Power the WORLD with solar panels!

"Agrivoltaics? "I've never even heard that term before.

Got any other links. That guy is a nutjob.
No, your problem is that you are the nutjob. But yes, there are many people on Youtube that have explanations of Agrivoltaics. Go there yourself, I am not paid to be your personal teacher.

Once more you are a liar. I thought at the time that solar thermal is too complex compared to PV solar. As the material research results in solar panels that are far more efficient, there will be no need for such complex projects.
OK, Mrs. Elektra, once more I have over estimated your intellect. So there is no such thing as liquid air? Lordy, lordy. LOL!
prove it, where is your link, old crock.

Once more you are a liar. I thought at the time that solar thermal is too complex compared to PV solar. As the material research results in solar panels that are far more efficient, there will be no need for such complex projects.

It does not seem that you stated it was too complex?
In another significant development, Q1 2014 was the largest quarter ever for concentrating solar power (CSP) due to the completion of the 392 megawatt (AC) Ivanpah project and the Genesis Solar project’s second 125 megawatt (AC) phase. With a total of 857 megawatts expected to be completed by year’s end, 2014 is on pace to be the largest year for CSP in history.

Seems there are a bunch of people out there that think that solar, both PV and CSP are good investments.

It's about the area of New Mexico. And what if we just put solar panels over every paved road in the U.S. The pavement of just those combined would be enough to pave over the state of West Virginia. Then, bring in rooftops of houses, garages, car ports and buildings. Then what if we put solar panels over all the parking lots. Doing all that you wouldn't be using any unused space at all. Though we still have plenty of useless desert areas that are just begging for large solar arrays.

Driving cars on top of solar panels? That may be your dumbest idea yet.

you dirty filthy scumbag liar! How about your own post, proving you are a filthy fucking liar
Just for mdn;
Biggest Solar Deal Ever Announced ? We’re Talking Gigawatts | Wired Science | Wired.com

The largest series of solar installations in history, more than 1,300 megawatts, is planned for the desert outside Los Angeles, according to a new deal between the utility Southern California Edison and solar power plant maker, BrightSource.
following your link we find out that the first of the seven plants will be Ivanpah
The first of the seven installations will be in Ivanpah,

It's about the area of New Mexico. And what if we just put solar panels over every paved road in the U.S. The pavement of just those combined would be enough to pave over the state of West Virginia. Then, bring in rooftops of houses, garages, car ports and buildings. Then what if we put solar panels over all the parking lots. Doing all that you wouldn't be using any unused space at all. Though we still have plenty of useless desert areas that are just begging for large solar arrays.
stupidity, yes the dumbest idea yet, and already tried and failed. Hell, they can not keep our roads maintained now, imagine making them out of microchips, which is what solar is.

France’s Solar Road Is a Complete Failure​

The weakness of solar panels right now is energy storage that we can use at night

We are not there yet
That is being solved in numerous ways, through zinc-based batteries and other battery technology. Look at SunRun Brightbox:

There are many viable energy storage possibilities already, with more emerging soon.

I like Maxeon solar panels. But the U.S. needs to up their game in the silicon production. Corning doesn't have capacity, apparently. I know that their stock price barely moves compared to their Chinese counterparts like Daqo, which went from $38 to $125 and is back down to the $50 range. As did every other Chinese silicon maker. But not Corning.

The problem is the Chinese silicon is made in the Uyghur area where they have their prison camps, so the world community has correctly suppressed their import, hurting the Chinese market and giving the U.S. and Germans (Wacker Industries) an opportunity.

If that political situation is resolved, solar panel production will skyrocket. I'd rather that we not let the Republicans fuck it up again like they did with Solyndra, giving this huge industry to the Chinese on a silver platter.

We could do it here in the U.S.. Though it would probably take a monumental effort. And to distribute electricity across the globe might take something like Tesla's idea of transmitting power with radio waves. Though it could probably be done by redirecting microwaves from satellites. Just think. We could become the new Saudi Arabia. We have more than enough desert land in the U.S. to do it. I will show you what the total area of solar panels required as compared to the U.S. to do it.

View attachment 544578
There isn't enough room for that many solar panels.

That is being solved in numerous ways, through zinc-based batteries and other battery technology. Look at SunRun Brightbox:

There are many viable energy storage possibilities already, with more emerging soon.
There are a dozen battery “breakthroughs” floating around on Youtube

But do far its all talk

I do think its only a matter of time before battery storage does achieve what you want

But its not there yet

And the automobile will never replace the horse. Where are you going to get all that gasoline? How will you distribute it. Do you know how many horses and wagons it would take to distribute that fuel to ever road intersection? LOL You Luddites are a joke. DC power lines already distribute massive amounts of energy over long distances.
We already distribute electricity you fucking moron. The point is you cannot transport it over very long distances, why do you think all major power sources are close to the areas they power? Do you think solar produced electrons act differently?

The further the distance, the more loss, and costs go up even more:

After 1000 miles, 8.71% is lost, and delivered power costs at least 19% extra.
After 2000 miles, 17.4% is lost, and delivered power costs at least 42% extra.

You are right. I wasn't close to right. I don't know what I was thinking. The earth hasn't been this hot in the last 18,000 years. It hasn't been this hot in the past 125,000 years.

inhabitat.com › the-last-time-earth-was-this-hotThe last time Earth was this hot was 125,000 years ago
ha, ha, ha, anybody can register a .com and make any claim they wish, so you went to google and found a link? Big deal, I can go to google and find a link that says your link is wrong. That proves nothing.

You can say whatever you want about the earth, starting 200 years ago to 200 million years ago and whatever you state will never be a fact, it will only be a theory. Sadly, nobody was around that could record temperatures so everything is theory convoluted through a computer model.

Anyhow, your article does not cite any studies or reports. This is all you have ever done, searched your opinion and when you find a propagandist site, you think you have confirmed your opinion. Hardly is the case.

Now how about the TMI radiation release?? There are many types of radiation, what kind was it?

I said OVER the roads. Not on them. Though I don't see why we couldn't have pavement covered with solar panels. I have seen places where they surfaced pavement on roads with small rocks glued together. Probably using a hard drying epoxy. Light can pass through such glue. And what if they mixed it with clear sand or glass beads instead of small pebbles. That would let enough light to pass through to solar panels beneath. It may not be as clear as plastic or glass. But it would work well enough. So what if it diffuses the light. Wax paper will also diffuse light. If you took ten layers of it and tried to look at the sun through them, it would still be too bright to look at.

ha, ha, ha, anybody can register a .com and make any claim they wish, so you went to google and found a link? Big deal, I can go to google and find a link that says your link is wrong. That proves nothing.

You can say whatever you want about the earth, starting 200 years ago to 200 million years ago and whatever you state will never be a fact, it will only be a theory. Sadly, nobody was around that could record temperatures so everything is theory convoluted through a computer model.

Anyhow, your article does not cite any studies or reports. This is all you have ever done, searched your opinion and when you find a propagandist site, you think you have confirmed your opinion. Hardly is the case.

Now how about the TMI radiation release?? There are many types of radiation, what kind was it?

Apparently you aren't very fond of graphs. But I have one for you anyway. As for TMI, their core partially melted down. At Chernobyl their core completely melted down. It is supposed to remain dangerous for the next 4.5 billion years. Apparently they can't get close enough to the melted mass to completely seal it off itself. If the partially melted core at TMI is anything like that, it's bad enough.

CO2 and temperature.jpg

Apparently you aren't very fond of graphs. But I have one for you anyway. As for TMI, their core partially melted down. At Chernobyl their core completely melted down. It is supposed to remain dangerous for the next 4.5 billion years. Apparently they can't get close enough to the melted mass to completely seal it off itself. If the partially melted core at TMI is anything like that, it's bad enough.

View attachment 544983
The Reactor Core at three mile island has already been removed.

You really do not know anything about Nuclear power and hence radiation. The containment building is still there. Still radioactive inside. Hence a bit expensive to dismantle but it could be done today. Just expensive. In 60 years the radiation levels will be at a harmless level, so workers will be able to enter and dismantle the plant with zero problems from radiation.

It is known as HALF LIFE. In 60 years the radioactive elements in TMI will have decayed to harmless levels.

The nuclear fuel is already removed with zero incidents.

Forum List

Back