Politics Today

What the conservative set within the GOP fears are the people, and thus put their in faith in DJT&Co. and the elite (both of their efforts seem to me to put their wealth and lifestyle first, and the vast majority of us last).

When the Framers sat to write COTUS in 1787 they were well aware that our revolution was successful against the most powerful Army and Navy in the world, at that time.

They understood the power of the people, they (for the most part) were instrumental in its success. Thus they faced a conundrum, should power be in the hands of the people, or a king. The Framers had also been well read, and settled on what was written by Charles, Baron de Montesquieu: The Separation of Power among an Executive, Legislative and Judiciary.

Today, we are a nation of laws, wherein no one person is above the law. That is currently under attack by Trump&Co. along with his fellow travelers in The Congress and people like those who will pretend this thread funny.

sorry I thought this was going to be about politics not your case of TDS and how butthurt you are AGAIN,,,

and truthfully I find this thread sad and worry about your mental health,,
get help soon some people are worried about you,,,

Truth has never been part of your posts, nor I suspect in your life.

Obama tried to change immigration law by EO even though he stated multiple times he didn’t have the authority to do so. The President does not make laws trying to do so through EO hardly seems limited.

What the conservative set within the GOP fears are the people, and thus put their in faith in DJT&Co. and the elite (both of their efforts seem to me to put their wealth and lifestyle first, and the vast majority of us last).

When the Framers sat to write COTUS in 1787 they were well aware that our revolution was successful against the most powerful Army and Navy in the world, at that time.

They understood the power of the people, they (for the most part) were instrumental in its success. Thus they faced a conundrum, should power be in the hands of the people, or a king. The Framers had also been well read, and settled on what was written by Charles, Baron de Montesquieu: The Separation of Power among an Executive, Legislative and Judiciary.

Today, we are a nation of laws, wherein no one person is above the law. That is currently under attack by Trump&Co. along with his fellow travelers in The Congress and people like those who will pretend this thread funny.
Trump has never seen laws applying to him personally. His entire business and personal history of treating other people evidences that. (although his use of bankruptcy is not illegal)

But I need some specifics to follow your thread.

The Point is quite simple, we have three equal branches of government. The conservative set within the GOP only respects COTUS when it fits their need for power.

Conservative values have been corrupted by far right money. Thus I coined the phrase, callous conservatism. It began with Reagan's oft quoted comments on taxes & government:

"it's your money" and,

"The most terrifying words in English, I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

My comment rarely quoted is this. Callous conservatives motto is, "I've got mine, fuck the rest of you".

Actually democrats fear the American people and that's why they would rather try to overthrow the government with an admitted attempted coup than engage in an election.

Actually democrats fear the American people and that's why they would rather try to overthrow the government with an admitted attempted coup than engage in an election.

This ^^^ makes no sense.
  • If we were a direct democracy HRC would be President today
  • There is no "attempted coup"
Coup Defined:

"a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government"

Why do you think using impeachment to try to remove a corrupt president, a constitutional process, is an attempted overthrow of the government or some kind of illegal coup attempt on the government. After all, he is just a man, not the government.

Why do you think using impeachment to try to remove a corrupt president, a constitutional process, is an attempted overthrow of the government or some kind of illegal coup attempt on the government. After all, he is just a man, not the government.

He's gullible, a biddable fool.

Trump has never seen laws applying to him personally. His entire business and personal history of treating other people evidences that. (although his use of bankruptcy is not illegal)

But I need some specifics to follow your thread.

The Point is quite simple, we have three equal branches of government. The conservative set within the GOP only respects COTUS when it fits their need for power.

Conservative values have been corrupted by far right money. Thus I coined the phrase, callous conservatism. It began with Reagan's oft quoted comments on taxes & government:

"it's your money" and,

"The most terrifying words in English, I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

My comment rarely quoted is this. Callous conservatives motto is, "I've got mine, fuck the rest of you".

they seem to be very pleased with the SC if it reverses Roe, which it pretty much already has done. McConnell has the senate, and had the house, marching to the .1%'s tune.

I strongly suspect the Sup Ct would apply the laws differently to Trump than …. say it did to Nixon or even Clinton.

He's gullible, a biddable fool.
Pelosi isn't even trying to remove him. Trump subverted his office not just to do something illegal in the US, but to involve a for country that we are supporting as it opposes aggression by Russia. I doubt half the dems in the House are dancing for glee over this. But it's either impeach or not do anything even while Trump thumbs his nose at our laws.

all he had to do is say "oops, won't do it again." But he knows making Pelosi the issue is gravy on his supporters kibble.

Republicans who vilified Obama's limited use of Executive Privilege are oddly silent on Trumps blanket use of it to suppress all cooperation with the House's investigations.
Obama Bin Fagging has a wife with a DICK. There is no greater Violation of God's Laws than that. Not only was he a punk, he had the most corrupt administration in history. He literally poisoned every single Government Agency with his diseased touch. He also was a Traitor to America, hated Jews and Christians and Israel and did everything he could to undermine our Constitution.

What kind of a Fag btw is So Afraid of Losing that he has to spy on his Political Rivals Illegally?

What Kind of Piece of Shit lays down in Bed with Terrorists like he did?

I love you guys. You make me laugh.
Only The Devil Laughs at Treason.

Only the Devil laughs at treason? Well, then he must have been laughing himself sick when Trump sold his soul to become president.

sorry I thought this was going to be about politics not your case of TDS and how butthurt you are AGAIN,,,

if what I say is wrong the why dont you show how its wrong???

or could it be you thats lying???

Republicans who vilified Obama's limited use of Executive Privilege are oddly silent on Trumps blanket use of it to suppress all cooperation with the House's investigations.
Obama Bin Fagging has a wife with a DICK. There is no greater Violation of God's Laws than that. Not only was he a punk, he had the most corrupt administration in history. He literally poisoned every single Government Agency with his diseased touch. He also was a Traitor to America, hated Jews and Christians and Israel and did everything he could to undermine our Constitution.

What kind of a Fag btw is So Afraid of Losing that he has to spy on his Political Rivals Illegally?

What Kind of Piece of Shit lays down in Bed with Terrorists like he did?

I love you guys. You make me laugh.
Only The Devil Laughs at Treason.

Only the Devil laughs at treason? Well, then he must have been laughing himself sick when Trump sold his soul to become president.
Trump was an opportunist. He saw some agendas that our government jettisoned and used them. He talks like Progs do and found a hungry base that were tired of dull plodding Repubs who let the Progs run this government for half a century unabated. I hear nothing different from Trump then from you. You are just not used to it. Trump has done nothing wrong. at least nothing that recent Presidents have done. Tens of millions of Americans would probably trade secrets to our enemies then listen to a Prog female President. Remember.....Repubs follow what you do.

The truly sad thing here is that you actually believe what you typed. As a staunch Conservative I can tell you we don't "fear" anything, especially not "the people". The stupidity of your world view is that "conservatives" (not Republicans) play by the rules and accept what happens within those rules. You didn't see the same level of bullshit you see now when Obama was elected. He won, he won big twice. So be it.

Hillary loses and 3 years later it's still everyone else's fault but hers. 3 years later and people just like you don't like the rules so you want to change them. You idiots whine about the "popular vote" acting that's how it always has been and should be. It's NEVER been that way and yet you people scream it from the rooftops as if you've been gutted and cheated.

You lost, and you lost because the people played by the rules and Hillry couldn't pull it off.

Wrong.

Impeachment reflects the will of the people; the impeachment process is the people telling the states they made a mistake, that the person the states elected as president needs to be removed from office, and why.

Impeaching Trump would be perfectly warranted, lawful, and Constitutional.

Impeachment is a process reserved for presidents who do not respect the office they hold and are acting too much like kings. It seems there are a subset of conservatives who do not understand that executive power derives from the consent of the masses. If you tell your leaders they have your total unconditional support then they start to think they have total unaccountable power. Trump supporters have yet to tell Trump that there are lines he should not cross. By now it is clear there are no lines.

Impeachment is a process reserved for presidents who do not respect the office they hold and are acting too much like kings. It seems there are a subset of conservatives who do not understand that executive power derives from the consent of the masses. If you tell your leaders they have your total unconditional support then they start to think they have total unaccountable power. Trump supporters have yet to tell Trump that there are lines he should not cross. By now it is clear there are no lines.

Spot on - Megalomania needs supporters, and a megalomaniac needs to be fed regularly, hence, the rallies.

I've posted verbatim that trump has character disorders (CD). he is the one you need to worry about his mental health.

See the DSM-V on line, look up the CD's: paranoid, narcissistic, histrionic, and antisocial. Then honestly get back to me with you understanding of these disorders and if you suffer cognitive dissonance after reading them.

Why did Joe Biden's Clnton's and Obama's Corrupt Ukrainian Friends all flee to Russia when an Anti-Corruption Administration was elected in the Ukraine?

I've posted verbatim that trump has character disorders (CD). he is the one you need to worry about his mental health.

See the DSM-V on line, look up the CD's: paranoid, narcissistic, histrionic, and antisocial. Then honestly get back to me with you understanding of these disorders and if you suffer cognitive dissonance after reading them.

That is news...you ought to change your user name to Dr. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back