Police Officer Fired For Donating $25 To Kyle Rittenhouse

Did no one actually read the article? The officer used an official email, not a private one. I can't say what the reaction might have been had this been done entirely outside of his job, but he used a city email to make the donation.

The punishment may be an overreaction, but the use of a city email to make the donation certainly does make this work-related. :dunno:

Did no one actually read the article? The officer used an official email, not a private one. I can't say what the reaction might have been had this been done entirely outside of his job, but he used a city email to make the donation.

The punishment may be an overreaction, but the use of a city email to make the donation certainly does make this work-related. :dunno:

This. ^^^^^

Of course it was. Anything you do outside of the office reflects on the office.
Disagree that the totalitarian view.

It is the case for the Military. It is the case for corporations. My own employer has it in the policy book. Bringing discredit or embarrassment on the company.

And why not? How many times have we seen it play out where the employee brings problems to the company?

Now this sounds a little extreme. But I suspect there will be more to the story.

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire
you if it makes them look bad.

The Party decides what's right!

No, the employer decides if the employees activities will cost them business and reputation. If it does...c'ya! :)
Sorry, there's consequences for every action. Again, feel free to speak your mind. But don't be surprised if it
bites you in the ass!

If you characters had ever had employment contracts then you would know that these clauses are pretty standard and are there to protect the employer. The police should not be supporting murderers. It is bad for business. I cant make it any simpler for you.

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire
i wonder if anyone in the Norfolk PD has donated to the Democrat Party or Black Lies Matter?

Chances are that some have and they should be fired too

I don't think it was the donation that got him fired but his comment.

"God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank and file police officer supports you," the message continued. "Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership."

And yet you support ass clown sports players that kneel during the National Anthem and piss on our flag. They make our nation look bad.

You leftists just can't help but fall flat on your faces without putting on display your epic hypocrisy.
As opposed to those who torn down the American flag at the Capitol and ran up a "trump" flag....and using other American flags on poles to attack and injure police officers.....................?

I don't think it was the donation that got him fired but his comment.

"God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank and file police officer supports you," the message continued. "Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership."

Yea I doubt he would have been fired if he would just make a private donation.

And yet you support ass clown sports players that kneel during the National Anthem and piss on our flag. They make our nation look bad.

You leftists just can't help but fall flat on your faces without putting on display your epic hypocrisy.

Kneeling is a sign of respect and not one NFL player has pissed on the flag. What does the Constitution say about kneeling during the rendition of the National Anthem before an event?

Pretty sure it's the murdering of people who are running away that makes us look bad, not some overpaid athlete kneeling during the ceremony.

The department needs the fuck sued out of them.

Let's make it happen.

He acted as a representative of the police and was fired for his poor performance. There is no case.

He stated his opinion as a private citizen. The Reich controlled department violated his constitutional rights. I don't know if Lieutenants in that department are Union Members, but if they are, that is yet another avenue.

The decent people in America must push the Reich back. Lawfare is a critical weapon in fighting the Reich.

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
. . . and, still, should not have been executed.

Don't recall saying they should have been.

Let's make it happen.

He acted as a representative of the police and was fired for his poor performance. There is no case.

He stated his opinion as a private citizen.

He holds a leadership position, used official email to make donation and spoke publicly for "all cops".

What the hell else would he have to do to get fired by his superiors that feel he has misrepresented the police?

Let's make it happen.

He stated his opinion as a private citizen.

He holds a leadership position, used official email to make donation and spoke publicly for "all cops". What the hell else would he have to do to get fired by his superiors that feel he has misrepresented the police?
Ah...some sanity. Thank you.

Forum List

Back