Police Body Camera Footage Proves George Floyd Was Not "Murdered"

It was manslaughter
Apparently the police department trains their officers to do this on violent suspects.
They actually train them to put their knee on their neck if they refuse to cooperate when being arrested.

Violent Floyd was 6'7............and high on drugs-----don't think the cops had much choice...

I have said this all along.
If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Manslaughter still applies.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.
You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.
Seriously? The "incident" you refer to includes him ingesting a lethal amount of drugs, Penny! The reason that he couldn't breathe when he was standing up is that's a symptom of an overdose of the drug he had in his system! Unless you have some way of proving that the Police on scene should have known he was overdosing on that drug...you don't have a murder case.

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put his knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA
Blaming the victim for his own murder? People with mental issues should be blamed also for police brutality? The cop used unnecessary force. You would not do this to a dog. The cops are acting like trial, jury, and executioner. The cop puts his hand in his pocket thus pushing down on his knee to put more pressure on George's neck. Everyone who saw this saw a live murder. period. No matter who he was George deserved his day in court and not on the ground getting the life choked out of him. Drugs and medical conditions did not kill him, the cop did.

No, the drugs and the medical conditions killed floyd. Bad consequences sometimes come with bad decisions.

I have changed my mind about the George Floyd case, after watching several hours of Derek Chauvin's trial, and especially after watching the previously unreleased police body-camera footage of the incident.

I do not believe that Chauvin committed second-degree murder. I think he committed manslaughter. I would need several pages to fully explain the reasons for my view. Here are a few points that capture the main reasons:

* Floyd could have avoided being pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply obeyed the police officers' repeated request to get into the back of the police car.

* The officers did not pin Floyd on the ground until after he strongly resisted being put into the police car and after he then pushed his way out of the car and came out the other side of the car. Only at that point did the officers pin him on the ground.

* Floyd's claim that he was afraid to get into confined spaces and therefore afraid to get into the back of the police car seems extremely doubtful, given the fact that Floyd had just spent several minutes in the front of a small car with the windows rolled up. The body camera footage shows that the front of the car that Floyd was taken from was virtually identical in size to the back of the police car.

* The officers may have doubted Floyd's claim that he could not breathe because he started making this claim long before he was pinned on the ground and at a time when he clearly could breathe, as the officers pointed out to him.

* Floyd's autopsy report proves that he was heavily under the influence of drugs during the incident. This could explain his irrational behavior.

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

And, just for the record, George Floyd was neither a "gentle person" nor "a good father"; he was a violent thug with a long rap sheet:

Two Sides To Every Story: George Floyd And Derek Chauvin – Stateline Network EXTRA
floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.
Knee to neck does not KILL-------------stop spinning chit. It is a move that is done hundreds of time everyday in america. Floyd died of drug overdose. The force needed to cut off someone's air supply or blood supply is to great for a knee to one side of the neck and back to cause especially with no signs of trauma. (Bruising, crushed bones, etc.)
If you look closely at where Chauvin's knee is, you'll see it's on the guy's cervical spine. As in, the bony structure posterior to the airway. Chauvin acted like an idiot by not getting up long after the guy stopped struggling but he didn't murder anyone. I'll make a prediction. If he isn't convicted of murder, Minneapolis burns again. Hell, it may burn even if he IS convicted of murder. Reparations, dontchaknow...
George was down and in handcuffs, he was no longer a threat and they were other cops around. You evidently don't know anatomy. The blood that carries oxygen was restricted by the knee on his neck. Carotid Artery. Chauvin knew what he was doing. George could have been restrained without a knee on his neck at this point.. Unnecessary deadly force. Negligence Homicide when he said "I can't breathe" and was ignored.

It was manslaughter
Apparently the police department trains their officers to do this on violent suspects.
They actually train them to put their knee on their neck if they refuse to cooperate when being arrested.

I don't see how that's relevant.

The restraint was taken too far in this case at least how I see the events.

And don't forget the restraint only has to be proven to be a proximate cause in the death.

That's why I think it will wind up being a manslaughter conviction

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put his knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

While I certainly agree with your post - it doesn't mean a damned thing. Why? The Officer in question has already been labeled "guilty" by the black community and the rest of the country (including a vast majority of white snowflakes).

To NOT find him guilty in this kangaroo court would instigate a myriad of riots across the country. To find him guilty of manslaughter will most definitely lead to the same. Blacks will accept nothing short of a decision of guilty and the death penalty for the Officer.

In short, Blacks have decided that they are not subject to the same laws that the rest of America is subject to. They can argue with the police. They can fight the police and when push comes to shove - Black Lies Matter will come to the defense of these criminals.

Welcome to the 21st century in what is left of "America"..........

Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put his knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.
dude, he was still kicking his legs up to two minutes before the ambulance got there. And the other officers cameras clearly showed that Floyd was not restricted in how he laid on the ground. his entire right side was off the pavement except his legs the third guy was holding. hly fk, the Floyd dude would not settle down. They asked him so many times I lost count.

And the whole closter phobic cry was so fking stupid. you don't think the cops knew they just removed him from a smaller confined space? I'm still waiting for someone to stand up and say what they would have done differently. I'm all fking ears.

It was manslaughter

And don't forget the restraint only has to be proven to be a proximate cause in the death.

I think it's very relevant....the most relevant issue of the case.
Maybe if they weren't training their cops to perform dangerous actions, they wouldn't have had a death the Democrats could use to win elections.

what would you have done?

It was manslaughter

Maybe if they weren't training their cops to perform dangerous actions, they wouldn't have had a death the Democrats could use to win elections.

maybe if society followed the fking directions of cops more people wouldn't die while being arrested. what would anyone have done differently other than handing the cigarettes to the two clerks that asked?

George was down and in handcuffs, he was no longer a threat and they were other cops around. You evidently don't know anatomy. The blood that carries oxygen was restricted by the knee on his neck. Carotid Artery. Chauvin knew what he was doing. George could have been restrained without a knee on his neck at this point.. Unnecessary deadly force. Negligence Homicide when he said "I can't breathe" and was ignored.

nah
You just want to ignore everything that disputes your opinion.
Which I understand. You do that everyday

* Floyd deserves most of the blame for the incident. Chauvin should not have put this knee on Floyd's neck. He should have eased up on Floyd's neck after Floyd stopped moving, and he should have checked Floyd's vital signs after he stopped moving. But, again, Floyd never would have been pinned on the ground in the first place if he had simply gotten into the back of the police car as he was repeatedly instructed to do.

floyd died of drug overdose---------and what chauvin did or didn't do had nothing to do with it.

You are playing games---you know this and yet you want to go after an innocent cop. YOu are sick.

I disagree, he died for the cops kneeling on him and esp Chauvin knee on the neck.

Most people die from covid with preexisting conditions but they still died of covid.
Knee to neck does not KILL-------------stop spinning chit. It is a move that is done hundreds of time everyday in america. Floyd died of drug overdose. The force needed to cut off someone's air supply or blood supply is to great for a knee to one side of the neck and back to cause especially with no signs of trauma. (Bruising, crushed bones, etc.)
If you look closely at where Chauvin's knee is, you'll see it's on the guy's cervical spine. As in, the bony structure posterior to the airway. Chauvin acted like an idiot by not getting up long after the guy stopped struggling but he didn't murder anyone. I'll make a prediction. If he isn't convicted of murder, Minneapolis burns again. Hell, it may burn even if he IS convicted of murder. Reparations, dontchaknow...
you didn't watch the video of the cops cameras did you? too fking funny. girl, educate yourself before injecting your nonsense in here.

If he would of lived he would undoubtedly been a para or quad, or have multiple discs that are blown.
so for you Floyd was at no fault for his death? I'm happy to list out how he could have avoided everything that happened to him.

And every bullet is on him.

It was manslaughter

I'd have to see the actual training materials. I would assume ( and I hate doing that) that somewhere in the training there would be guidelines on when to cease the restraint by compression of the neck.

If he would of lived he would undoubtedly been a para or quad, or have multiple discs that are blown.
so for you Floyd was at no fault for his death? I'm happy to list out how he could have avoided everything that happened to him.

And every bullet is on him.
As far as the law goes what Floyd did isn't really the issue. The issue is whether or not Chauvin's knee to Floyd's neck was a proximate cause of death.

I have said this all along.
If anyone watches the ENTIRE - UNEDITED body cam videos that are available on YouTube, and you are objective, you will change your mind.

Floyd had multiple opportunities to tell officers he took a lethal dose. He knew he did. If you listen to what he is saying - he repeatedly states "I don't want to die, don't leave me alone, promise me you will stay with me - I am a good person, I don't want to die" - YET when asked did he take something - FLOYD SAYS NO.
You can also see at the beginning he was reasonably sober. Within a few minutes the drugs start to take effect, and you can see a large difference in his speech, and he becomes paranoid about dying or being alone.
Chauvin is a bully. There was no reason to continue to pin him down well after he stopped fighting. So I think negligent homicide is the charge because Floyd contributed MORE to his death than Chauvin.
PERIOD
It doesn't matter.

Manslaughter still applies.

If you punch a person high on drugs and they fall hit their head and die of a head injury it's still manslaughter.

He would of never died except for the person punching him.
You don't know that. Just like you don't know if Floyd would have died if his neck wasn't compressed by a knee

I imagine not he would not be dead due to his tolerance level. He wasn't dead before the incident was he.

He'd just taken the drugs so they wouldnt find them,in other words eating the evidence.
Drugs dont act immediately,they take time.

Forum List

Back