Political Anger Rising with Obama Regime

Just because political anger is up around the country doesn't mean it's all directed towards the Obama Administration.
A closer look at most of these polls show you're right. Most of the "political anger" is directed at Congress, where it should be. And has been for many years.

Only Congress could have a lower approval rating than Booooosh, and they did and still do. Consistently.

More people should realize that a POTUS has very little real power, and stop blaming him/her for everything bad, and giving sole credit when it's all good.

Bush was constantly knuckling under to Democrats, trying to work with them. That was also teh case with the drug benefit for Medicaid. Thats why the conservatives grew to dislike him.
YEP. And why John McCain LOST. He was NO Conservative.
McCain lost because he ran by far the most horrid, chaotic, disorganized Presidential campaign in the history of mankind.

I said it then and still say so -- if McCain's running of his campaign was an example of his executive skills, I don't want him anywhere near the Oval office.

That's why he didn't get my vote.

Bush was constantly knuckling under to Democrats, trying to work with them. That was also teh case with the drug benefit for Medicaid. Thats why the conservatives grew to dislike him.
McCain lost because he ran by far the most horrid, chaotic, disorganized Presidential campaign in the history of mankind.

I said it then and still say so -- if McCain's running of his campaign was an example of his executive skills, I don't want him anywhere near the Oval office.

Actually he ran a pretty good campaign. In Jan before the election he was out of money and declared dead by the pundits. And then he came back and won the nomination.
He would probably be POTUS today if the economy hadn't gone bad. He was gaining on Obama in every poll. But his worst area is economics and he showed it every day. In the end his proposals weren't much different from Obama's.

Actually he ran a pretty good campaign. In Jan before the election he was out of money and declared dead by the pundits. And then he came back and won the nomination.
He would probably be POTUS today if the economy hadn't gone bad. He was gaining on Obama in every poll. But his worst area is economics and he showed it every day. In the end his proposals weren't much different from Obama's.

He had worse problems. His stance on Immigration was a huge factor, and lest we forget McCain Feingold that also sewed his defeat?

He had worse problems. His stance on Immigration was a huge factor, and lest we forget McCain Feingold that also sewed his defeat?
Immigration was a non-issue. It is the rightwing's gun control, a loser. If it were really that great, Tom Tancredo would be president, instead of the has-been he is.
Yeah, he was never the darling of the right. Which makes it ironic that the Dems all portrayed him that way. He was teh Republican that most Democrats would vote for.

Just because political anger is up around the country doesn't mean it's all directed towards the Obama Administration.

Therefore, this thread fails and deserves the Lame Zone treatment.

It's directed against Obama, the congress, the senate and the extreme left liberal agendas that they are pushing on a country whose citizens are RIGHT to center. There's your anger. We don't want it. We don't need it. We don't want to pay for stuff we don't think we need or want.

He ran a horrendous, horrible campaign. The economy? This IDIOT "suspended" his campaign to go to Washington to "address the crisis" and all he did was sit there and be a yes man. He lost the election right then and there.

I thought I mostly said that.
You mostly said he "ran a pretty good" campaign. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The "economy crashing" didn't cost him the election. His IDIOTIC handling of it did. And that came from his IDIOTIC handling of his entire campaign.

You mostly said he "ran a pretty good" campaign. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The "economy crashing" didn't cost him the election. His IDIOTIC handling of it did. And that came from his IDIOTIC handling of his entire campaign.

OK, so why was every poll showing him gaining on if not exceeding Obama up until the economic crisis?

OK, so why was every poll showing him gaining on if not exceeding Obama up until the economic crisis?
Because of the IDIOTIC way he handled it. NOT because of it.

Subtle difference.

Had he NOT said he was suspending his campaign, then gone to Washington anyway and fought the stimulus, he might well would have won. Instead, he came across as a limpwristic yes man, instead of the "maverick" he was trying to portray himself as.

And if he hadn't suspended the campaign he would have been portrayed as disconnected and uncaring.
It was a no-win.
I got turned off during teh debate when I couldn't tell much difference between the two. It went double when I head Palin talk about "greedy Wall Street bankers."

And the wierdos chatter wierdly to each other in wierdworld.

The only anger is among the uninformed far rightwingtoid anti-government strange libertards.

And if he hadn't suspended the campaign he would have been portrayed as disconnected and uncaring.
It was a no-win.
But that wouldn't have sold. He turned it into a "no win" by making all this bluster about how he was gonna tell 'em off, then just going in there and doing nothing except going along with them. He had a chance to SHOW us some change, some difference between he and Bush and Obama, and couldn't make himself do it.
I got turned off during teh debate when I couldn't tell much difference between the two. It went double when I head Palin talk about "greedy Wall Street bankers."
Bingo.

It was a no-win.
But that wouldn't have sold. He turned it into a "no win" by making all this bluster about how he was gonna tell 'em off, then just going in there and doing nothing except going along with them. He had a chance to SHOW us some change, some difference between he and Bush and Obama, and couldn't make himself do it.
Bingo.

Yeah. If he had gone in and said "look, we need to let the market do all this for us" he would have picked up a lot of support.
But instead he just tried to be Mr Bipartisan, pretty much assuring a kick in the pants by the press.
As I said, McCain's greatest weakness was/is economics. His greatest strength is foreign policy. If the election were decided based on that, he would have won. Obama simply lucked out.
Or maybe he didnt. We'll see how this presidency ends. I think he'll end up like Carter, trying to redeem it 30 years later.

Still chattering. You got to what you want done, bub. Stop chattering and start substantiating.

Forum List

Back