Poll: 71% shun GOP handling of debt crisis

We need to increase taxes so that MORE businesses can fail and leave additional people unemployed. This will allow Democrats to further demonize the rich, collect more tax from a smaller group of Americans and control the lives of even more poor.

It's Republican tax policy that has dramatically reduced the pool of Americans who pay federal income taxes.

Wrong! 47% of Americans didn't pay federal income tax in 2009, 45% in 2010.

It's so sad to see some people so easily brainwashed.

The government has convinced you to go to war
the government had convinced you to abort your baby
the government has convinced you are owed free money on the backs of the middle class
the government has convinced you that gay marriage is a serious issue
the government has convinced you that it will take care of you when you are old.

The more interesting stats show how CBS cooks the books with the weighting in their poll internals:

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3679-cbs.jpg

http://www.conservativecommune.com/2011/07/the-number-cbs-is-not-trumpeting-in-its-latest-poll/

73% of INDEPENDENTS in the poll disapprove of the Republicans on this.

How is that skewed???

I am one of those conservative leaning independants who dissaproves...but why?

I dissaprove of McConell's idea to go outside the constitution and give the president the authority which the constitution excluded soley for the congress (budgets aka debt ceiling increases).

What also makes me disapprove of the republicans is that the house has not put out their own bill about doing this weeks ago.

I do approve of the republicans fighting what obama's unwillingness to put certain cuts on the table (obamacare, other entitlements), I think obama is making the wrong decisions and not going far enough for spending cuts (and excluding the areas that unfortunately need cuts) and going too far with the level of increase in the debt ceiling.

I also think raising the taxes, right now, is a bad idea but would be more accepting of it in the future once the economy is doing good (it will help with revenue once the economy is better, right now it wont help). So in this I do approve of what the republicans are doing.

However, overall, i dissaprove more than approve of how both sides are handling this but for different reasons on each side.

Just a little insight

Who made this thread? what do you think of what i said?

Why? You've already lost. Your points are a jumble of irrelevant and half-factual statements.
Reagan was conned into the tax increase,which he regretted, and which failed to work as advertised.
Why do you think the GOP should stand still for the same thing today?

So when you have no argument in response, all you say is "you lost".

I was trying to figure out where I recognize your behavior from and then I figured it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4]‪Monty Python-The Black Knight‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

We need to increase taxes so that MORE businesses can fail and leave additional people unemployed. This will allow Democrats to further demonize the rich, collect more tax from a smaller group of Americans and control the lives of even more poor.

It's Republican tax policy that has dramatically reduced the pool of Americans who pay federal income taxes.

Wrong! 47% of Americans didn't pay federal income tax in 2009, 45% in 2010.

And what tax law changes specifically pushed all those families off the tax rolls?

What percent paid in 2008?

So, on the topic of CBS poll bias.

The last CBS Obama job approval poll was the last week of June, they had him at 47% approval.

Rasmussen's tracking poll for that same week averaged 47% approval.

Why would you go back to June?

Today - SeeBS 47%, Rass 44%

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

You keep swinging and missing...

It's amusing, though....

Because the last CBS poll posted on realclear was taken in June, Dr. Phonics.

lol

The last CBS Obama job approval poll was the last week of June, they had him at 47% approval.

It's amusing, though....

lol

Put down the cheetos, boy...

You're comparing apples to laundry soap...

lol

It's amusing, though....

lol
Doesn't matter brainiac. Obama is losing...and while we're on the topic? So are you...loser. Did you get your welfare check today loser?

Well I figured I'd post this for people like you Dr. House who like using the poll that Americans don't approve of raising the debt ceiling. :)

Though that gap between those numbers are also narrowing as more people find out what exactly not raising the debt ceiling entails.

Really? Is that what you gained from the story? Because I didn't see anything in that story about the percentage of Americans that are in favor or raising the debt limit.

"Obama's 45% approval rating in the latest USA Today/Gallup poll, as well as congressional Democrats' 33% rating and the Republicans' 28%, are all statistically similar to their ratings in contemporaneous surveys since August 2010. These ratings also approach the low points of approval for each." - Gallup Amid Debt Clash, Approval of Parties in Congress Low but Steady

I got out of the story and all other polls is that the American people are not supportive of either side, but large majorities still oppose raising the debt limit.

"Congressional Democrats' slightly higher current job approval rating compared with the GOP's stems from the higher percentage of Democrats than of Republicans approving of their own party's job performance, 73% vs. 57%. The two parties receive similarly low approval from independents, registering just over 20%. Both receive single-digit approval ratings from those who identify with the opposite party."

If that is why you posted this ill-conceived thread your point is disingenuous and factually incorrect.

"Americans are closely split over whether the nation's leaders are performing worse than their predecessors in trying to solve the nation's problems. About half, 49%, say Obama and the current Congress are doing a worse job than prior leaders, while nearly as many say they are doing either about the same (34%) or better (13%)."

The story's title is indicative of the biased nature of CBS. "shun GOP handling of debt crisis" when only 10% more supposedly approve of the Democrat's plan, higher than all other major polling organizations.

Until a balanced budget amendment is passed, raising taxes are lowering spending only have so much permanence. I wonder which is the bigger compromise at the moment, large spending cuts in the present time or a tax increase? Just a guess, but I think most Americans could live with a 3% tax increase on those with more than a $250,000 income and a major spending cut program.

In Their Own Words: Americans' Views on Raising Debt Ceiling

This is the left's response to the polling data that has shows majorities of Americans have been opposed to raising the debt limit from the beginning.

After Obama was asked a few days why so few support raising the debt limit--his and the Democrat's position--he said it due to how busy average Americans are. Essentially because they are misinformed.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - Senator Barack Obama 2006

are you disputing the numbers Modbert and what they mean?

I'm not disputing the numbers. I'm just pointing out that it was funny she went all the way to a Conservative blog instead of just clicking on the CBS website.

that comment is absolutely meaningless and just a smoke screen, since it is quite clear you didn't read the poll, if you had you would have seen the raw vs. weighted tilt CBS finagled and dumped it.....OR, in the pursuit ala CBS of a poll tha proved what you wanted it to before hand, you simply had to use it because you read the title and was off to the races, again......and, you insist in using a poll with a pretty much statistically worthless sampling....is that what you intended?

Independents widely think that both parties are doing a terrible job of handling this crisis.

and? so what?

What I found most interesting about this poll is how much Republicans who were polled disapproved of what the GOP was doing. It's like I said earlier in the thread, I can't blame them. They have a prime opportunity to push Democrats for cuts, and you have Republicans like Mitch McConnell trying to get rid of that opportunity intentionally in the name of politics.

whatever....

It's amusing, though....

lol

Put down the cheetos, boy...

You're comparing apples to laundry soap...

lol

I compared the Rasmussen polls in June to the CBS polls in June.

It's amusing, though....

Ok, if it will make you happy, we'll take those numbers and assume that CBS is biased towards Obama by 3 points.

And we'll change that 71% disapproval on the Republicans handling the debt ceiling to

68%.

lol, happy now?

Forum List

Back