Prepared Statement

Speak from your heart and I am quite sure that will suffice.

I am terribly sorry to hear about this tragedy, SFC.

:confused: I didn't know you could change a guilty plea at a sentencing hearing.

I didn't know it either. But that's what happened. Needless to say we are not real happy about it. Yet it does give some possibility that she will get the Max sentence.

I think the simplicity and directness of your statement speaks from the heart to the listener....I don't think I'd change anything. Somehow, that would seem like adding fancy carving that distracts from the beauty of the grain. Keep it simple and direct, and let the judge see the faces of the people who loved him, as they rise.

Well, surprise surprise. It isn't over.

After accepting the guilty plea deal, which said that the prosecutor would not recommend any jail time, this stupid woman and her lawyer came into court and tried to make the case in their pre-sentencing statements that she had done nothing wrong and was innocent.

Well I did make my statement first, and I made it all the way through without breaking up till the next to last sentence. At any rate there was no sentence given.

The judge told her flat out that she had already plead Guilty and yet today she says she is not guilty. That he could not guess which statement was the truth. he permitted her to speak with her lawyer, and then permitted her to change her plea to not guilty and set up a jury trial.

We are thinking about pushing for additional charges just because she is such an idiot. And now obviously a liar. So we have a tentative court date of 2 August. Just when we are supposed to leave to go visit the kids we haven't seen in about 8 years. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Want Closure

Unbelievable! I should have read through the whole thread before responding earlier :redface:

I hope they throw the book at her :evil:

After accepting the guilty plea deal, which said that the prosecutor would not recommend any jail time, this stupid woman and her lawyer came into court and tried to make the case in their pre-sentencing statements that she had done nothing wrong and was innocent.

Well I did make my statement first, and I made it all the way through without breaking up till the next to last sentence. At any rate there was no sentence given.

The judge told her flat out that she had already plead Guilty and yet today she says she is not guilty. That he could not guess which statement was the truth. he permitted her to speak with her lawyer, and then permitted her to change her plea to not guilty and set up a jury trial.

We are thinking about pushing for additional charges just because she is such an idiot. And now obviously a liar. So we have a tentative court date of 2 August. Just when we are supposed to leave to go visit the kids we haven't seen in about 8 years. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Want Closure

Don't blame you one bit. Wonder if there's a way you can sue for the emotional damage she's caused just by dragging this out? You have until 2 Aug to go see the kids...don't know where they are or how long you planned to stay, but if you can fit it in, I'd advise it. You need your family around you right now, especially your kids. I'll be praying for you.

Ollie, I missed this thread back when. I'm so sorry for your loss and the turmoil the road to justice has caused. I'm with whomever said, 'move up the visit with the kids' if possible. Don't let this woman take anything else.

Agree with Annie. Reschedule the trip to see the kids, earlier if possible.

And let's now all pray for a jury with a whole bunch of a sense of justice.

I'm not sure why the judge agreed to let her plead innocent after she had already admitted everything and pled guilty, but maybe he has to.

But it sucks.

We cannot change our "vacation" dates. this past week was the only other time we could have gone and we didn't go because of court. we cannot leave in the next 2 weeks because of other commitments with the American Legion and medical appointments. We can't go later because our house/dog sitter (the unemployed 35 year old) will be leaving for Germany where he will be getting married to his childhood sweetheart. (now we know why he wasn't out running around; whew)

Isn't life wonderful? At any rate I will probably attend the pre trial hearing (again) and make the first day of court. Of course most of it will be jury selection. But I won't be talking or called a a witness, so The brothers and Sister can call and let me know what happens.

And of course I'll update the board when I get the chance. We hope to leave on 3 Aug, though I may say to hell with it and leave on the 2nd anyway. Possibly even the 1st.

I Want Closure

The accused's lawyer may be plea-dealing with the prosecutor without your knowledge. If you have an attorney, please have him check this out.

Ollie, I am so sorry. But somebody pointed that this might end in a max sentence for the perp.

I Want Closure

The accused's lawyer may be plea-dealing with the prosecutor without your knowledge. If you have an attorney, please have him check this out.

Ollie, I am so sorry. But somebody pointed that this might end in a max sentence for the perp.

The prosecutor has been really keeping us informed, I doubt he is doing anything without us knowing about it. He has gone above and beyond in meeting with us and explaining everything. Of course all his answers have not been what we wanted to hear, but I do believe he is telling us everything. And yes it is a good shot at getting a guilty verdict and a max sentence, which is only 18 months. this girl is a fool.

I Want Closure

Oh Ollie - I'm sorry this has happened. Hang in there, sweetie. Justice will prevail.

SFC Ollie,

I am a man of God who belives in forgiveness. Have you considered simply asking the person to apologize and forgive her? Jesus teaches us to turn the other cheek. To forgive is Godly. Try it...............

SFC Ollie,

I am a man of God who belives in forgiveness. Have you considered simply asking the person to apologize and forgive her? Jesus teaches us to turn the other cheek. To forgive is Godly. Try it...............

Riiiight. I turned the other cheek once. It got slapped too. Tell me when was the last time some 19 year old beat your father so that he was in pain the last 3 weeks of his life?

Try it and get back with me on that forgiveness thing.

she is gonna try to wiggle out of it....how strong is the evidence against her? in reality ...try not to be emotional about it...do you have a strong case here? did she bulk at the alacution part...(where she has to tell the court what she did)?

SFC Ollie,

Riiiight. I turned the other cheek once. It got slapped too. Tell me when was the last time some 19 year old beat your father so that he was in pain the last 3 weeks of his life?

Try it and get back with me on that forgiveness thing.

Yes, the Bible says we should forgive, but it doesn't say we shouldn't punish those who do us wrong. Once this is over with, the trial, her sentencing, etc...then you might consider forgiveness and move on with your life....

i couldnt forgive someone who beat a loved one of mine...sorry.....

seek justice....is all you can do

I've only just recently forgiven my sister for what she and her husband did after my dad died. I feel better, but it took years before I was able to forgive so I know...still it's something we, at least we as Christians, are suppose to strive for...then again, no one is perfect.

We are also suppose to love our enemies as ourselves, still working on that one too...

she is gonna try to wiggle out of it....how strong is the evidence against her? in reality ...try not to be emotional about it...do you have a strong case here? did she bulk at the alacution part...(where she has to tell the court what she did)?

We have a believable (according to the Prosecutor) witness who heard the strike of a fist and Dad saying don't hit me, just before the fall. We have another witness that saw the raised fist.

We have the injuries that are consistent with being pinned behind the door or at least having him shoved up against the wall with enough force for the door to go over the top of his toes and his heels to be bruised.

I don't know what else the prosecution might have.

Basically she took the plea deal, so the prosecution couldn't ask for jail time. Then when she made her pre sentencing statement both her and her lawyer said she hadn't done anything wrong. And the Judge just would not play that. He basically told her she is lying and he wanted to know the truth, guilty as she had plead or not guilty as she tried to play today. Oh and her lawyer announced that she is Pregnant. I don't think the judge cared about that. I know I could care less.

Forum List

Back