Political Songs

i'm 60 & have lived in a not so great place for more than 1/2 my life.

Oh, ok, then you have seen some of the world and how hard it can be and only the strong survive, or the lucky ones born with silver spoon in their mouth.
Remember this song it was a little before your time but not alot.

who is to blame for that?

oh dear - i see you are gonna go down the rabbithole of hyperbole/talking points.

did you contribute to the wall fund set up by steve bannon who turned around & stole that money from donny's very own voters, & who was set to go to prison, until trump pardoned him?

Nope I don't have a dog in the political race. I don't like them all equally! Hows that for equality?:)

Oh, ok, then you have seen some of the world and how hard it can be and only the strong survive, or the lucky ones born with silver spoon in their mouth.
Remember this song it was a little before your time but not alot.

i've seen it all.

Nope I don't have a dog in the political race.

i find that hard to believe; but if true - then you really have no right to complain.

at all.

I don't like them all equally! Hows that for equality?:)

that's sad in my opinion, because you have a false equivalency thinking process going on. as an FYI , i am not a (D) - i am an indie & have voted across the spectrum & i am married (37 yrs next week ) to a (R).

a REAL republican. most of the critters that are in the ' GOP' now are the RINOS.

nobody here has said that.

'scuse me?

' invasion'? wow wow wow.................. you sure shined a light on yerself.

anyhoo ... you don't believe in basic humanity? that's a world away than that diatribe you thought necessary to 'splain.

lol ... you're a trip.

now how old did you say you were?
I believe in basic humanity, so let them use it and pick themselves up brush themselves off in their own nation and invade their politicians instead of others nations.
Now you know you don't ask a lady her age but since I'm not a lady ,I'll give you a hint, very early 70s.

i find that hard to believe; but if true - then you really have no right to complain.

at all.

that's sad in my opinion, because you have a false equivalency thinking process going on. as an FYI , i am not a (D) - i am an indie & have voted across the spectrum & i am married (37 yrs next week ) to a (R).

a REAL republican. most of the critters that are in the ' GOP' now are the RINOS.

You mean because I'm not foolish enough to think they are not all the same and its like a damn game of musical chairs every 8 years I can make a difference.
I'm not a real fan of Geroge Carlon the cusser but then I do agree with his political stance,
"It'big fat club $%$$#!$% and you^%@ ain't in it!"

If profane lango bothers you, you don't want to watch the video below,

Maybe Guthries father was living above his means. I have had to downgrade myself over the years especially when raising my kids. Lived in low income hoods with some questionable neighbor's but I worked myself out. Time!

I think that was during the Depression, not a lot of protections.

You do know that ghettos form when people didn't protect their communities, didn't you?
I'm probably older than you and have seen it happen far too often. I lived in a bad place because of a bad choice I made but I wised up and worked my way out.

Poverty will either kill you or make you stronger. It made me stronger and a strong desire to never be in it again. I was embarrassed to wear short sleeves because my arms were so muscular from assembly line work, cut off my pretty long hair. I could have shacked up with a man but I didn't think that was right,especially in front of my kids.
I agree today is much different but we're talking about the early 70s. I feel sorry for people who worked just to be put out of their homes and money doesn't go far.

You sound like you have had an interesting life!

Back to music, music transcends politics!

Do you know either of these? They never fail to move me…

You sound like you have had an interesting life!

Do you know either of these? They never fail to move me…

Your Ryan Adams song reminds me of this song below, not sure what clown put up lyrics but ,

I think that was during the Depression, not a lot of protections.

In that case guess he was just another person born too late or too early. That was a bad time as if they needed more crapola here comes The Dust Bowl.

it shirley does; music ... not only is the universal language ...

images

however - this being a thread about political songs, i'll continue with that theme....

Forum List

Back