POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
we will have a covid vaccine for next season, we have flu vaccines that work very well but we still have many flu deaths, maybe because of the fake news about vaccines and autism and the allegations that the govt is "putting something in the vaccines". both are untrue and based on ignorance and political bullshit.

Note the antivax crowd silence lately?

antivaxxers-its-your.jpg

~S~

T
Now, there is strong circumstantial evidence that coravid-19 is a weaponized or engineered organism.
No, there is not.

And you came to that conclusion HOW ?

But Why Are Antibiotics & Not Anti-Virals Quelling The COVID-19 Coronavirus? Is It Really A Virus?

Because every article claiming to have evidence that it was engineered is nonsense.

Azithromycin has well described anti-inflammatory properties.

It started in Wuhan where there is a semi secret chinese factory producing all kinds of viruses and toxic bacteria. they use animals like bats for the testing, chinese also eat bats and other weird animals.

So who can say that some worker did not steal an infected test animal and thereby release the virus. or maybe one of the bats escaped. OR, maybe the Chinese released it on purpose. They don't give a shit about their average citizens, they have too many of them already, so why not release it, kill some chinese and then kill some of their enemies in europe and america?

Can you prove that did not happen?

Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source. It is beyond our capabilities to custom design protein structure for a particular purpose (in this case to increase its virulence). An engineered virus would be a chimera, putting together known proteins for a designed purpose, which is not the case.

Furthermore, the other poster claimed there exists evidence to support this conclusion. None has been presented.

“With the Tax Cuts and new Trade Deals, we were set for a tremendous growth rate this year.... and then the Chinese Virus came along. We were breaking all records, especially on employment. It will all come roaring back again, and fast! ” - President Trump

Now, there is strong circumstantial evidence that coravid-19 is a weaponized or engineered organism.
No, there is not.

But Why Are Antibiotics & Not Anti-Virals Quelling The COVID-19 Coronavirus? Is It Really A Virus?

Because every article claiming to have evidence that it was engineered is nonsense.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

Descriptions

Azithromycin is used to treat certain bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. This medicine may mask or delay the symptoms of syphilis. It is not effective against syphilis infections.

Azithromycin belongs to the class of drugs known as macrolide antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooops , where is the anti-inflammatory properties ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Shut the fuck up .

Yes, really.

I have no intention of shutting up when I’m correct. With all due respect, I know more about this than you do.

From your article:

"Azithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic with well-described anti-inflammatory properties which can be attributed, at least partially, to its action on macrophages. "

So yes , in that manner it acts as an anti-inflammatory because the body does not have to continue producing macrophages so the swelling goes down.

BUT macrophages only appear at the site of a BACTERIAL INFECTION

Macrophage autophagy is central to host defenses against bacterial infections, sending intracellular pathogens to lysosomes for degradation while controlling inflammation to limit host damage .

SO walk me through it how does it help someone with covid-19 pneumonia or shut the fuck up..
Because macrophages don’t only react to bacterial infections but viral as well.

You can stop acting like an ass anytime now.

The "authority" can be "marshal law" or what they are using now.
Are you talking about *Martial* Law? At some point people will get fed up with this bullshit and the martial law enforcers are going to have riots on their hands.
You people don't seem to realize, or maybe you do and actually want it, that we are on the brink of Martial Law.
That is Dangerous. It happened with Katrina but was regional. 1 region. Nation wide there will be trouble.
Anybody remember Clive Bundy? 1 region. Anybody read In the Spirit of Crazy Horse in which Leonard Peltier was railroaded into prison. 1 region These fucks will do what they are allowed to get away with. And even suggesting, by another citizen, that certain age groups, or class or whatever be forcefully quarantined is submitting to the bullshit.
But like I said, maybe many want it. If so they're fucking idiots and pandering to them with sunshine and lollipops and "suggestions" about what could happen for everyones sake will not stop the idiocy and oh, btw, it won't help the suggester in the end either.

I've seen what happens when "crazies" think their "rights" trump law enforcement. For argument's sake, say that the government declares "martial law" and only those with "daily passes" get to work or travel outside their area based on passing a daily test for the virus. Anyone who misbehaves would be dealt with severely. You may think you're tough but I know that SWAT teams wouldn't think so. So stop the tough guy shit.

Speaking hypothetically, the justification for keeping old folks in their homes could be that the numbers say that they have a higher probability of ending up in a hospital and putting the doctors and nurses at risk. We're talking a few months of quarantine at most until the new medicines are widely available. "Thank you for your patience".

As to the number killed, this is no where near as deadly as the annual flu and we never shut the country down for the flu.

There’s a lot of logical problems with this statement.

For starters, the first case of COVID showed up here about two months ago and is still growing at a rapid rate. You can not compare annual influenza deaths to the cumulative number of COVID deaths. Remember, we lost 500 people yesterday. And that number of deaths per day is only increasing so far.

Second, we have put into place unprecedented restrictions, which we all hope will be effective. I fear that if they are effective at limiting the spread of the virus, people will assume the restrictions were not necessary in the first place because COVID wasn’t “all that bad” and ignore the reason for that.

run for the hills, everybody panic, hoard toilet paper, hide from your neighbors, run, run, run its gonna kill us all=====================yaaaaa

happy now?
No. Why does everything need to be one extreme or the other?

its you on the left that are screaming for the extremes. I am pleading for common sense.
I could say the same about “you on the right”. (Maybe we will quarantine all of New York, right?)

You are mischaracterizing me by assuming that I am saying something I’m not.

a quarantine of NYC may be appropriate for a while. I am just waiting for an outbreak in the homeless in LA and SFO where there is no sanitation and human waste is running in the gutters. Then what? Whose fault would that be?

It would be an extreme measure. Common sense argues against it.

Are you under the impression that COVID is enteric? Homeless populations are indeed high risk. That’s true anywhere. I’ve seen some people putting them up in currently empty hotels as a temporary measure.

No, there is not.

It started in Wuhan where there is a semi secret chinese factory producing all kinds of viruses and toxic bacteria. they use animals like bats for the testing, chinese also eat bats and other weird animals.

So who can say that some worker did not steal an infected test animal and thereby release the virus. or maybe one of the bats escaped. OR, maybe the Chinese released it on purpose. They don't give a shit about their average citizens, they have too many of them already, so why not release it, kill some chinese and then kill some of their enemies in europe and america?

Unfortunately, Red, we are not being governed by angels.

Remember Bruce Ivins, the "mad scientist" at our own Ft. Detrick, who weaponized anthrax?

No, there is not.

Descriptions

Azithromycin is used to treat certain bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. This medicine may mask or delay the symptoms of syphilis. It is not effective against syphilis infections.

Azithromycin belongs to the class of drugs known as macrolide antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine will not work for colds, flu, or other virus infections.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooops , where is the anti-inflammatory properties ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Shut the fuck up .

Yes, really.

I have no intention of shutting up when I’m correct. With all due respect, I know more about this than you do.

From your article:

"Azithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic with well-described anti-inflammatory properties which can be attributed, at least partially, to its action on macrophages. "

So yes , in that manner it acts as an anti-inflammatory because the body does not have to continue producing macrophages so the swelling goes down.

Macrophage autophagy is central to host defenses against bacterial infections, sending intracellular pathogens to lysosomes for degradation while controlling inflammation to limit host damage .

SO walk me through it how does it help someone with covid-19 pneumonia or shut the fuck up..

now i wish i hadn't slept through all those metabolic classes....

from the bowels (pun intended) of the 'net>>>>

Very useful info from another community, grounded in the scientific perspective on Covid-19

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be
cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there

~S~

No, there is not.

Descriptions

Shut the fuck up .

Yes, really.

From your article:

2.2.2.2 Macrophages
Macrophages belong to the mononuclear phagocytes; in other words, macrophages are differentiated monocytes and have larger cells and

Increased macrophages will increase monocytes which will increase leukocytes .

If a doctor performed a CBC and concluded that the leukocytosis was caused by a viral infection those practitioners are guilty of malpractice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
No, there is not.

Analysis of its genome indicates that the protein structure that contributes to its increase virulence is unique, and not derived from any other known source. It is beyond our capabilities to custom design protein structure for a particular purpose (in this case to increase its virulence). An engineered virus would be a chimera, putting together known proteins for a designed purpose, which is not the case.

Furthermore, the other poster claimed there exists evidence to support this conclusion. None has been presented.

HUH?

A Reuters news report claims the newly mutated coronavirus wasn’t identified until January 10 and hospitals in Wuhan didn’t have testing kits till January 20, with testing prior that date taking 3-5 days because they had to be sent to a laboratory in Beijing. So how did the CDC all the way in the U.S. so quickly identify Wuhan as the hub of a coronavirus outbreak?

If a doctor performed a CBC and concluded that the leukocytosis was caused by a viral infection those practitioners are guilty of malpractice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?

Gee, I thought you were an expert?

Will a VIRAL infection cause Leukocytosis?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?.

Absolutely can.

What’s your point again? I provided sources confirming macrophages respond to viral pneumonia.

Are you really doubting that COVID is a virus?

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

We can not let this thing beat us...The economy needs to get going again with the understanding that people must pay attention to their surroundings, and practice good hygine...

The only way to beat this thing, they way it has been proven to be defeated, is through extreme lockdown and testing. Lockdown and Testing are the two pillars. Until the PATHOGEN is defeated, non-essential business is irrelevant. This is a national crises and sacrifices must be made to defeat the enemy.

We won't have a country left if we allow the economy to cease to exist....

non-essential business does not = U.S. Economy

Think World War II. How many non-essential business's continued after December 7, 1941 and how vital were they to the overall economy?

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

We can not let this thing beat us...The economy needs to get going again with the understanding that people must pay attention to their surroundings, and practice good hygine...

The only way to beat this thing, they way it has been proven to be defeated, is through extreme lockdown and testing. Lockdown and Testing are the two pillars. Until the PATHOGEN is defeated, non-essential business is irrelevant. This is a national crises and sacrifices must be made to defeat the enemy.

Hmmm, how about if we treat it like we treated chicken pox and measles? continue our lives and people get it, recover, and then have a life time immunity?

What is gained by stopping the virus and destroying the country?

That idea would kill 1 million Americans by the end of April. That would be a disaster which is why every government on the planet is not doing that.

The country is not going to be destroyed by shutting down non-essential services. The United States shut down thousands of business's during World War II that were not essential to the war effort.

Right now, millions of American lives are at stake because this virus and the deaths from it are growing exponentially. It is not like some other disease. It is a deadly pathogen that is easily transmissible.

Were talking about people's lives here.

you are wrong, the mortality rate of corona has been shown to be very close to the annual flu. THIS IS NOT A DISASTER THAT IS GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD.

When ignorant people like you and some of the Trump-hating media pukes spew this garbage, you are creating a panic situation that is totally unnecessary.

This thing will play itself out very soon. continuing to shut down the country will kill a lot more people than the virus ever could.

I am still waiting for one of you prophets of doom to tell us how many of the old sick people who have died with the virus would have died anyway from their underlying conditions. Until you can do that, all the stats are meaningless.

The average seasonal flu death rate is .1%

The average coronavirus death rate in the United States is 1.77%

The average coronavirus death rate in Italy is 11.03%

So the coronavirus death is anywhere from 17 times to 110 times as deadly as season flu.

More importantly ask yourself this: If this is nothing more serious then seasonal flu, why are cities building new make shift hospitals and make shift morgues? Why are hospitals at capacity with their ICU Beds? Why are there not enough Ventilators?

If you take time to think about and answer those questions, you will realize that stating this is nothing more serious than seasonal flu is total rubbish.

Ho
This crises is the same thing.

how so?

~S~

Non-essential services shut down while essential services ramp up production. It happened in World War II and its happening now.
methinks you've got that just a tad skewed U2

the then labor force simply were redirected to 'war effort' jobs

they weren't told they were non-essential & outta work

Like yours truly ,along with my construction mates

Distorting history to paint it to your view is...

74568721.jpg

~S~

Staying home is your job if your not in an essential service. The government is sending out many to millions of people that are staying home. Cash to stay home in this pandemic is no different that cash to go to another country and fight Nazi's in World War II. Your doing a job important to DEFEATING THE ENEMY and receiving money from the government.
If everyone is going to stay at home who will be left to make the Toilet Paper?

And that's the other problem....

In order to actually contain this.... you can't have half the country still going to work. All the stores are still open, and not only are all the stores still open, but all the stores are hiring additional people to stock the stores. All of the stores are hiring in my area. May of that have increased they total crew levels by 50% to double.

And of course all the hospitals are hiring, and all the other places are hiring.

I still go to work. My company said we got an exemption, because JBS meat packing still wants their $1,000 laptops... so I'm going to work. And I see cars all over the highway.

When you still have millions of people all going to work... how do you really think this is going to be contained?

Well it isn't.

So what's the point of all this? It's not helping. The virus is still spreading and will continue to spread.

The only way to stop it, is to literally stop everything. Well that's not happening.

So this is nothing more than an economy destroying pointless waste of time.

That's how it appears to me. AGAIN... I could be wrong.

We're not doing what china did. China literally shut everything down. Total and complete lock out.

You can do that in a totalitarian country. Italy is trying that, and now people are starting to fight back. You can't just lock people up until they all die, in a western country.

It's going to be riots and anarchy in Italy before too long.

People in China were still working in essential services. So again, it was not a total lock down there either. China shows the path forward. They have defeated the current wave of this pathogen. Their economy is fine given the circumstances.

Forum List

Back