Problems with Federal Death for Roof

If you're elderly and white, you are entitled to a jury of old white grandmother's.
Period.
The USA isn't nazi Germany although the Republicans are trying to turn the USA into that.
But it isn't there yet.
You're lacking education.

The only thing that's bullshit is you and the GOP..
And you're going to find out this November.

200.gif

Fellow citizens of the jurisdiction of the court you are being tried at.

So if you are being tried by say Orange county, your jury has to come from Orange County.
They have to share your culture, your general age group, your socioeconomic status.
That's peerage.

Problems with the trial of Dylann Roof.

#1. Dylann Roof should never have been allowed to represent himself, on the basis of the successful attempt to avoid his mental health history and diagnosis from being testified to in court, as well as on the basis of his age, even though he was legally an adult, he was by no means mature enough to provide himself with competent representation, and the fact that he simply wanted to shock the court with his ideology.

#2. Dylann Roof committed his crime in 2015, and as such, without a new method of execution that doesn't rely on medicine or any other humanity, sentencing Roof to death is little more than symbolic.

#3. Dylann Roof's case is complicated by the fact that he is under two different, conflicting opposite capital sentences from two different judicial authorities.

#4. The federal death penalty has the same problems as the more commonly carried out state death penalties and often, because of the nature of those on federal death row, the feds even have less effect on criminality.

On Federal death, you're looking at Tim mcveigh who was motivated by far right wing radical and violent ideology and sympathies for the Arab terrorists, and for randy weaver and the branch davidians.

The Rosenbergs who sought to assist the soviet union with American nuclear secrets.

Tsarnaev who is of radical Islam and who sees reward in death after his bad deeds.

:p
Enough with the navel gazing

He did the crime and deserves to die for it

You are stubborn and ignorant.
And in fact not only are peers not just " fellow citizens"..
But changes of venue are also permitted to ensure fair trials..

For instance if I did a crime in Philadelphia, I can certainly ask for a change of venue, because I grew up with parents from New York and New Jersey..
And went to school and spent 8 hours a day in Montgomery County..

And I spent the rest of the time not with my peers but with my dads peers.

And my behavior, reasoning and thoughts and culture is not of Philadelphia.

:)

And in fact not only are peers not just " fellow citizens"..
But changes of venue are also permitted to ensure fair trials..

For instance if I did a crime in Philadelphia, I can certainly ask for a change of venue, because I grew up with parents from New York and New Jersey..
And went to school and spent 8 hours a day in Montgomery county.County..
And my behavior, reasoning and thoughts and culture is not of Philadelphia.

You would have to make a case for a change of venue. Why don't you read the law instead of playing games?

You would have to make a case for a change of venue. Why don't you read the law instead of playing games?

Because what you in your nazism call "games" is the law.

LOL I suggest YOU actually read what the Judge said and no he did not say the Jury had to be all the color of the defendant or even not be all white.
Racial bias was the reasoning..
Part of that racial bias is the jury.

Forum List

Back