Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

Does anybody in their right mind think that Police won't fire at a stolen car injuring a Police Officer and failing to stop? It's a shame that some people are too stoned or too stupid to understand.

Does anybody in their right mind not see that that entire story came from the same entity that did the shooting and therefore might have an interest in how that storyline goes? And you wanna talk "stupid"?? HELLO?

So you're saying the cops just started shooting for no reason?
Maybe they wanted to kill her. Typically thats the rule when shooting.

The eyewitness said, due to the shooting, Jessica was not in control of the car when it hit the officer.

This is very significant right now. Like the article says, if true it doesn't on it's own mean the cops are guilty of wrongdoing - the car was still registered as stolen - but it would demand some kind of response. Changes to police training?

Of course, it also would mean police consciously changed the story to protect themselves, but I doubt we'd see much significance attached to that by the media.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

You ruin the entirety of your argument with your last sentence. NO ONE was punished in this case.

Not "punished" in the sense of intent, I'd agree. I don't think they set out to execute. I think they overreacted. That same base mentality again, that thinking that the way to deal with every situation is to overpower it with sheer force --- which in 'Merca usually means guns a-blazin'. When you lock yourself in that cage you severely limit your own options. Creativity is a lost art.

I agree with you. As i've said, in over 20 years as an MP, I never drew my weapon on a suspect, and I faced some pretty dangerous situations at times.

I'm merely saying that everytime something like this happens we see posters screaming stupid shit like " the punishment for robbery isn't the death penalty" when in fact the death was not a punishment of any kind.
Yeah, but really that's just a phrase meaning, how about we catch the criminals and have a court trial, versus killing them and skipping the whole trial phase.

Tazers? No!
Hands? No!
We will kill every man which breaks the law, because we can!
Really, it seems like now logic of all cops looks like this!
it will be okay if these people were 6feet thugs, but kids...

The eyewitness said, due to the shooting, Jessica was not in control of the car when it hit the officer.

This is very significant right now. Like the article says, if true it doesn't on it's own mean the cops are guilty of wrongdoing - the car was still registered as stolen - but it would demand some kind of response. Changes to police training?

Of course, it also would mean police consciously changed the story to protect themselves, but I doubt we'd see much significance attached to that by the media.

And that's why this version passes the smell test better than theirs does. The dead girl has no more to lose.

IF the driver hit a cop, then the shooting was self-defense. Are there any witnesses to support the story of the cop?
I'd like to see the physical evidence, E.G. what sort of injury did the police officer get that shot at the girl four times through her window? Where did she get hit? What distance was traveled by the car from the first to last shot?

How could they know it was a teenage girl...driving the car coming towards them...at night...in an alley???? Are you that dumb??

I see, so you already tried, judged, convicted, sentenced, and put this girl to death in your mind and you are good with that cause the cops had no idea what they were doing. All they knew is the car might be stolen.. so they had to kill the driver.

No....the car being stolen was the reason they approached. The driver using that car as a potentially deadly weapon to drive at them in a dark alley...is why they defended their own lives.

What would you do in an alley with a car coming at you? Try to jump over it? Out run it? Thats Hollywood nonsense.
Link? I've not seen any evidence that they shot responsive to her "coming at them." What I heard is they came from behind the car with one yelling "freeze" and the other shooting. From the pic with the car turned into the fence it's pretty obvious she probably rolled the car into the fence after getting shot. The cop was on the left of the car and got pinned on the fence when the car rolled into the fence. What's the injury?

Oh ok....so when the evidence comes out I assume the shots will.be coming from the back of the car and to.the drivers back....not the front...right? Wanna make a bet?
My bet would be through the drivers side window. Angle? Somewhere between 45 degrees to the front and 45 degrees to the back. Speed of the car when he started shooting? maybe 2-5mph. Otherwise there's just no easy physics for he got pinned by the side of the car on the fence vs rammed by the cars front bumper.

Because that car was packed with teenagers (5 total) and only one was shot, it's most likely to me that he fired from a little behind the window, in which case any misses would have hit the windshield.

If he was at point black, though, he may have been firing a little down at her, making that angle less of a factor in regard to the passengers...

I'd like to see the physical evidence, E.G. what sort of injury did the police officer get that shot at the girl four times through her window? Where did she get hit? What distance was traveled by the car from the first to last shot?

That would not determine if the cop was hit AFTER he shot the girl. The question here is whether he shot in response to a threat on his life?

I'm guessing the medical examiners that treated his injury might be able to corroborate their story.
How would they do that if they werent there?

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.
Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

You'll get no sympathy from me when it comes to thieves.
Oh, yea. Typical RW conservative response: stealing a car warrants the death penalty. Like in the old west when stealing cattle or a horse led to being lynched. Cool.

For the justice system to work in the manner you wish it to, the criminal must surrender.

What part of that is impossible to understand

That would not determine if the cop was hit AFTER he shot the girl. The question here is whether he shot in response to a threat on his life?

The threat to his life can happen before being struck

Waiting to get run over is just plain stupid

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

You ruin the entirety of your argument with your last sentence. NO ONE was punished in this case.

Not "punished" in the sense of intent, I'd agree. I don't think they set out to execute. I think they overreacted. That same base mentality again, that thinking that the way to deal with every situation is to overpower it with sheer force --- which in 'Merca usually means guns a-blazin'. When you lock yourself in that cage you severely limit your own options. Creativity is a lost art.

I agree with you. As i've said, in over 20 years as an MP, I never drew my weapon on a suspect, and I faced some pretty dangerous situations at times.

I'm merely saying that everytime something like this happens we see posters screaming stupid shit like " the punishment for robbery isn't the death penalty" when in fact the death was not a punishment of any kind.
Yeah, but really that's just a phrase meaning, how about we catch the criminals and have a court trial, versus killing them and skipping the whole trial phase.

again. STUPID. these people were not punished sans trial, they were killed in the course of an attempt to apprehend them.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

The stealing of the car wasn't why they fired. It wasn't because she was a girl (stupidity of the Girls Lives Matter) and it wasn't because she was Hispanic.

She was in a stolen car that just ran into a officer. A car can easily be used as a deadly weapon! That is why she was shot. It's unfortunate, but I don't see how the cops were in the wrong. Even if the car didn't hit a cop, use of deadly force was warranted!

Um the driver actually hit a cop with the car and he went to the hospital. A car is easily as deadly if not more than a gun!

Let me guess. The police are the ones saying she drove into the cops?

So are witnesses, but don't let your hatred of this country get in the way of the facts!

The driver should wait until
One becomes available?

These stories tend to evolve. More often than not, the claims of the police are shown to be incomplete or false.

I don't know what happened in this incident, but I do know that we cannot take the word of the police.

Personally, I assume cops, lawyers, and politicians are pretty much always lying.

Something I find disturbing about the case is what the cops did immediately after. From Police shoot Denver teen who struck officer with stolen car Fox News:

"She seemed like she was not responding, not moving," she said. "They just yanked her out and handcuffed her."

Jessica had up to 4 bullets in her (according to one independent witness) and judging by pictures she seems to have been a tiny person to begin with. She was apparently totally unmoving and bleeding out. Cops have some medical training and supplies. Once they'd seen that this was just a teenage girl, why not do what they could until an ambulance arrived?

Um the driver actually hit a cop with the car and he went to the hospital. A car is easily as deadly if not more than a gun!
Was this before the cops shot at her or AFTER the cops shot at her to kill her, do you know?

Forum List

Back