PLEASE EXPLAIN: How will I get $4000 increase in my income if corporate taxes go down?

I did. None drop the tax on new income.

That's exactly what it talks about. You're hopeless.

rich.jpg

Which one of these helps a CEO who got a $1,000,000 bonus yesterday?
Spell out why you feel it helps him?

OMB: Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits'

Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits'

The BOTTOM 80% OF PEOPLE PAY 5% OF THE TAXES!

Yea, the RICH are not paying their "FAIR SHARE"!!

Idiot PROGS. :alcoholic:

No, you are the idiot. The Top 20% own almost 90% of the wealth and earn the bulk of the income so no damn wonder they pay the bulk of the taxes. But I agree, it's a problem and the solution is quite simple and has been around for years. RAISE THE TAXES ON THE WEALTHY, especially the top one percent. When marginal tax rates on the top one percent were north of 65% the top one percent only garnished ten percent of total national income. Now, with rates less than 40% they collect more than 20% of national income. If you want the rich to pay a lower share of total taxes you must initiate policies that results in them getting a lower share of total national income. The optimal marginal tax rate on the top one percent--well it's north of 90% as this study, that I know you won't read and couldn't possibly understand, indicates.

http://economics.sas.upenn.edu/~dkrueger/research/top1.pdf
OMB: Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits'

Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits'

The BOTTOM 80% OF PEOPLE PAY 5% OF THE TAXES!

Yea, the RICH are not paying their "FAIR SHARE"!!

Idiot PROGS. :alcoholic:

No, you are the idiot. The Top 20% own almost 90% of the wealth and earn the bulk of the income so no damn wonder they pay the bulk of the taxes. But I agree, it's a problem and the solution is quite simple and has been around for years. RAISE THE TAXES ON THE WEALTHY, especially the top one percent. When marginal tax rates on the top one percent were north of 65% the top one percent only garnished ten percent of total national income. Now, with rates less than 40% they collect more than 20% of national income. If you want the rich to pay a lower share of total taxes you must initiate policies that results in them getting a lower share of total national income. The optimal marginal tax rate on the top one percent--well it's north of 90% as this study, that I know you won't read and couldn't possibly understand, indicates.

http://economics.sas.upenn.edu/~dkrueger/research/top1.pdf

Prog math. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Fucking jackasses.

If you want the rich to pay their fair share without hurting the middle class, you cant use a progressive tax structure.

You would have to tax ALL INCOME based on TOTAL INCOME.....so if you earn $1,000,000, you pay 40% ON ALL OF YOUR FUCKING INCOME.....and if you earn $50,000 you pay 20% ON ALL YOUR INCOME.

Again, without a rudimentary understanding of math because they are fucking stupid, it's challenging to talk economics with PROGS.

It was bad enough when people voted people into power not really sure what the candidate stood for, and then when they had realized they had been hoodwinked they simple said they would replace him the next election. Now the U.S. voted in a man that said he would do the opposite of all those candidates that lied to the people and then screwed them over when they got in office.

So what is Trump doing? He's doing NOTHING of what he promised to help people and he just assumes people are too stupid to notice it. This type of stuff is going to begin to escalate to a lot worse protest than the 99% sit-in's on Wall Street.

What did we get out of it, lower economic growth? Bankrupt green energy companies?

1. There are more people working for just solar companies than there are for all oil, natural gas, and coal jobs combined.
2. Obama's economic growth was the same as Bush's - 1.76%. Difference is Bush lost 460,000 net private sector jobs and Obama created over 11,000,000. The stock market also reached record highs from where it was. Wages grew faster during Obama's 8 years than Bush the Dumbers, and the total household debt as a percentage of GDP declined during Obama after nearly doubling during Bush.

Conservatives have never, ever, ever, ever done any good for the economy. Ever.

Some families saved more? That's hilarious!

Yes, they did. And I know you "chose not to believe that. It can't be true" because that's exactly what your doppleganger Boonstra said.

Which loopholes can a mean CEO use to not pay taxes on an extra $1,000,000? Give some examples.

rich.jpg

Thanks, but none of those help a CEO who gets a $1,000,000 raise.

Try again?

Put the one million dollars into a Charitable Remainder Trust, that gives you a one million dollar immediate tax write off as a charitable contribution. Invest the money and let it grow while also paying yourself income from the proceeds. You only pay taxes on what you take out, as you take it out but you do get the immediate benefit of total tax deduction of the one million

Put the one million dollars into a Charitable Remainder Trust, that gives you a one million dollar immediate tax write off as a charitable contribution.

So a rich guy can save taxes by giving money away? Fucking rich bastard!!!

Invest the money and let it grow while also paying yourself income from the proceeds.

So if he makes $50,000 income per year, he pays taxes on $50,000?

That's almost as good as having $1,000,000. LOL!

Prove it.

It isn't a big deal

It's not a big deal. You have yet to explain how it is a big deal, and you have yet to explain why it wasn't a big enough deal during Bush for you clowns to do anything about.

The Baby Boomers are retiring and Soc Security and Medicare are running out of money, but we can just borrow more for them but......wait.......Obama already ran up the debt. Oh well.

What did we get out of it, lower economic growth? Bankrupt green energy companies?

1. There are more people working for just solar companies than there are for all oil, natural gas, and coal jobs combined.
2. Obama's economic growth was the same as Bush's - 1.76%. Difference is Bush lost 460,000 net private sector jobs and Obama created over 11,000,000. The stock market also reached record highs from where it was. Wages grew faster during Obama's 8 years than Bush the Dumbers, and the total household debt as a percentage of GDP declined during Obama after nearly doubling during Bush.

Conservatives have never, ever, ever, ever done any good for the economy. Ever.

It's true, those solar jobs have very low productivity.

The Baby Boomers are retiring and Soc Security and Medicare are running out of money, but we can just borrow more for them but......wait.......Obama already ran up the debt. Oh well.

Or we could simply lift the cap on taxable SS income. You say Medicare and SS are running out of money...but both are able to pay out full benefits into mid-next decade (in Medicare's case) and the following decade (Social Security). So how exactly is cutting taxes, which causes deficits by cutting revenue, going to help those entitlements?

So Obama's $9.3 trillion is no big deal. Moron!

It isn't a big deal and in the thousands of posts of yours on this subject, you've yet to actually explain why the debt matters so much to you and its significance. I think you screech about debt because it's four letters and you can spell it.

This guy thinks it's a big deal - and does a good job of explaining why.

...taking out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our debt...is irresponsible, unpatriotic.

Can any explain Trump's claim that a cut in the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent would boost incomes of U.S. workers by at least $4,000 a year?

The White House Council of Economic Advisers put out a paper this week that says:

"Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually."

I suppose that if you average all of the households in America, and include the millions of dollars that the CEOs from corporations will get as well as the $0 that everyone else gets, it might average out to $4,000.

But I don't see any way that my household income will increase by $4,000.

At this point, Trump is a liar until someone can come forward and prove that he is not.
I think Trump lost control of his tongue a long time ago and his mind went dead with it.

It's true, those solar jobs have very low productivity.

What do you mean by "low productivity"? Is this just some general, vague term you used that allows you to wiggle around the definition parameters as it suits your argument?

Bitch move, pal.

Or we could simply lift the cap on taxable SS income. You say Medicare and SS are running out of money...but both are able to pay out full benefits into mid-next decade (in Medicare's case) and the following decade (Social Security). So how exactly is cutting taxes, which causes deficits by cutting revenue, going to help those entitlements?

Or we could simply lift the cap on taxable SS income.

Raise contributions, you have to pay out more.

So how exactly is cutting taxes, which causes deficits by cutting revenue, going to help those entitlements?

Yeah, Obama made things worse with his SS tax cut, eh?

The reason that there will be no tax reform bill passed at all is because there is no way to pay for these tax cuts for the rich without creating a huge deficit. The far right fringe of the GOP won't allow that. They believe in balanced budgets not skyrocketing deficits.

Unlike Dubya and Reagan -- these two bozos put tax cuts for the rich at the top of their list.

Forum List

Back