PLEASE EXPLAIN: How will I get $4000 increase in my income if corporate taxes go down?

The idea that he was trapped by previous Bush actions and was helpless to cut debt is moronic.

This fixation on debt is hilarious given that when Bush doubled the debt, Conservatives said nothing (and in fact cheered him on).

This fixation on debt is hilarious given that when Bush doubled the debt,

Bush added $4.9 trillion, on top of $5.7 trillion.

So Obama's $9.3 trillion is no big deal. Moron!

The weakest recovery since WWII. DERP!

The worst economic collapse since WWII (thanks, Conservatives). And by what measurement are you using to judge it as "the worst recovery"? I know you didn't come to that conclusion on your own; you just repeated what someone else said because you accepted it without question since it confirmed your bias. So who told you that and why did you believe them without question?

Bush spent wayyyyyyy too much, I wish Obama had only been as profligate as Bush.

LOL! You say that now, but where was all this concern back then? Nowhere, because it's a phony position.

Thanks, but none of those help a CEO who gets a $1,000,000 raise.

You didn't even look at what I posted, and I thought you would because it had pictures and colors. How about instead of denying things when they're presented to you, you actually accept them? Because that would mean you'd have to concede you're not as clever as you think, and your ego simply cannot handle that bruise. Because you're a weak person.

You didn't even look at what I posted

I did. None drop the tax on new income.

$9.3 trillion, meh.

You've failed to actually explain the significance of the debt and why it matters so much to you when it didn't matter at all when Bush doubled it, increasing it more than anyone before him. But your hypocrisy is well known.

why it matters so much to you when it didn't matter at all when Bush doubled it,

It did matter to me when Bush spent wayyyyyy too much.

If they say they're going to cut taxes by $100 billion, for example, that math works for me.

Because you don't give a shit about deficits.

Obama's $9.3 trillion debt increase was a-ok with you, right?

It's not Obama's stop lying already. His policy contribution is around 1T

It's not Obama's stop lying already

He wasn't president for 8 years?

His policy contribution is around 1T

Shit, his "stimulus" was nearly that.
He could have let the Bush tax cuts expire, he could have hiked taxes in 2009.
If he didn't, why do you feel the deficits from his actions and inaction is not his responsibility?
He could have cut spending, why didn't he?

The idea that he was trapped by previous Bush actions and was helpless to cut debt is moronic.

Debt is the sum of deficits and Obama came into office with 1.2Trillion dollar deficit (excluding 200B in stimulus budget for that year, that WAS his policy). He can't just WISH away the deficits his policy did not cause.

And yes, the biggest components of deficits during Obama's 8 years is TAX CUTS POLICY YOU FULLY SUPPORT AND ADVOCATE MORE OF IN THIS VERY THREAD so you just shot yourself in the foot.

He can't just WISH away the deficits his policy did not cause.

He signed about half the spending bills for FY 2009.

And yes, the biggest components of deficits during Obama's 8 years is TAX CUTS POLICY YOU FULLY SUPPORT AND ADVOCATE MORE OF IN THIS VERY THREAD

You mean stuff he could have reversed with his huge majorities in the House and Senate?

$9.3 trillion, meh.

You've failed to actually explain the significance of the debt and why it matters so much to you when it didn't matter at all when Bush doubled it, increasing it more than anyone before him. But your hypocrisy is well known.

why it matters so much to you when it didn't matter at all when Bush doubled it,

He also supported trillion dollar tax-cuts while starting trillion dollar wars.

But again, you don't give a shit about huge deficits stemming from that, NOPE you want more.

The weakest recovery since WWII. DERP!

The worst economic collapse since WWII (thanks, Conservatives). And by what measurement are you using to judge it as "the worst recovery"? I know you didn't come to that conclusion on your own; you just repeated what someone else said because you accepted it without question since it confirmed your bias. So who told you that and why did you believe them without question?

Bush spent wayyyyyyy too much, I wish Obama had only been as profligate as Bush.

LOL! You say that now, but where was all this concern back then? Nowhere, because it's a phony position.

And by what measurement are you using to judge it as "the worst recovery"?

GDP.

You say that now, but where was all this concern back then?

I said it then too.

Because you don't give a shit about deficits.

If he didn't, why do you feel the deficits from his actions and inaction is not his responsibility?

Debt is the sum of deficits and Obama came into office with 1.2Trillion dollar deficit (excluding 200B in stimulus budget for that year, that WAS his policy). He can't just WISH away the deficits his policy did not cause.

And yes, the biggest components of deficits during Obama's 8 years is TAX CUTS POLICY YOU FULLY SUPPORT AND ADVOCATE MORE OF IN THIS VERY THREAD so you just shot yourself in the foot.

Lol, maybe he should have DEFAULTED THE COUNTRY instead, right? You peddle nonsense.

$9.3 trillion, meh.

He also gave trillion dolalr tax-cuts while starting trillion dollar wars. But again, you don't give a shit about huge deficits stemming from that.

He also gave trillion dolalr tax-cuts while starting trillion dollar wars.

The tax cuts came before the wars.

The US currently has the highest Corporate Tax Rate in the world. It's time to change that. It's a move that should have been done long ago. Canada recently lowered its rate, and saw its Economy boom. So big props to Trump for trying to get it done. It's time.

Lol, maybe he should have DEFAULTED THE COUNTRY instead, right? You peddle nonsense.

Or take credit for his spending.

Can any explain Trump's claim that a cut in the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent would boost incomes of U.S. workers by at least $4,000 a year?

The White House Council of Economic Advisers put out a paper this week that says:

"Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually."

I suppose that if you average all of the households in America, and include the millions of dollars that the CEOs from corporations will get as well as the $0 that everyone else gets, it might average out to $4,000.

But I don't see any way that my household income will increase by $4,000.

At this point, Trump is a liar until someone can come forward and prove that he is not.

Here's what has happen in the recent past using profits versus Real Dollar wage growth.
View attachment 156825
As we can see, corporate profits have increased dramatically in recent time. At the same time wages have decreased.
So that takes care of that.
Plus, we are still paying for the tax cuts from 2003, that primarily went to the wealthy. Now Trump/GOP will be adding another $1.5 trillion to the National Debt.
Where are the fiscal conservatives?
View attachment 156827
View attachment 156829
And who was the president the last 8 years? The same guy who made the RICH, RICHER and made the middle class, much POORER. And he added 10 trillion to the national debt over 8 years, what President Trump proposes could raise it by 1.5 trillion over 10 years. You are quite a stupid bunch of people.

The $1.5 trillion, is just one bill. Then there's his pledge to spend another $trillion on the infrastructure. Now. we're at $2.5 trillion with just two issues. If you think Trump will stop adding to the National Debt, you are are not living in reality.
Look at the way he ran businesses. Four bankruptcies and several other court judgements against him for not paying his own bills. What makes you think he'll change his ways, when he's spending other people's money.

"I'm the king of debt. I love debt," Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday, seemingly trying to explain the comfort level he has with debt after a long business career that included four bankruptcy filings by his companies.
<SNIP>
Asked if the U.S. needs to pay its debt in full or if it could negotiate a partial repayment, Trump said: "I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal."
Donald Trump: 'I'm the king of debt'

RW hypocrisy on every level knows no bounds.

Republicans Reagan/Bush lead the country in highest debt contribution .... no big deal.

Switch feet to a Dem, and the world is turning to ash, and sure destruction.

F'em and feed em fish heads.

And at the time, you Conservatives said nothing and cheered him on, in fact.

It isn't a big deal and in the thousands of posts of yours on this subject, you've yet to actually explain why the debt matters so much to you and its significance. I think you screech about debt because it's four letters and you can spell it.

And at the time, you Conservatives said nothing and cheered him on, in fact.

It isn't a big deal and in the thousands of posts of yours on this subject, you've yet to actually explain why the debt matters so much to you and its significance. I think you screech about debt because it's four letters and you can spell it.

you Conservatives said nothing and cheered him on, in fact.

Not me.

It isn't a big deal

DERP!

No it didn't because you all didn't say anything about it then. You're saying it now, after the fact but at the time, you were the biggest cheerleaders of Bush's debt expansion.

Some families saved more? That's hilarious!

Yes, they did. And I know you "chose not to believe that. It can't be true" because that's exactly what your doppleganger Boonstra said.

Which loopholes can a mean CEO use to not pay taxes on an extra $1,000,000? Give some examples.

rich.jpg

Thanks, but none of those help a CEO who gets a $1,000,000 raise.

Try again?

Put the one million dollars into a Charitable Remainder Trust, that gives you a one million dollar immediate tax write off as a charitable contribution. Invest the money and let it grow while also paying yourself income from the proceeds. You only pay taxes on what you take out, as you take it out but you do get the immediate benefit of total tax deduction of the one million

Forum List

Back