President seeks total nuclear disarmament

This from a man who never saw the USA as anything good.

I think it's fair to say as long as we have a Republican party this will never happen.
Nice that this guy will be out of office real soon.

Great quote from a great president....

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”

Wishful thinking. Genies cannot be put back in the bottle. It's a sop to the hippy dippy side of his party, nothing more.

Nukes are more dangerous if only countries of ill will posses them, and that's what would happen if the larger more rational ones decide to get rid of theirs.

There is no hippy dippy side of the party

Total nuclear disarmament is a worthy goal.

Interesting talk form a guy who basically just gave the Mullahs the bomb.

FYI, US/Russian stockpiles have dropped from a combined total of 60,000 to 10,000.

I think Rightwinger pulled a quote from a Republican President...
This looks familiar.
He pulls this out from time to time....

But it seems like something Obama would say....

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”
He seeks to make us weak and defenseless to the aggression of his Muslim overlords. (-:

Not possible. Can't put that genii back in the bottle.

And China, Russia, North Korea, and Iran....all giggle behind their hands at the dope and his stupid comments....Iran is going to nuke up....and Russia and China are modernizing their missles...........

And because of the deal with Iran....Saudi Arabia is looking to nuke up too........Japan may have to as well....

they recognize that nuclear weapons are power...and they all want power....

The President also said....

“I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things’.”

And he made it more likely by allowing Iran to nuke up........he is the worst sort of fool...a dangerous one.....

This looks familiar.

Except obama doesn't understand it.......Reagan did not weaken the U.S. thinking that is how you get Russia to be nice.....

FYI, US/Russian stockpiles have dropped from a combined total of 60,000 to 10,000.

Yes....Russia is getting rid of their old ones and developing new ones.....

If we aren't doing the same, we have no one to blame but Obama.

10k nuclear weapons is a better world than 60k AND Reagan removed the primary cause of the conflict that threatened Nuclear Armageddon.

This from a man who never saw the USA as anything good.

I think it's fair to say as long as we have a Republican party this will never happen.
Nice that this guy will be out of office real soon.

Seems odd

Obama never said it...It was Ron Reagan

But.....if that's the way you feel about him there is nothing I can do

Last edited:
This looks familiar.

Except obama doesn't understand it.......Reagan did not weaken the U.S. thinking that is how you get Russia to be nice.....

Reagan made the statement about the Soviet Union during the Cold War..Obama is dealing with Russia

Not the same animal

This looks familiar.

Reagan made the statement about the Soviet Union during the Cold War..Obama is dealing with Russia

Not the same animal

Very clever indeed winger, but here is the fallacy-------->Reagan never gave carte blanche for rogue nations to get the bomb. Your guy has, and has screwed those younger than us for decades to come.

This looks familiar.

Not the same animal

Very clever indeed winger, but here is the fallacy-------->Reagan never gave carte blanche for rogue nations to get the bomb. Your guy has, and has screwed those younger than us for decades to come.
Nations can't make the weapons of other nations?

You wouldn't by chance have a justification for that would you?

Forum List

Back