Police Body Camera Footage Proves George Floyd Was Not "Murdered"

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA
floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.
Knee to neck does not KILL-------------stop spinning chit. It is a move that is done hundreds of time everyday in america. Floyd died of drug overdose. The force needed to cut off someone's air supply or blood supply is to great for a knee to one side of the neck and back to cause especially with no signs of trauma. (Bruising, crushed bones, etc.)

Yes it does.

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA
floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.
Knee to neck does not KILL-------------stop spinning chit. It is a move that is done hundreds of time everyday in america. Floyd died of drug overdose. The force needed to cut off someone's air supply or blood supply is to great for a knee to one side of the neck and back to cause especially with no signs of trauma. (Bruising, crushed bones, etc.)

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.

He neither protected nor served the public, he saw Floyd as an enemy of the public
Mostly agree, but Floyd WAS an enemy of the public and this is why the police were called to remove him.

But yes, they went too far. Seems the police never learn that their actions are closely watched. Even I knew this wasnt going to end well for anyone

So the cops can execute you if you have any moral failings? Really, Axis Mikey?

Don't you belong to a cult where your "Prophet" was lynched because he was accused of bigamy?

By the logic you just stated, the murder of Joseph Smith (dum-dum-dum-dum-dum) was totally justified. He was convicted of fraud in New York, ran a scam bank in Kirkland Ohio, was driven out of Missouri for political terrorism, and was marrying multiple women, some as young as 14.

I mean, if merely doing something bad makes it okay to murder you.... maybe you should join a new religion.

If you could have wiped the foam from your mouth and put aside your rabid Marxist ideology for just 90 seconds, you would have noticed that I did not say that Floyd's death was "justified" or that Chauvin did nothing wrong. I said Chauvin should be convicted of manslaughter. Next time you might try taking some deep breaths and actually try to read what I write before you produce another one of your bizarre replies.

Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

I don't think he was resisting. Floyd mentioned he had claustrophobia and anxiety. What would have appeared to be resisting was probably fight or flight, which is a normal reaction to someone with those issues.

Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

In someone with claustrophobia and anxiety, there is a difference between being inside your own "space", having the feeling of control and being able to exit any time you want, and being restrained and placed into a space you cannot escape from.

The issue here is going to be why the officers didn't get up when Floyd was pleading that he couldn't breathe, and during the 5 minutes that Floyd was unresponsive.

No, they die from those pre-existing conditions. The deaths only get counted as COVID because there's a political agenda that depends on fearmongering based on grotesque exaggerations and outright lies about COVID.

That you continue to fall for this hoax, and allow yourself to be scared and manipulated in this manner, destroys any credibility that you could have on any topic.

No, they die from those pre-existing conditions. The deaths only get counted as COVID because there's a political agenda that depends on fearmongering based on grotesque exaggerations and outright lies about COVID.

They wouldn't died if not for contracting corvid, would they of?

Yes, Floyd DID die of a drug overdose.

. .. and yes, I do agree with you, what Chauvin did wasn't a causative factor.

BUT? What he didn't do had nothing to do with it? THAT, is a bridge too far. He was a callous and poorly trained officer.

Nah, I don't buy that what he "DIDN'T DO" had nothing to do with it, he was negligent.

If our police were adequately trained to recognize the signs of drug use and a potential drug overdose, and they took seriously the motto, "protect and serve," if we held them to the standard that we should, and they treated all citizens' life as sacred as they should?

He neither protected nor served the public, he saw Floyd as an enemy of the public, not a member of the public in crises.

What he DIDN'T do was, indeed, negligent.
Work around violent manipulative criminals and you too will become callous.

Chauvin wasn't negligent---Floyd would have died with or without Chauvin there. He od on drugs. Stop trying to punish the cop for doing nothing that caused Floyds death.

8f039740787f3869425bcd193b977240.jpeg

Yes, Floyd DID die of a drug overdose.

. .. and yes, I do agree with you, what Chauvin did wasn't a causative factor.

BUT? What he didn't do had nothing to do with it? THAT, is a bridge too far. He was a callous and poorly trained officer.

Nah, I don't buy that what he "DIDN'T DO" had nothing to do with it, he was negligent.

If our police were adequately trained to recognize the signs of drug use and a potential drug overdose, and they took seriously the motto, "protect and serve," if we held them to the standard that we should, and they treated all citizens' life as sacred as they should?

He neither protected nor served the public, he saw Floyd as an enemy of the public, not a member of the public in crises.

What he DIDN'T do was, indeed, negligent.
Work around violent manipulative criminals and you too will become callous.

Chauvin wasn't negligent---Floyd would have died with or without Chauvin there. He od on drugs. Stop trying to punish the cop for doing nothing that caused Floyds death.
So you are saying that if someone is dying of an OD there is nothing emergency services can do to help them, is that it?

They wouldn't died if not for contracting corvid, would they of?

In the vast majority of cases, yes they would have. They already had fatal conditions, that were likely going to kill them anyway. But attributing their deaths to the conditions that actually killed them doesn't promote the #CoronaHoax2020 agenda. It doesn't help the criminals who infest government to manipulate worthless, ignorant sheep such as yourself into living in fear and submission, and in many instances, literally begging government to destroy their freedoms and their abilities to make a living.

Yes it does.
Lord have mercy----

No it doesn't----it is much harder to kill a person than shown on TV . It actually takes considerable force especially for a grown man at floyds size. If applying pressure to ones back was sufficient to kill someone---------all those chinese "massage" parlors with the girls standing on guys backs would have a bunch of dead bodies coming out of them.

A knee to one side of the neck/back would not have been sufficient to kill especially again with no broken bones in the airways and no bruising around the arteries. Sorry didn't happen.........but watch you try to spin chit in hopes of getting cop to make it easier for lib criminals to commit crimes next time.

At minimum, he deserves to be fired from his job. He does not deserve 40+ years in prison for being a "callous and poorly trained officer."
Agreed.

. . . but it should make all of society, stop and reflect on the purpose of our law enforcement, and how they are trained to treat the poor and dispossessed, and how they react to situations which are clearly not life and death situations. It should give them pause, instead of escalating them into situations that cause nationwide riots.

Likewise, it should make us all think critically about how the media, academia, and politicians cover such situations.

What are the underlying agendas?

I have said this all along.
If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Manslaughter still applies.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.

He was already dying from the massive loads of fentanyl and methamphetamines in his system. He also had heart problems. Taking drugs led to his death. Period.

If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.
Not so much. If you punch a guy who is overdosed and he dies from the over dose - it ain't murder

PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.

He was already dying from the massive loads of fentanyl and methamphetamines in his system. He also had heart problems. Taking drugs led to his death. Period.
. . . which is a shame. . . since emergency personnel were right there on the scene, manhandling him, instead of trying to save him. . . .

Forum List

Back