Police Officer Fired For Donating $25 To Kyle Rittenhouse

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
Is DEATH ON SIGHT the proscribed punishment for having a criminal record?

Funny, all these faux abuse cases have one thing in common. Thug scum resisting arrest. Our overcrowded prison system proves it is entirely possible to be arrested without dying, yet these imbeciles all seem to somehow screw that up. Suicide by cop is not really a cop problem, its a thug problem.

It’s acceptable because the fascists are in total control of the country.

Yep, the city manager in Brooklyn Center was fired for merely mentioning due process and one of the city council members admitted she did so out of fear.

And then this from the shit-head mayor of Brooklyn Center.

If it is so bad in America for blacks then fucking emigrate.

Floyd and Wright both had criminal records...didn't they ?
Is DEATH ON SIGHT the proscribed punishment for having a criminal record?
What about Ashly Babbit? What was her criminal record?

If it were a contribution to an anti-Constitutional cause, it would be justified. If it is merely a contribution to legal defense for an accused citizen, it seems excessive and actionable.
No, it would not.

The ability to practice your freedoms, rights or actions are not mitigated by who may or may not agree with them.

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

It seems the Guardian was the one who traced the e-mails back to the donators.

This is acceptable....why ?
The lieutenant did something both foolish and knowingly against what was clearly stated city and department policy. By using his city email to send his message, it gives the appearance of having the 'official' blessing of the Norfolk, VA police department, which clearly did not approve it.

I also have a work email, and everyone at work knows that the email is for official business ONLY. In addition, everyone at work knows that your outgoing and incoming emails are not private and can be viewed by supervisors and security. The fact that the email address is for police and government employees makes the transgression worse than it would otherwise be for business employees.
>The lieutenant did something both foolish and knowingly against what was clearly stated city and department policy. By using his city email to send his message, it gives the appearance of having the 'official' blessing of the Norfolk, VA police department, which clearly did not approve it.

No.

The email address was not supposed to be publicly viewable; it was hacked. There was no appearance to the public that the opinion was blessed by the Norfolk Police Dept.

It was an anonymous donation...

You actually think it's just to fire a cop because he used his work email to register an account at the donation site? Goodness grief.

He was fired for "eroding public trust." That's complete BS. It's a wrongful termination.

The lieutenant should have used his own private email and done it from home. While the donation may have been anonymous, the email address was not anonymous. The message he included made matters worse because it undermined the authority of the state of WI by casting doubt on their authority to prosecute Rittenhouse.

Conservatives used to talk about accountability, but it always seems that they want exceptions for themselves. My bet is that there is an automatic posting on every email that states that it is to be used for official gov't business only.

Let him sue. The chances are good that it will be thrown out of court. But if it goes to trial, he'll lose, and he'll be on the hook for court costs.

I'm pretty sure the city is not going to relent and say, "Oh, we're sorry. While thousands of other gov't employees are complying with this policy, you can just do whatever you damn well please,"

Last edited:
Those here supporting privately, secretly donating and giving encouragement is friable are only doing so because he was not supporting the sacred cow, BLM.

When cops support BLM openly then it is just fine. When they openly kneel in supplication while in uniform, that is to be lauded.

There has to be more to the story. I can't believe he would not be able to sue and clean up after this.

The lieutenant did something both foolish and knowingly against what was clearly stated city and department policy. By using his city email to send his message, it gives the appearance of having the 'official' blessing of the Norfolk, VA police department, which clearly did not approve it.

I also have a work email, and everyone at work knows that the email is for official business ONLY. In addition, everyone at work knows that your outgoing and incoming emails are not private and can be viewed by supervisors and security. The fact that the email address is for police and government employees makes the transgression worse than it would otherwise be for business employees.
>The lieutenant did something both foolish and knowingly against what was clearly stated city and department policy. By using his city email to send his message, it gives the appearance of having the 'official' blessing of the Norfolk, VA police department, which clearly did not approve it.

No.

The email address was not supposed to be publicly viewable; it was hacked. There was no appearance to the public that the opinion was blessed by the Norfolk Police Dept.

You actually think it's just to fire a cop because he used his work email to register an account at the donation site? Goodness grief.

He was fired for "eroding public trust." That's complete BS. It's a wrongful termination.

The lieutenant should have used his own private email and done it from home. While the donation may have been anonymous, the email address was not anonymous. The message he included made matters worse because it undermined the authority of the state of WI by casting doubt on their authority to prosecute Rittenhouse.

Conservatives used to talk about accountability, but it always seems that they want exceptions for themselves. My bet is that there is an automatic posting on every email that states that it is to be used for official gov't business only.

Let him sue. The chances are good that it will be thrown out of court. But if it goes to trial, he'll lose, and he'll be on the hook for court costs.

I'm pretty sure the city is not going to relent and say, "Oh, we're sorry. While thousands of other gov't employees are complying with this policy, you can just do whatever you damn please,"

My bet
Democrat NAZIs will always find a way to excuse their blatant partisan persecution of those who don't support their agenda.

So you believe the police can shoot anyone committing a crime? George Floyd was committing a crime, including resisting arrest.

You're a fucking moron.
George Floyd was not in the process of committing any crimes nor was he resisting arrest when he was essentially tortured to death by that unhinged, sadistic & racist son-of-bitch Chauvin, this is why a jury of 12 of his peers convicted him of 2nd & 3rd degree murder, w/a manslaughter conviction for good measure.

You are a proven liar, but that's old news.

^^ don’t you just love these hypocrites? OMG we must fire a police officer for using his email when donating to a cause. Yet Hillary Clinton can use email in an illegal manner with classified information and she is never held accountable. Rules for thee, and not for the Elite.

So you believe the police can shoot anyone committing a crime? George Floyd was committing a crime, including resisting arrest.

You're a fucking moron.
George Floyd was not in the process of committing any crimes nor was he resisting arrest when he was essentially tortured to death by that unhinged, sadistic & racist son-of-bitch Chauvin, this is why a jury of 12 of his peers convicted him of 2nd & 3rd degree murder, w/a manslaughter conviction for good measure.

You are a proven liar, but that's old news.
Of course he was committing crimes. He tried to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. He was high on illegal drugs. He was resisting arrest. If a police officer tells you to get in his squad car and you do not comply, then you are resisting arrest.

The jury convicted him only because they were afraid they would become the target of mob violence.

You are the forum's biggest dumb fuck.

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire
you if it makes them look bad.

Wait are you saying employers have a right to fire people over their lawful actions on their own time? Do you also think employers have a right to full access of the private lives of their employees, texts messages, social media post, where they go and what they do and who they associate with?

Yes. Regardless of your opinion, your actions reflect on the company you work for whether they are performed in or away from work. There's no written law that says an employer can't fire you if you make them look bad. IE..bad publicity, affect company income or profits, cause them to lose customers. In fact, just the opposite. They can terminate you for just about anything for any reason. You can thank Republicans for that. :)
And employers can be sued for wrongful termination too.

During the hiring process, it's standard procedure for employers to notify (in writing) their employees what is required of them while on the job and what is prohibited. The employee is given a sheet of paper with the list and is required to sign (or initial) that they understand. Then that paper is placed in their employee file.

Like I say, let him sue. He will lose.

If it were a contribution to an anti-Constitutional cause, it would be justified. If it is merely a contribution to legal defense for an accused citizen, it seems excessive and actionable.
No, it would not.

The ability to practice your freedoms, rights or actions are not mitigated by who may or may not agree with them.
As a police officer, he is sworn to uphold the Constitution. Attacking the Constitution would nullify his oath and his employment.
It seems he did not use the proper channels for his contribution, and that may change the conclusion my previous post inferred.

So what? A lieutenant is supposed to be a position of leadership and authority. And he goes and donates to the defense of a young man who not only took the law into his own hands, he went looking to kill someone.
Seems like an appropriate punishment. He should never be allowed to carry a badge and gun again.

I'll say it one more time. You have the right to say or do anything you want on your own time. However, that does not mean your employer can't fire
you if it makes them look bad.

Wait are you saying employers have a right to fire people over their lawful actions on their own time? Do you also think employers have a right to full access of the private lives of their employees, texts messages, social media post, where they go and what they do and who they associate with?

Yes. Regardless of your opinion, your actions reflect on the company you work for whether they are performed in or away from work. There's no written law that says an employer can't fire you if you make them look bad. IE..bad publicity, affect company income or profits, cause them to lose customers. In fact, just the opposite. They can terminate you for just about anything for any reason. You can thank Republicans for that. :)
And employers can be sued for wrongful termination too.

During the hiring process, it's standard procedure for employers to notify (in writing) their employees what is required of them while on the job and what is prohibited. The employee is given a sheet of paper with the list and is required to sign (or initial) that they understand. Then that paper is placed in their employee file.

Like I say, let him sue. He will lose.

Not only that, but for public employees they often have to under go "ethics training" and such as well as part of the job at intervals. It was probably a dumb mistake, but a costly one in that it could affect the appearance of impartiality - he should have known.

No.

I'm pretty sure the city is not going to relent and say, "Oh, we're sorry. While thousands of other gov't employees are complying with this policy, you can just do whatever you damn please,"
Huh? Whomever I donate to is my business not the Gestapo's.

No.

I never made any comment about his right to donate money to any cause he so pleases.

No.

I never made any comment about his right to donate money to any cause he so pleases.
Well you listed specific conditions to make it "acceptable" or maybe you meant undetected what's the difference?

Forum List

Back