Prices at The Restaurants

Radicalredneckk

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2020
As for the increase in prices at Restaurants let me say that Credit card companies’ fees are already being paid by customers because they are part of a merchant’s overhead expenses.
I also know that the restaurant industry has been devastated by our governments imposed regulations, and SHUT-DOWNS , and I for one have been VERY Sympathetic about that from day one.
However, over the last few weeks I have notices after getting my bill from some restaurants a Credit Card Fee for using my card.
Now I dine out several times weekly with my wife and have notices a Fee added on the bill for using a credit card, ranging from 2 percent to 4 percent. Being told about it in advance, or having it listed on the Menu is not the Issue, not at all.
As we all know very well the cost of eating out has skyrocketed with food and also the drink prices! And mostly all of the restaurants have raised their prices. I know that, and I’m not complaining about that. But now adding a Credit Card Fee on top is what I think TO MUCH.
I believe that without a doubt it will reduce the number of times people go out to a restaurant. That is a Given.
And as a customer who frequently dines in restaurants, I know will impact my going out for dinner as often as I have been..
First of all, I feel that if the restaurant is raising their prices then they should not be charging this ridiculous fee for the use of someone using their Card As a practical matter, since more than 80, and maybe 90 percent of bills at full-service restaurants are paid by credit cards, such fees should be built into the prices, as they most probably were already. .
I think the prices they are charging now is getting to be too much already, then you include the tip, the gas to get there, the Valet for parking, and now a credit card fee?. They are going to be pricing themselves out of existence.
All prices already went up. I’m VERY Sorry for all those that suffered last year. But my fixed income didn’t go up, and I’,m sure that most of their other customers haven't either

Yeah.........my favorite breakfast burrito at Jack In The Box went from 2.99 to 4.89 since Brainless Buttplug Biden was installed into the White House.

My local Pizza Hut has gone from $10.00 for a 3 topping medium pizza to $16.99. The large pizzas are over $20.00 now!!!!!!

And the sizes have gotten smaller, as the prices skyrocketed!!!

Yeah.........my favorite breakfast burrito at Jack In The Box went from 2.99 to 4.89 since Brainless Buttplug Biden was installed into the White House.

My local Pizza Hut has gone from $10.00 for a 3 topping medium pizza to $16.99. The large pizzas are over $20.00 now!!!!!!

And the sizes have gotten smaller, as the prices skyrocketed!!!

Not to change the subject....but damn you have shitty taste in food.

As for the increase in prices at Restaurants let me say that Credit card companies’ fees are already being paid by customers because they are part of a merchant’s overhead expenses.
I also know that the restaurant industry has been devastated by our governments imposed regulations, and SHUT-DOWNS , and I for one have been VERY Sympathetic about that from day one.
However, over the last few weeks I have notices after getting my bill from some restaurants a Credit Card Fee for using my card.
Now I dine out several times weekly with my wife and have notices a Fee added on the bill for using a credit card, ranging from 2 percent to 4 percent. Being told about it in advance, or having it listed on the Menu is not the Issue, not at all.
As we all know very well the cost of eating out has skyrocketed with food and also the drink prices! And mostly all of the restaurants have raised their prices. I know that, and I’m not complaining about that. But now adding a Credit Card Fee on top is what I think TO MUCH.
I believe that without a doubt it will reduce the number of times people go out to a restaurant. That is a Given.
And as a customer who frequently dines in restaurants, I know will impact my going out for dinner as often as I have been..
First of all, I feel that if the restaurant is raising their prices then they should not be charging this ridiculous fee for the use of someone using their Card As a practical matter, since more than 80, and maybe 90 percent of bills at full-service restaurants are paid by credit cards, such fees should be built into the prices, as they most probably were already. .
I think the prices they are charging now is getting to be too much already, then you include the tip, the gas to get there, the Valet for parking, and now a credit card fee?. They are going to be pricing themselves out of existence.
All prices already went up. I’m VERY Sorry for all those that suffered last year. But my fixed income didn’t go up, and I’,m sure that most of their other customers haven't either

I have noticed more and more local businesses that either offer a discount if you pay with cash/check or a fee added if you pay with a card. Both are the same thing, each business just words it differently.

I think this is a great way for them to go so we can make our own decisions. It is not a big deal when eating out, but for expenses like a moving company or having plantation shutters custom made for our new house the difference was signification and we wrote a check for both vice using the care.

Good news for you is if the Govt gets it way CC companies will not be allowed to charge compaiens a fee any longer.

Not to change the subject....but damn you have shitty taste in food.

We're talking restaurant prices, not food quality.
DUH!!

The JITB I go to is a franchise and owned by this mexican guy that knows how to cook.
He makes some fucking awesome food, and also makes homemade salsa to go with it.

I rarely eat out anymore though, since the prices have gone thru the roof...........and that includes sit down/wait staff restaurants.

Actually, most of the really awesome places never opened back up after COVID closedowns. So theres that as well. Which is a shame.

i know…you hitch it to the demafasict cult…hence why you will never complain about how their policies are harming the country…you put your cult before country
I've had it a lot worse so no I don't complain when you people whine incessantly like beggars on the streets.

I've had it a lot worse so no I don't complain when you people whine incessantly like beggars on the streets.
true there were other dark chapters in our history…the Carter years, the Great Depression….so it’s good to stay focused and realize this demafasict war on the working class will end and will beat back the tyrants.

we just have to make sure not to put your cult in power again

true there were other dark chapters in our history…the Carter years, the Great Depression….so it’s good to stay focused and realize this demafasict war on the working class will end and will beat back the tyrants.

we just have to make sure not to put your cult in power again
I am sure you wish you could believe that but your myopic partisanship blinds you.

Forum List

Back