Political science professor forecasts Trump as general election winner (Trump 54%-Clinton 45%)

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Democrats are whistling passed the graveyard with their predictions of Hillary's inevitable victory:

This forecast was made using the electoral cycle model, which studies a pattern of voting in the presidential election that makes it less likely for an incumbent party to hold the presidency after two terms in office. The model does not assume who would be the party nominees or the conditions of the country at the time.

“You think ‘This is crazy. How can anything come up with something like that?’ ” Norpoth said “But that’s exactly the kind of equation I used to predict Bill Clinton winning in ‘96, that I used to predict that George Bush would win in 2004, and, as you remember four years ago, that Obama would win in 2012.”

Norpoth then added data from the New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries to narrow down the forecast to specific candidates. As he brought up the first slide with matchup results, the silence was broken by muttering from the audience.

“Trump beats Hillary 54.7 percent to 45.3 percent [of the popular vote]. This is almost too much to believe.” Norpoth said, with a few members of the audience laughing nervously. “The probability of that [outcome] is almost complete certainty, 97 percent. It’s almost ‘Take it to the bank.’ ”

Big deal ...I predicted Clinton, Bush and Obama without a model

DemonRat VP

Julian Castro 5/2
Cory Booker 14/1
Hillary Clinton 25/1
Tim Kaine 5/1
Martin O'Malley 14/1
John Kerry 25/1
Tom Perez 7/1
Bernie Sanders 16/1
Ron Wyden 40/1
Elizabeth Warren 7/1
Joe Biden 16/1
Bill Clinton 66/1
Sherrod Brown 10/1
Brian Schweitzer 16/1
Anna Wintour 150/1
John Hickenlooper 14/1
Evan Bayh 18/1

PUBE VP (anybody want to ride Sarah P. around at 33:1?)

John Kasich 5/2
Rob Portman 14/1
Condoleezza Rice 33/1
Chris Christie 11/4
Newt Gingrich 14/1
Mitt Romney 33/1
Nikki Haley 5/1
Susana Martinez 16/1
Sarah Palin 33/1
Marco Rubio 6/1
Joe Scarborough 16/1
Scott Walker 33/1
Ted Cruz 10/1
Rudy Giuliani 20/1
Bobby Jindal 40/1
Ben Carson 10/1
John Thune 25/1
Donald Trump 40/1
Carly Fiorina 14/1
Mike Pence 25/1
Rand Paul 50/1
Lindsey Graham 14/1
Paul Ryan 25/1

Those with inside knowledge at FBI..........could bet T-rump 3:1 now.
We could bet T-rump right now at about 3:1. I think this site is open to any and all..........? few Quid mates?

PUBE VP (anybody want to ride Sarah P. around at 33:1?)

John Kasich 5/2
Rob Portman 14/1
Condoleezza Rice 33/1
Chris Christie 11/4
Newt Gingrich 14/1
Mitt Romney 33/1
Nikki Haley 5/1
Susana Martinez 16/1
Sarah Palin 33/1
Marco Rubio 6/1
Joe Scarborough 16/1
Scott Walker 33/1
Ted Cruz 10/1
Rudy Giuliani 20/1
Bobby Jindal 40/1
Ben Carson 10/1
John Thune 25/1
Donald Trump 40/1
Carly Fiorina 14/1
Mike Pence 25/1
Rand Paul 50/1
Lindsey Graham 14/1
Paul Ryan 25/1

My shares on predictit.org for Trump have gone from $0.41 to $0.64. However, my shares for a GOP win have gone from $0.40 to $0.32

I knew it last July.

More July 28, 2015 9:50am EDT July 28, 2015 9:50am EDT While polls indicate Donald Trump has a neck in front in the ... Trump, at 8-to-1 odds, is now the fourth betting choice to win the GOP nom for the 2016 Election, ... Last month, Trump was considered a 33-to-1 longshot. ... Odds to win 2016 U.S. Presidential Election*.

Those with inside knowledge at FBI..........could bet T-rump 3:1 now.
We could bet T-rump right now at about 3:1. I think this site is open to any and all..........? few Quid mates?

You can bet on Trump winning here:

predictit.org

Democrats are whistling passed the graveyard with their predictions of Hillary's inevitable victory:

This forecast was made using the electoral cycle model, which studies a pattern of voting in the presidential election that makes it less likely for an incumbent party to hold the presidency after two terms in office. The model does not assume who would be the party nominees or the conditions of the country at the time.

“You think ‘This is crazy. How can anything come up with something like that?’ ” Norpoth said “But that’s exactly the kind of equation I used to predict Bill Clinton winning in ‘96, that I used to predict that George Bush would win in 2004, and, as you remember four years ago, that Obama would win in 2012.”

Norpoth then added data from the New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries to narrow down the forecast to specific candidates. As he brought up the first slide with matchup results, the silence was broken by muttering from the audience.

“Trump beats Hillary 54.7 percent to 45.3 percent [of the popular vote]. This is almost too much to believe.” Norpoth said, with a few members of the audience laughing nervously. “The probability of that [outcome] is almost complete certainty, 97 percent. It’s almost ‘Take it to the bank.’ ”

I hope he is right... perhaps we can put the american communism behind for good.

2012...remember?

University of Colorado prediction model points to big Romney win

A presidential election prediction model developed by two University of Colorado professors points to a big win for GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney in November.

The model, the only of its kind to use more than one state-level economic indicator, has correctly predicted the winner of every presidential election since 1980.

Read more: University of Colorado prediction model points to big Romney win

lol, I remember well how the RWnuts made asses of themselves over that one.

Forum List

Back