Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

Here we go. "Should've shot the tires! Should've shot the engine! Should've used a taser! Should've known she was a teen girl!"

Shouldn't have floored it in a stolen car towards cops in a dark alley at night.

Shit amazes me..
The chick made a series of choices that put her where she was that night...everyone of them bad.
Unfortunately her last bad choice got her killed.
It amazes me that people cant see this. It's no different than Mike Browns behavior leading up to his death.

Its a breakdown of social morality.

The haters know that deep down...they're prone to a little "wilding out" and doing some crazy shit that cops may hold them accountable for and they dont like it.

We need to invent a Hindsight App for cops cell phones.

So that when they face a critical split second decision...their phone can go into the future and gather all the facts and opinions of society...then tell the cops all the information that they dont have but dumbasses expect them to know....and use that to make their split second decision.

Or just take their guns and tell them that we demand a few die on duty now and then for the sake of not killing the people committing the violent crime.

How would they do that if they werent there?

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.
Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

You'll get no sympathy from me when it comes to thieves.
Oh, yea. Typical RW conservative response: stealing a car warrants the death penalty. Like in the old west when stealing cattle or a horse led to being lynched. Cool.

As opposed to the typical LW progressive response: Coddle criminals and give them the benefit of the doubt.

The little princess thug was caught red-handed in a stolen vehicle, and tried to run over a police officer. And here you are defending her.

Again -- you only have the word of the police on that, not necessarily a reliable source. The victors write the history book.

But it's instructive to see which of us automatically come out to bow down to authority figures unquestioningly ass-uming supreme infallibility.

Always good to know who the authoritarian sycophants are. Usually the same ones who don't question fake news stories. What a coincidence that is.

What if the driver was a 45 year old white male career felon? Then they'd be ok with it.

Guess cops should ID the driver of the car charging at them to be sure the community will be ok with them defending themselves first.
Chasing after kids on a joy ride and killing them is not "defending" themselves. Getting hit by the car after you kill the driver... that's karma.

How could they know it was a teenage girl...driving the car coming towards them...at night...in an alley???? Are you that dumb??

I see, so you already tried, judged, convicted, sentenced, and put this girl to death in your mind and you are good with that cause the cops had no idea what they were doing. All they knew is the car might be stolen.. so they had to kill the driver.

No....the car being stolen was the reason they approached. The driver using that car as a potentially deadly weapon to drive at them in a dark alley...is why they defended their own lives.

What would you do in an alley with a car coming at you? Try to jump over it? Out run it? Thats Hollywood nonsense.
Link? I've not seen any evidence that they shot responsive to her "coming at them." What I heard is they came from behind the car with one yelling "freeze" and the other shooting. From the pic with the car turned into the fence it's pretty obvious she probably rolled the car into the fence after getting shot. The cop was on the left of the car and got pinned on the fence when the car rolled into the fence. What's the injury?

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.
Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

Oh, yea. Typical RW conservative response: stealing a car warrants the death penalty. Like in the old west when stealing cattle or a horse led to being lynched. Cool.

As opposed to the typical LW progressive response: Coddle criminals and give them the benefit of the doubt.

The little princess thug was caught red-handed in a stolen vehicle, and tried to run over a police officer. And here you are defending her.

Again -- you only have the word of the police on that, not necessarily a reliable source. The victors write the history book.

But it's instructive to see which of us automatically come out to bow down to authority figures unquestioningly ass-uming supreme infallibility.

Always good to know who the authoritarian sycophants are. Usually the same ones who don't question fake news stories. What a coincidence that is.

When one of you clowns find a true case of police misconduct I generally agree with you....this case isn't one of them.

What if the driver was a 45 year old white male career felon? Then they'd be ok with it.

Guess cops should ID the driver of the car charging at them to be sure the community will be ok with them defending themselves first.
Chasing after kids on a joy ride and killing them is not "defending" themselves. Getting hit by the car after you kill the driver... that's karma.

How could they know it was a teenage girl...driving the car coming towards them...at night...in an alley???? Are you that dumb??

I see, so you already tried, judged, convicted, sentenced, and put this girl to death in your mind and you are good with that cause the cops had no idea what they were doing. All they knew is the car might be stolen.. so they had to kill the driver.

No....the car being stolen was the reason they approached. The driver using that car as a potentially deadly weapon to drive at them in a dark alley...is why they defended their own lives.

What would you do in an alley with a car coming at you? Try to jump over it? Out run it? Thats Hollywood nonsense.
Link? I've not seen any evidence that they shot responsive to her "coming at them." What I heard is they came from behind the car with one yelling "freeze" and the other shooting. From the pic with the car turned into the fence it's pretty obvious she probably rolled the car into the fence after getting shot. The cop was on the left of the car and got pinned on the fence when the car rolled into the fence. What's the injury?

Look....I know you are disappointed that the cops weren't hurt worse. But they shoot threats to AVOID their own demise.

So saying that the cop wasnt even hurt that bad as some kind of proof of wrongdoing. ....is pretty stupid. If the car was coming at them...they shot to prevent being run over. Which makes sense....the cop shoots and moves to the side trying to avoid the car. The driver is killed and the car swerves into him.

The cop could've been hit whether he shot at the car or not.

But if you hit the gas and drive at a cop....fuck you. I hope you get shot.

Oh ok....so when the evidence comes out I assume the shots will.be coming from the back of the car and to.the drivers back....not the front...right? Wanna make a bet?

Instead of using the criminal's sex or age as a case for undo sympathy should look at LA's 'girl gang' statistics. On average gangs made up primarily of young women are FAR more violent than their male counterparts. So before saying oh that poor girl, bear in mind she could well have been part of some ultra violent girl gang.

In any event she was a fracking criminal who for the car theft alone could be shot down here in Missouri under our Castle Amendment laws. Don't wanna get shot at by cops or those you're victimizing, don't break the law. Simple.

How do you get "LA girl gang" out of a girl in Denver? Where does the story even indicate that?
Hell of a commute, innit?

OK, then what do you think happened? Two cops just randomly started blasting at a random car full of teenagers one early morning, then they decided to make up a story to cover their asses and fake an injury, knowing that the medics will back up their story by lying about the fake injury as well.

Or they were checking out a vehicle that was reported stolen, and the criminal driver (who we already know isn't very bright since she stole a car), fails to obey the commands of two cops, takes off and hits one, cops fire on the bandit trying to kill them and get away.

Hmmm....what story is more plausible.....

Does anybody in their right mind think that Police won't fire at a stolen car injuring a Police Officer and failing to stop? It's a shame that some people are too stoned or too stupid to understand.

Does anybody in their right mind not see that that entire story came from the same entity that did the shooting and therefore might have an interest in how that storyline goes? And you wanna talk "stupid"?? HELLO?

The girl was "murdered" by the cops. The cop that got hit by the car got hit when the car went out of control because they had just killed the driver.

That ^^ to me makes the most sense. "Sense" in the sense of what actually went down, not in the sense of what should have gone down. All sorts of involuntary movements can happen -- that's the risk you take when your target is at the wheel of a running car.

Does anybody in their right mind think that Police won't fire at a stolen car injuring a Police Officer and failing to stop? It's a shame that some people are too stoned or too stupid to understand.

Does anybody in their right mind not see that that entire story came from the same entity that did the shooting and therefore might have an interest in how that storyline goes? And you wanna talk "stupid"?? HELLO?

So you're saying the cops just started shooting for no reason?

The girl was "murdered" by the cops. The cop that got hit by the car got hit when the car went out of control because they had just killed the driver.

According to a chick riding around in a stolen car that was friends with the dead chick.
Not sure if serious.......:dunno:
Steal car = death sentence. Look at cop wrong = death sentence. Pick up plastic toy at Walmart = death sentence. Being a child in a crib near the front door of a house the cops want to search = death sentence.

And the citizens are the ones that are supposedly deadly with weapons, not the cops.

Text in a theater = death sentence. Play loud music = death sentence. Reach for driver's license on cop's instructions=death sentence.

Killing has become the answer to every situation.

Guns have become the answer to every situation, for sure. Whether it ends in a death or not.

But "we don't live in a gun culture"...

Here we go. "Should've shot the tires! Should've shot the engine! Should've used a taser! Should've known she was a teen girl!"

Shouldn't have floored it in a stolen car towards cops in a dark alley at night.

There's no solid evidence that that's what happened in the first place.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

You ruin the entirety of your argument with your last sentence. NO ONE was punished in this case.

Look....I know you are disappointed that the cops weren't hurt worse. But they shoot threats to AVOID their own demise.

So saying that the cop wasnt even hurt that bad as some kind of proof of wrongdoing. ....is pretty stupid. If the car was coming at them...they shot to prevent being run over. Which makes sense....the cop shoots and moves to the side trying to avoid the car. The driver is killed and the car swerves into him.

The cop could've been hit whether he shot at the car or not.

But if you hit the gas and drive at a cop....fuck you. I hope you get shot.
Listen moron, can I call you moron? Me asking "what's the injury" is not me saying that I'm "disappointed that the cops weren't hurt worse" as you just accused. Only a moron would think that. Further me asking "what's the injury" is not me saying that he "wasnt even hurt that bad" as you also falsely accused. Only a moron would think that.

If the car was coming at them then they were not coming up from behind. Are you saying the guy ran around to the front of the car said freeze and then they hit the gas or some crazy shit like that? What I heard is the four shots were point blank through the driver side window. That places the shooter at the side of the car. Given the pic of the crash that puts the cop that shot the driver at point blank range between the car and the fence. Probably with him walking or running up to the driver to get them to stop. It pretty much makes no sense unless you say ok the car was creeping along with the officers yelling freeze and shooting and after the driver dies the car lurches left at the fence pinning the cop that has just killed the little girl.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

You ruin the entirety of your argument with your last sentence. NO ONE was punished in this case.

Not "punished" in the sense of intent, I'd agree. I don't think they set out to execute. I think they overreacted. That same base mentality again, that thinking that the way to deal with every situation is to overpower it with sheer force --- which in 'Merca usually means quite literally guns a-blazin'. When you lock yourself in that cage you severely limit your own options. Creativity is a lost art.

Last edited:

Oh ok....so when the evidence comes out I assume the shots will.be coming from the back of the car and to.the drivers back....not the front...right? Wanna make a bet?
My bet would be through the drivers side window. Angle? Somewhere between 45 degrees to the front and 45 degrees to the back. Speed of the car when he started shooting? maybe 2-5mph. Otherwise there's just no easy physics for he got pinned by the side of the car on the fence vs rammed by the cars front bumper.

Not "punished" in the sense of intent, I'd agree. I don't think they set out to execute. I think they overreacted. That same base mentality again, that thinking that the way to deal with every situation is to overpower it with sheer force --- which in 'Merca usually means guns a-blazin'. When you lock yourself in that cage you severely limit your own options. Creativity is a lost art.

I agree with you. As i've said, in over 20 years as an MP, I never drew my weapon on a suspect, and I faced some pretty dangerous situations at times.

I'm merely saying that everytime something like this happens we see posters screaming stupid shit like " the punishment for robbery isn't the death penalty" when in fact the death was not a punishment of any kind.

Forum List

Back