Zone1 Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT

what?

Oh never mind. I don't have time for malcontents who claim there is no God (but then proceed to play God. I guess they don't like the competition LOL)
Is it your lack of English comprehension that's at fault or is it complete illiteracy that makes you write such absurd comments? :death:

The most important point of all this is that God instructed King David how to build this House of God and he did and God told the people that this place was where He would hear their prayers.
Was that before or after the snake got drunk on the water that was turned into wine and got the virgin pregnant?

Oh, I thought I got a message from Ignored Member.

I didn't know there was someone here w/ that handle

LOL

Of course you don't. You've been told probably since you were in the cradle that Catholics are evil, the RCC will be the seat of the anti-Christ (these days even Catholics wonder about that one, however) and other LIES.

Only informed Catholics like myself understand Catholicism, but you avoid them like the plague, I am sure. Then you have the gall to put yourself out as some expert on Catholicism.

ha ha.. that's comical. But sadly, it is also

tragic.

Everyone should know Jesus like devout Catholics do. It is very sad that they do not. They don't know what they're missing.

You hold no special place in the Kingdom of God. While I have no interest in Catholicism I harbor them no ill will at all. Feel free to point out where I have pretended to be an expert on it. You can't. I would however suggest that you check your hubris at the door, God isn't much for that sort of thing.

You hold no special place in the Kingdom of God. While I have no interest in Catholicism I harbor them no ill will at all.
Your first sentence blatantly contradicts your 2nd. I think saying that a person "hold(s) no special place in the Kingdom of God" would tend to imply malice.

Most protestants harbor great ill will toward Catholics. They try to act like they dislike Catholicism but love Catholics. Baloney.

Jesus said we would be hated and so we are.

Your first sentence blatantly contradicts your 2nd. I think saying that a person "hold(s) no special place in the Kingdom of God" would tend to imply malice.

Most protestants harbor great ill will toward Catholics. They try to act like they dislike Catholicism but love Catholics. Baloney.

Jesus said we would be hated and so we are.

You don't get to interpret my meanings son. I don't begrudge your faith, you simply are responsible for you. You seem to need an enemy, kind of odd for a "christian". nomadic5 why the new screen name?

It's same old same old: people attacking you for being Catholic and (apparently) not even reading what you write.

It's amazing how closed minded Protestants are to Catholicism. But maybe it really isn't that amazing when you consider all the liars, I mean pastors out there who teach them to hate Catholicism and even Catholics. I mean, how can you love a person who believes in such things as.. I don't know, clergy and the papacy, etc. . has to be a nut job so it's OK to attack and ridicule and toss malice at that person, a sub-human nut job.

That is so Christian!

Who knew people outside the True Church could be so charitable!!

:rolleyes:

It's same old same old: people attacking you for being Catholic and (apparently) not even reading what you write.

It's amazing how closed minded Protestants are to Catholicism. But maybe it really isn't that amazing when you consider all the liars, I mean pastors out there who teach them to hate Catholicism and even Catholics. I mean, how can you love a person who believes in such things as.. I don't know, clergy and the papacy, etc. . has to be a nut job so it's OK to attack and ridicule and toss malice at that person, a sub-human nut job.

That is so Christian!

Who knew people outside the True Church could be so charitable!!

:rolleyes:

nomadic5 against the World. Your opinion of yourself is much too high, we don't even think about you. Perhaps if you stopped trying to convince the World of how great you someone would give you the time of day.

Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.

The Old Testament is great. The more I read it the more obvious it is that Jesus is the promised Messiah. See the Angel of the Lord in Genesis, Exodus, and Judges.

The Ark is where the presence of God resided at times. The priests were only allowed near it once a year and had to be atoned for their sins or they would die, as sin cannot be in the presence of God. The temple was to house the Ark.

I think the most important lesson from the OT is Adam and Eve. That when you disobey God and decide for yourself what is right and wrong, everything falls apart real quick. This same theme is all throughout the Old Testament with Israel constantly breaking away from God and suffering the consequences.

You mean like the 14 books of the old testament that the catholic church removed in 1684?
A silly statement considering there was never an official Hebrew Bible to begin with.
Most of the apostles at the time of Christ used the Septuagint, the Greek version of Hebrew texts.

The Bible is not a book, it’s a collection of books pertaining to the God of Abraham.

nomadic5 against the World. Your opinion of yourself is much too high, we don't even think about you. Perhaps if you stopped trying to convince the World of how great you someone would give you the time of day.
He is not giving opinions of himself, he is giving his opinions on the Catholic and Protestant churches.

I have to agree with most of what he says. I grew up Protestant and there is much resentment towards Catholics. But Protestant churches have really lost their way in the last 40 years or so. Such as embracing “gay marriage” and of course how many of them are Zionists who believe that “Israel” of today is the same as in the OT.

How ironic considering that the Catholic Church has "thrown out" much of what was taught by Jesus and his apostles.

"Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT"

The Old Testament is great. The more I read it the more obvious it is that Jesus is the promised Messiah. See the Angel of the Lord in Genesis, Exodus, and Judges.

The Ark is where the presence of God resided at times. The priests were only allowed near it once a year and had to be atoned for their sins or they would die, as sin cannot be in the presence of God. The temple was to house the Ark.

I think the most important lesson from the OT is Adam and Eve. That when you disobey God and decide for yourself what is right and wrong, everything falls apart real quick. This same theme is all throughout the Old Testament with Israel constantly breaking away from God and suffering the consequences.

Amazing post. Thanks!

Another reason the Old Testament is great: It relates the story of God in our midst, God's work with humanity throughout all the ages. We can see ourselves, what we have done right, but also what we continue to get wrong generation after generation.

One great example of what we are still getting wrong today, is what God was teaching people as far back as Exodus, and that is justice for the poor. He said justice should not be denied because of poverty. And directly following that He said nor should justice be withheld from the poor because of their poverty. When the poor steal, the justice/punishment must be the same as when the well-off steal, not reduced because a compassionate heart "feels sorry" for their plight.

ANd most Protestants do not know or like the Old T. They think all they should do is focus on the New, but then they miss things we were not supposed to miss. The Old helps us to understand the New.

The Catholic Church held onto the Old T. If it was half as worthless as some protestants think, it would have been tossed (like most of them seem to want to do).

When i was o/side the CC and going to protestant "churches" sometimes, here and there, I never once heard a sermon on anything having to do w/ the Old T, certainly NEVER anything having to do with the Ark of the Covenant. No wonder Protestants and even some Catholics do not know the history of--or believe in-- the Real Presence. I've heard that something like 30% or more Catholics do not believe in the REal PResence. And with "popes" like Francis, who never seems to remind anyone, well, it's no wonder Catholics are leaving the Church--no wonder at all.

How ironic considering that the Catholic Church has "thrown out" much of what was taught by Jesus and his apostles.

"Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT"

This is a total LIE

The CC didn't throw out anything Jesus taught. You are just blind to such.

Catholic Churches have Mass EVERY day, not just on Sunday or Wed

And if you attend every day for 3 years, you will hear the entire Bible, both Old and New. Show me a protestant "church" that does the same.

IRONY!

Forum List

Back