Police thwart New York terror attack - suspects in custody

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/brian-colaneri-andrew-crysel-vincent-vetromile/

Three New York men and a 16-year-old boy have been arrested in a plot to attack a Muslim community with explosive devices. Brian Colaneri, Vincent Vetromile and Andrew Crysel, ages 20, 19 and 18 respectively, were arrested on weapons and conspiracy charges, authorities announced on January 22.

The three men and the 16-year-old, who is not being identified because he is facing unspecified juvenile charges, are all from the Rochester, New York, area, Monroe County authorities said at a press conference. They were planning to bomb the community of Islamberg, a hamlet of Tompkins in Delaware County, New York, near Binghamton. Police began investigating the men and teen after the 16-year-old made a comment about a school shooting to a classmate at Greece Odyssey Academy.

According to police, three of the four suspects knew each other through Boy Scouts. Two are Eagle Scouts. The three men also all attended Monroe County Community College in recent years.

They all look a bit like the odd kid in class. I dont think that the Boy Scouts give out a bombing badge but Im not convinced that they cant be straightened out given some help and support in jail. Sad how right wing extremists prey on the more vulnerable in our society.

This is terrible news.

We know the police are a part of government.

The Trumpers want to destroy government.

We know the Trumpers don't trust government so, why would the Trumpers trust a government entity, the police?

The police should stop arresting people then the Trumpers would be happy.

This is terrible news.

We know the Trumpers don't trust government so, why would the Trumpers trust a government entity, the police?

crysad.jpg

Sadder still how some ignore the hundreds of terror attacks by Islam, both foiled and actually committed, every year to
fixate on a very small handful of "right wing extremists". Islamic Attacks on America

Your agenda is showing and it's ugly and counterproductive.

Why stop them? Until "moderate" muslims realize their silence on jihadists only encourages more terrorism, let them understand they can be also be attacked. We've been waiting for over 20 years for them to turn in known radicals amongst them but they never do....so, a wake-up call is in order.

This is terrible news.

Proof that laptops are allowed in mental institutions.

Three New York men and a 16-year-old boy have been arrested in a plot to attack a Muslim community with explosive devices. Brian Colaneri, Vincent Vetromile and Andrew Crysel, ages 20, 19 and 18 respectively, were arrested on weapons and conspiracy charges, authorities announced on January 22.

The three men and the 16-year-old, who is not being identified because he is facing unspecified juvenile charges, are all from the Rochester, New York, area, Monroe County authorities said at a press conference. They were planning to bomb the community of Islamberg, a hamlet of Tompkins in Delaware County, New York, near Binghamton. Police began investigating the men and teen after the 16-year-old made a comment about a school shooting to a classmate at Greece Odyssey Academy.

According to police, three of the four suspects knew each other through Boy Scouts. Two are Eagle Scouts. The three men also all attended Monroe County Community College in recent years.

They all look a bit like the odd kid in class. I dont think that the Boy Scouts give out a bombing badge but Im not convinced that they cant be straightened out given some help and support in jail. Sad how right wing extremists prey on the more vulnerable in our society.
They must be mentally ill.....and/or INCEL.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm glad they caught them, though.

Rochester used to be one of the friendliest cities in the country. It was a great place to grow up (yeah, that was a long time ago) and all in all most of the people there are still a pretty good bunch to live around. But things have really gone down the crapper there; radicals and gangs have been increasing for a couple decades now, giving the whole area a bad name. Maybe it has to do with the big corporations moving out, like Xerox, and Kodak folding.

Binghamton, btw, is nowhere near Rochester--it is on the Pennsylvania border.

The problem is that what’s considered to be rightwing ‘extremism,’ isn’t – that an unwarranted hostility toward Muslims is common to most on the right.

That’s not to say most conservatives advocate for direct violence against Muslim Americans, but the right’s rhetoric hostile toward Muslims certainly creates a toxic environment which facilitates some conservatives to indeed commit violent acts against Muslims.

In fact, we see proof of that on this very forum, where many on the right are attempting to propagate the lie that Islam is the ‘same’ as white supremacist and other rightwing hate groups.

Why stop them? Until "moderate" muslims realize their silence on jihadists only encourages more terrorism, let them understand they can be also be attacked. We've been waiting for over 20 years for them to turn in known radicals amongst them but they never do....so, a wake-up call is in order.
Fascinating.....chalk one USMB board member in support of terrorism.

The problem is that what’s considered to be rightwing ‘extremism,’ isn’t – that an unwarranted hostility toward Muslims is common to most on the right.

That’s not to say most conservatives advocate for direct violence against Muslim Americans, but the right’s rhetoric hostile toward Muslims certainly creates a toxic environment which facilitates some conservatives to indeed commit violent acts against Muslims.

In fact, we see proof of that on this very forum, where many on the right are attempting to propagate the lie that Islam is the ‘same’ as white supremacist and other rightwing hate groups.
Well, they are right in one thing....extremist muslims are far rightwing.

They are already on this thread.

ADL Report: Right-Wingers Committed Every 2018 Extremist Murder In US
Really? Every murder? Police: Accused killer wanted to join ISIS

:113: I had no idea. I found this in about thirty seconds. I suspect if I wasn't going out I could find many more.
But suffice it to say your link is filled with shit, just like the ADL and every clown with a keyboard who looks at the relative speck of right wing killers and ignores the stone in his eye of Muslim terrorism in general. FOS...full of shit.

As soon as I saw who the OP is I knew it would be another one of those attempts to qualify Muslim mass murder by some lame moral equivalency routine using non-left white people.
The OP is a phony and a bigot. Observation.

On the contrary Islamic terrorism is much much worse than rightwing hate because it is so much more plentiful, global in nature and there are entire nations and regions of the world where it predominates.

Show me one single country where abortion is not allowed, minorities are attacked, Jews are persecuted or other religions are aside from Islamic nations of course.

The right wing boogie man is a straw man and it's always wheeled out by leftists trying to deflect attention from the world wide phenomenon of fundamentalist Islam. And it always fails to convince.

Then go do it yourself, pussy.

Fascinating.....chalk one USMB board member in support of terrorism.

Wrong....terrorism is the indiscriminate use of lethal means to achieve an ideological goal. I have no problem delivering lethal means on specific targets who intend harm to the public...In other words a preemptive strike to stop a terrorist action before it can take place. It's an acceptable means of self-defense and been practiced for centuries all over the world.

Believe me, I have....all legal according to the UCMJ, ya smelly pile of dog shit.

Further, if residents in a neighborhood are convinced there are terrorists operating out of a local residence, why should they wait for our gutless FBI to take action? That could take a year the way those clowns operate. Do your recon, make sure what's going on, and act.

Believe me, I have....all legal according to the UCMJ, ya smelly pile of dog shit.
Well, while serving food to troops is a contribution, you were prattling on about vigilantiism. And at no point will your ass cash the checks your mouth writes.

Forum List

Back