Zone1 have you been baptized?

i have been baptized

• Total voters
I was baptized as an infant in the Catholic Church. I quit that organization years ago. I would like to be baptized again.

I was baptized as an infant in the Catholic Church. I quit that organization years ago. I would like to be baptized again.
You don't need to be baptized again.
You could always go to confession and it will do the nearly same thing as being baptized.
Frankly, right now you have more options than I do....because I've never been a member of the Catholic church or been thru confirmation.
I was baptized by the LDS Church....but it applies to every Protestant church.
Baptism is between you and God and only needs to be done once.
It signifies you're belief in Jesus as our Christ and savior.
If you think you lost faith and want to wash all of that away and start over...then you can get just about any church to baptize you again....but they will want you to become a member.

You could always go to confession and it will do the nearly same thing as being baptized.
Frankly, right now you have more options than I do....because I've never been a member of the Catholic church or been thru confirmation.
If you think you lost faith and want to wash all of that away and start over...then you can get just about any church to baptize you again....but they will want you to become a member.

Thanks. I don't believe that baptism affects salvation buy I would nevertheless like to do so. My problem is I haven't found someone that I am comfortable with to baptize me. I don't belong to any church or denomination.

you are right!

Thanks. I don't believe that baptism affects salvation buy I would nevertheless like to do so. My problem is I haven't found someone that I am comfortable with to baptize me. I don't belong to any church or denomination.
Circumcision. Baptism. Both are the signs of the invisible reality that you have entered/brought into the Community of God. Once circumcised, would you be circumcised again (even if you could be)? We either believe we are already members of the community of God...or we don't believe this.

As you must know, every year at Easter Catholics do renew baptismal promises. Perhaps it is a renewal you seek?

Baptized in Lake Price at 12 years I was considered at an age of reason to make that decision.
Baptized into the Baptist congregation in a Baptismal Pool located in the church building.
Baptized By the Holy Spirit in a storage room as a teen.
A rededication baptism in a swimming pool as an adult along with some teenagers

Circumcision. Baptism. Both are the signs of the invisible reality that you have entered/brought into the Community of God. Once circumcised, would you be circumcised again (even if you could be)? We either believe we are already members of the community of God...or we don't believe this.

As you must know, every year at Easter Catholics do renew baptismal promises. Perhaps it is a renewal you seek?

Yeah mutilating little boys so they can be accepted by a god.

And you don't find that just a bit sick?

Yeah mutilating little boys so they can be accepted by a god.

And you don't find that just a bit sick?
One of the many things I find interesting about Jewish beliefs and practices is that later the medical profession saw the medical benefits. Careful washing of hands, not eating pork and some seafood, circumcision to name a few.

You see God mutilating men and being fussy about washing one's hands. An entire population saw God's care of them and passed this along to their children.

One of the many things I find interesting about Jewish beliefs and practices is that later the medical profession saw the medical benefits. Careful washing of hands, not eating pork and some seafood, circumcision to name a few.

You see God mutilating men and being fussy about washing one's hands. An entire population saw God's care of them and passed this along to their children.

So circumcision is done for medical reasons and is not a religious rite?

Funny how people who believe they are made in the very image of the god they worship want to start slicing body parts off so as to be more acceptable to that very god.

There is no valid medical reason for circumcision. We know this because we no longer live in the Iron Age.
Just like we know that incorrectly preserving pork causes trichinosis and has nothing to do with the animal being "unclean"

I was circumcised at birth by the doctor. Some have told me it has health benefits making that area easy to keep clean. I am not sure of the truth of it.

A snip o the tip is not mutilation. It hasn't impacted me one bit in any negative way.

How would you know?

Maybe sex would have been far more enjoyable if you still had all those nerve endings that got lopped off for no good reason.

FYI removing some of the most sensitive skin on a baby without anesthesia for no good reason is mutilation and the needless infliction of pain.

Forum List

Back