course sinful/harmful/evil. I can't imagine a God who created the Universe caring all that much about the small stuff. Jesus by example did not teach us to worship according to rules and regulation but by spirit and with our hearts. We are to love Him and serve Him with our hearts, souls, and minds and demonstrate that by loving our neighbor as ourselves.

At the same time I cannot believe God condemns those who need to believe in the rules and regulations or doctrine or dogma or whatever beliefs so long as they do not use those as clubs to judge others in harmful ways or try to destroy the faith/beliefs of another believer who loves and serves God as much as they do.

I think, I hope he frowns on those who presume to be more righteous and worthy and correct than another believer. He certainly took those to task for that kind of behavior in the Bible passages that we have.

And I'm pretty sure when we get to Heaven we'll all have a good laugh at how wrong we got so much of the things we think we know.

I can't imagine a God who created the Universe caring all that much about the small stuff
What's small to you may not be small to your Creator. Follow Jesus, not a man or organization

You shall NOT worship ME as the nations around you worship THEIR gods

So you CAN worship the true God as the pagan nations worship their gods. Or God says that is a SIN

Last edited:
What's small to you may not be small to your Creator. Follow Jesus, not a man or organization

You shall NOT worship ME as the nations around you worship THEIR gods

So you CAN worship the true God as the pagan nations worship their gods. Or God says that is a SIN
I am unaware of any pagans. Are they a problem where you are?

What in my post suggested I worship anything other than the Creator God? I noted that you disapproved of me worshipping with Catholics. Or perhaps it was the Protestants that you object to. I choose to believe we worship the same God. I just can't see that the God of love that I love and, even though I fail, I try to obey faults other believers just because they do that differently than I do.

I am unaware of any pagans. Are they a problem where you are?

What in my post suggested I worship anything other than the Creator God? I noted that you disapproved of me worshipping with Catholics. Or perhaps it was the Protestants that you object to. I choose to believe we worship the same God. I just can't see that the God of love that I love and, even though I fail, I try to obey faults other believers just because they do that differently than I do.
catholics think they worship God; but its a false God.

catholics think they worship God; but its a false God.
I can assure you the Catholics I know--there are a LOT of them among our friends, family, associates, neighbors--do not worship a false God. You may not agree with or appreciate some of their doctrine, dogma, customs, means of worship, but it is wrong, even evil, to presume oneself more spiritual or righteous than a Catholic is. Their God is my God, i.e. THE Lord God of Creation, of the Bible, of the resurrection, of the Holy Spirit at work in the world. Likewise it is wrong for a Catholic to believe he/she is more spiritual or righteous than somebody else.

But anybody can be wrong in their doctrine and dogmas but still have a real and necessary relationship with the living God. It is a near certainty, given the laws of probability, that every single one of us believes at least something in religion that isn't so.

I can assure you the Catholics I know--there are a LOT of them among our friends, family, associates, neighbors--do not worship a false God. You may not agree with or appreciate some of their doctrine, dogma, customs, means of worship, but it is wrong, even evil, to presume oneself more spiritual or righteous than a Catholic is. Their God is my God, i.e. THE Lord God of Creation, of the Bible, of the resurrection, of the Holy Spirit at work in the world. Likewise it is wrong for a Catholic to believe he/she is more spiritual or righteous than somebody else.

But anybody can be wrong in their doctrine and dogmas but still have a real and necessary relationship with the living God. It is a near certainty, given the laws of probability, that every single one of us believes at least something in religion that isn't so.
incorrect. they do not believe jesus sacrifice was enough- a slap in the face to god.

incorrect. they do not believe jesus sacrifice was enough- a slap in the face to god.
You could say the same for those who insist that musical instruments are forbidden in the church or only certain musical instruments are worthy enough to be used in the church, that baptism must be performed a certain way, that a specific decorum must be followed re taking communion or that taking communion is necessary in order to be a good Christian, etc. etc. etc.

The religious: pagans, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians et al, all develop rules, traditions, customs, laws, catechisms of a sort, liturgy, and decorum to properly do church or synagogue or whatever. For the most part all of this is harmless and generally becomes important to those attending church that everyone knows the rules, the liturgy, how to do church. Some Protestant denominations believe they are the only one true church too. Those of Calvinist leanings think only those God predestined for Heaven get to go no matter how a person conducts his or her life or what he/she believes.

I leave it up to God to sort all that out and believe he loves those who are faithful and who love and seek to serve Him even if they believe some things that are very strange to others of us. I am quite confident there will be flat Earthers in Heaven along with those who think that concept is utterly bonkers.

My job as a Christian is to live an example of a Christian life and witness when given opportunity to do so. It is not given to me to judge another person's relationship with the living God. I do shudder and worry about how many may never seek that relationship because of the judgmentalism and other unpleasant ways that Jesus was presented to them.

You could say the same for those who insist that musical instruments are forbidden in the church or only certain musical instruments are worthy enough to be used in the church, that baptism must be performed a certain way, that a specific decorum must be followed re taking communion or that taking communion is necessary in order to be a good Christian, etc. etc. etc.

The religious: pagans, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians et al, all develop rules, traditions, customs, laws, catechisms of a sort, liturgy, and decorum to properly do church or synagogue or whatever. For the most part all of this is harmless and generally becomes important to those attending church that everyone knows the rules, the liturgy, how to do church. Some Protestant denominations believe they are the only one true church too. Those of Calvinist leanings think only those God predestined for Heaven get to go no matter how a person conducts his or her life or what he/she believes.

I leave it up to God to sort all that out and believe he loves those who are faithful and who love and seek to serve Him even if they believe some things that are very strange to others of us. I am quite confident there will be flat Earthers in Heaven along with those who think that concept is utterly bonkers.

My job as a Christian is to live an example of a Christian life and witness when given opportunity to do so. It is not given to me to judge another person's relationship with the living God. I do shudder and worry about how many may never seek that relationship because of the judgmentalism and other unpleasant ways that Jesus was presented to them.
"IN VAIN do they worship ME, teaching as doctrine the TRADITIONS OF MEN"

You revel in being accepted by all rather than stand apart by not taking part in the sins of others who worship the Lord God as the pagans worship their gods -- something He clearly said, "don't do!"

God calls HIS People to STAND APART from those who worship Him in vain and not join them I'm their pagan practices. Almost everything about THAT church is rooted in pagan tradition

Last edited:

You revel in being accepted by all rather than stand apart by not taking part in the sins of others who worship the Lord God as the pagans worship their gods -- something He clearly said, "don't do!"

God calls HIS People to STAND APART from those who worship Him in vain and not join them I'm their pagan practices. Almost everything about THAT church is rooted in pagan tradition
pagans are also fine human beings!

good posting!

@ Protestants who have been to Catholic churches - Catholics who have been to Protestant churches

How did you feel there?
I am a protestant, but might one day convert to Catholic. I been to a lot of Catholic Masses because a lot of family are Catholic.

I am in my 3rd marriage and current wife does not approve of Catholic church. If ever I got remarried again and had a 4th wife that approved of the Catholic church I might convert to being Catholic. I was baptised as a kid as Catholic, but was a Protestant as a kid and adult, I might convert to Catholic later in life if life circumstances allow it.

Nothing in my post disputes that either. But Jesus made it pretty clear that judgment of another's heart and mind is God's prerogative and not ours. And we should look to our own thoughts and behavior before we presume to judge others.

Forum List

Back