President Trump Participates in a Roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
President Trump Participates in a Roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice
The President participates in a roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice.

ME: While the Democrats drown in their own hate Trump keeps winning for forgotten Americans

".......But now is the time to fight for the forgotten child, and that’s what we’re doing with respect to education. For decades, countless children have been trapped in failing government schools. In my administration, these children are forgotten no longer. Just like I said I was going to do it for different groups of people, and we did it.

We have the strongest economy probably in the history of our country. The numbers came out, as you saw on Friday, with a number of jobs that nobody believed possible: 200- — well over 200,000. They were thinking about 50. Some people thought it would be 50,000, 60,000. You saw how badly Canada did. We had 266,000. Canada had an unbelievable period and is going through something. And yet, we are right there. And the whole world is not doing well. And we’re doing phenomenally well. We’re doing better than — we’re the hottest economy in the world. We’re doing great.

And frankly, it’s hard to believe we could even do better. But if the world were doing better, we’d do better. That’s the way it’s set up.

We’ve made tremendous progress in the last three years — far greater than anyone thought possible. So we have the hottest economy in the world, by far. Nobody close. If you look at Europe, if you look at Asia — China is having a very hard time. We’re doing well with China in our trade deal. But they’re having a tremendously difficult time. The worst time they’ve had in at least 57 — it was 57 two weeks ago; now it’s much more than that — number of years. Fifty-seven years. And yet, we do record-breaking numbers. So that’s great.

We broke the stock market record — I believe it’s 132 times, during the course of less than three years as President. So that’s something.

And, by the way, you were great on television this weekend. I admired that very — you did a fantastic job. Everyone is talking about it in a very positive way, too. So, congratulations, Ted. He’s a hater. He’s definitely a hater. That came out loud and clear. Congratulations.

Lawmakers in 44 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico have empowered some parents to choose a better future for their children, for their child. But school choice waitlists are growing, and, sadly, not everyone wants to give these students the education and freedom that they deserve. They’re locked into a school system that’s terrible, and we’re working on that very hard. Betsy is working on it, full-time. About 30 hours a day, I guess, Betsy. Right? That’s what she does.

But school choice waitlists are growing, and that’s a — that’s a incredible factor. Everyone wants school choice. And we have certain groups that are very powerfully against that, but we’re breaking through very strongly.

This year, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf denied 50,000 kids the promise of a better school. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, on the other hand, got 14,000 Florida students off of the waitlists. Really great. The waitlists were just ridiculous, and still are. I mean, they’re still very long. That’s where they want to go, Ron, I guess. Right? So congratulations to Ron DeSantis of Florida.

We believe that every parent should have educational freedom for their children. Earlier this year, I asked Congress to pass a federal tax credit to support state-based scholarship programs so we can provide over 1 million more students with school choice. People want school choice. They want to have their child go to a school that they want to have the child go to. It’s very simple.

I look forward to hearing from each of you today. We’re going to be discussing a lot of things that have happened in the last couple of years. Some great successes. And we’re in the process of getting more. Education is a very tough subject because it’s been grounded. And whether it works or doesn’t work, the areas that don’t work — people seem to want to come at a certain — a certain group of people. And it’s a very powerful group of people. They want it to stay that way. We don’t want it to stay that way.

Worldwide, we’re probably ranked about 36th, and yet we spend more per pupil than anyone other country in the world — far more per pupil. And we should be at the top of the list, not mired down toward the middle and even worse than that.

So I’d like to ask Mike Pence to say a few words. And we’re going to go around the table, and we’ll have a discussion. Thank you.

Remarks by President Trump at a Roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice | The White House

The President participates in a roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice.

ME: While the Democrats drown in their own hate Trump keeps winning for forgotten Americans

".......But now is the time to fight for the forgotten child, and that’s what we’re doing with respect to education. For decades, countless children have been trapped in failing government schools. In my administration, these children are forgotten no longer. Just like I said I was going to do it for different groups of people, and we did it.

We have the strongest economy probably in the history of our country. The numbers came out, as you saw on Friday, with a number of jobs that nobody believed possible: 200- — well over 200,000. They were thinking about 50. Some people thought it would be 50,000, 60,000. You saw how badly Canada did. We had 266,000. Canada had an unbelievable period and is going through something. And yet, we are right there. And the whole world is not doing well. And we’re doing phenomenally well. We’re doing better than — we’re the hottest economy in the world. We’re doing great.

And frankly, it’s hard to believe we could even do better. But if the world were doing better, we’d do better. That’s the way it’s set up.

We’ve made tremendous progress in the last three years — far greater than anyone thought possible. So we have the hottest economy in the world, by far. Nobody close. If you look at Europe, if you look at Asia — China is having a very hard time. We’re doing well with China in our trade deal. But they’re having a tremendously difficult time. The worst time they’ve had in at least 57 — it was 57 two weeks ago; now it’s much more than that — number of years. Fifty-seven years. And yet, we do record-breaking numbers. So that’s great.

We broke the stock market record — I believe it’s 132 times, during the course of less than three years as President. So that’s something.

And, by the way, you were great on television this weekend. I admired that very — you did a fantastic job. Everyone is talking about it in a very positive way, too. So, congratulations, Ted. He’s a hater. He’s definitely a hater. That came out loud and clear. Congratulations.

Lawmakers in 44 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico have empowered some parents to choose a better future for their children, for their child. But school choice waitlists are growing, and, sadly, not everyone wants to give these students the education and freedom that they deserve. They’re locked into a school system that’s terrible, and we’re working on that very hard. Betsy is working on it, full-time. About 30 hours a day, I guess, Betsy. Right? That’s what she does.

But school choice waitlists are growing, and that’s a — that’s a incredible factor. Everyone wants school choice. And we have certain groups that are very powerfully against that, but we’re breaking through very strongly.

This year, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf denied 50,000 kids the promise of a better school. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, on the other hand, got 14,000 Florida students off of the waitlists. Really great. The waitlists were just ridiculous, and still are. I mean, they’re still very long. That’s where they want to go, Ron, I guess. Right? So congratulations to Ron DeSantis of Florida.

We believe that every parent should have educational freedom for their children. Earlier this year, I asked Congress to pass a federal tax credit to support state-based scholarship programs so we can provide over 1 million more students with school choice. People want school choice. They want to have their child go to a school that they want to have the child go to. It’s very simple.

I look forward to hearing from each of you today. We’re going to be discussing a lot of things that have happened in the last couple of years. Some great successes. And we’re in the process of getting more. Education is a very tough subject because it’s been grounded. And whether it works or doesn’t work, the areas that don’t work — people seem to want to come at a certain — a certain group of people. And it’s a very powerful group of people. They want it to stay that way. We don’t want it to stay that way.

Worldwide, we’re probably ranked about 36th, and yet we spend more per pupil than anyone other country in the world — far more per pupil. And we should be at the top of the list, not mired down toward the middle and even worse than that.

So I’d like to ask Mike Pence to say a few words. And we’re going to go around the table, and we’ll have a discussion. Thank you.

Remarks by President Trump at a Roundtable on Empowering Families with Education Choice | The White House

You didn't hear a whole lot about this on mainstream media. But that's typical. They only report negative stuff about our president, most of which is FAKE NEWS.

Is this the same guy with a fake university ?

Forum List

Back