police chase --car death--who to blame..?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
jackass is pulled over and then takes off---he hits the victim
of course the victim's family is emotional --but blaming the cops is --at least---reaching
ā€œIt appears that they are attempting to negate civil liability, and itā€™s supposed to be their responsibility.ā€
the cops did not initiate the problem
Missouri family files wrongful death lawsuit against police after son was killed in high-speed chase
Agreed. Unless the police hit the victim, itā€™s the perpā€™s fault.
When in public, we all have to watch out for perps, especially in dangerous countries.

This is ongoing at least since about 2013. They are trying to do away with high speed pursuits. Some places have a no chase policy especially with motorcycles.

Hmmm... Itā€™s a tricky one... Normally for something like this Iā€™d say break off the chase, in the name of public safety. Pick him up at work, or outside his house. But the guy was apartently already drunk; thus posing a public safety threat... Would he have wrecked, were he not being chased? I donā€™t know... I have to side with the cops in this one. The cops didnā€™t crash into the victim. The drunk did...

This is ongoing at least since about 2013. They are trying to do away with high speed pursuits. Some places have a no chase policy especially with motorcycles.

In London they have a problem with people on mopeds robbing people. I read in recent months that the London PD is now allowed to bump the mopeds, sending the perp flying. You can find dashboard cams on YouTube of officers doing it. Its fucking hilarious.

In London they have a problem with people on mopeds robbing people. I read in recent months that the London PD is now allowed to bump the mopeds, sending the perp flying. You can find dashboard cams on YouTube of officers doing it. Its fucking hilarious.

I found one. Ya, that's funny.

The only thing I see wrong with police chases, is that it seems that they wait to long to immediately wreck the perp using the famous pit meneuver. To heck with the worry about wrecking a police cruiser, just get that danger immediately out of commission with the most aggressive action possible, and get that perp off of the street. Then charge the perp with the repairs to the cruiser, and not the taxpayers.

How many perps have been actually charged with the repairs of a police cruiser ? Anyone ??

here a cop, using his car, SMASHES a man carrying/brandishing a firearm
'victim' supposedly stole the weapon and fired it
man is seeing 'twirling' through the air around the 1:20 mark

Forum List

Back