PLEASE EXPLAIN: How will I get $4000 increase in my income if corporate taxes go down?

Trump's tax plan: Give 1 person out of 25 $100,000, then say the average amount per person is $4,000.
well dip, if someone doesn't make 100,000 it is tough to get them that amount right? so what is it you think is fair? do you even have a clue? even if you took all of the 1 out of 25's money, it doesn't do anything to the debt. and someone getting 4K back is better than 0 isn't it? why are you consumed with the 1 guy? I don't get it. do you do math? do you do percentages? if not you should go to school and learn what that means.

It's interesting how the ignorant twats think a flat tax is "unfair"

If we are all taxed at (FOR EXAMPLE) 20%.....then the guy earning a TAXABLE INCOME OF $10,000 would pay $2000 in taxes and the guy earning a TAXABLE INCOME OF $1m is paying $200,000 in taxes.

How is that not "fair"?

What is the exact rate to make the "wealthy" pay their "fair share"?
well they won't answer that question. that is the end of the discussion. until they explain what they mean by fair, there is going to be absolutely zero intelligent discussions that can be had to agree. I've been waiting for five years for what is fair?

Please left losers, what is a fair tax system? please we are fking waiting
Answer the question in the OP first.

How is a corporate tax cut going to put $4,000 in a person's home?

We are fucking waiting.
dude the answer is in the document. did you read it?

"This analysis from the Council of Economic Advisers reviews the evidence that has driven other developed countries to pursue the path of lower corporate tax rates and estimates how business tax reform in the Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code2 (hereafter, the “Unified Framework”) is expected to affect wages for American workers. Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually. The increases recur each year, and the estimated total value of corporate tax reform for the average U.S. household is therefore substantially higher than $4,000. Moreover, the broad range of results in the literature suggest that over a decade, this effect could be much larger"
Notice the key words "expected" , "suggests", "estimated".

What they don't tell you is that this tax plan will increase out debt by $1.5 trillion and that larger and larger national debts SUPPRESS household income.

https://money.usnews.com/money/pers.../2011/03/31/how-the-national-debt-affects-you

Funny, I have not heard a single one of you complain about Trump adding to the debt.

It's Okay When Trump Does It!™

well dip, if someone doesn't make 100,000 it is tough to get them that amount right? so what is it you think is fair? do you even have a clue? even if you took all of the 1 out of 25's money, it doesn't do anything to the debt. and someone getting 4K back is better than 0 isn't it? why are you consumed with the 1 guy? I don't get it. do you do math? do you do percentages? if not you should go to school and learn what that means.

If we are all taxed at (FOR EXAMPLE) 20%.....then the guy earning a TAXABLE INCOME OF $10,000 would pay $2000 in taxes and the guy earning a TAXABLE INCOME OF $1m is paying $200,000 in taxes.

How is that not "fair"?

well they won't answer that question. that is the end of the discussion. until they explain what they mean by fair, there is going to be absolutely zero intelligent discussions that can be had to agree. I've been waiting for five years for what is fair?

We are fucking waiting.
dude the answer is the document. did you read it?

"This analysis from the Council of Economic Advisers reviews the evidence that has driven other developed countries to pursue the path of lower corporate tax rates and estimates how business tax reform in the Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code2 (hereafter, the “Unified Framework”) is expected to affect wages for American workers. Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually. The increases recur each year, and the estimated total value of corporate tax reform for the average U.S. household is therefore substantially higher than $4,000. Moreover, the broad range of results in the literature suggest that over a decade, this effect could be much larger"

They don't read and they suck at math.

All these stupid fuckers know is what Rachel Maddow tells them.
Not one of you read the document until I asked. It took you ten pages.

And none of you were able to explain it in your own words, and still can't.

And not one of you is aware that increasing the national debt suppresses household income and GDP growth.

All you stupid fuckers know is what Trump makes up in his idiot mind on the fly.

How is that not "fair"?

We are fucking waiting.
dude the answer is in the document. did you read it?

Notice the key words "expected" , "suggests", "estimated".

What they don't tell you is that this tax plan will increase out debt by $1.5 trillion and that larger and larger national debts SUPPRESS household income.

https://money.usnews.com/money/pers.../2011/03/31/how-the-national-debt-affects-you
well it is implemented, so how can it be factual?

That's right, screw those corporations.
Raise their rates even higher.

What could go wrong?
They are failing now, right? Look at the DOW.

My portfolio, it keeps getting larger!!!
During the Obama years, the Dow went up 300%, and yet I can't recall any of you tards thanking him or giving him credit.
what was the middle class gain?

I wonder who the Progs define as the middle class.

They won't define who are the "wealthy".....so it must be tough for them to define the "middle class".

How is that not "fair"?

We are fucking waiting.

And not one of you is aware that increasing the national debt suppresses household income and GDP growth.

All you stupid fuckers know is what Trump makes up in his idiot mind on the fly.
what? I just got in here and I posted your fking answer within minutes. what the fk is wrong with you? and you want evidence. funny shit. something not implemented cannot produce results. it has to be implemented.

Bottom line - $4000 raise claim is bullshit

[/thread]
I read the first 100 posts - I got tired of the whining, childish personal attacks, and misdirection - and I didn't see an answer to the original question.

So - here is the analysis the generated the claim. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/documents/Tax Reform and Wages.pdf

From it, I quote the summary: (the justification data is presented in the actual report.)

Wage growth in America has stagnated. Over the past eight years, the real median wage in the U.S. rose by an average of six-tenths of a percent per year. But even as Americans’ real wages stagnated, real corporate profits soared, increasing by an average of 11 percent per year. The relationship between corporate profits and worker compensation broke down in the late 1980s. Prior to 1990, worker wages rose by more than 1 percent for every 1 percent increase in corporate profits. From 1990-2016, the pass-through to workers was only 0.6 percent, and looking most recently, from 2008-2016, only 0.3 percent.1 The profits of U.S. multinationals are still American profits, but, increasingly, the benefits of those profits do not accrue to U.S. workers.

The deteriorating relationship between wages of American workers and U.S. corporate profits reflects the state of international tax competition. The problem is not unique to America; countries around the world have responded to the international flow of capital by cutting their corporate tax rates to attract capital back from other countries. They have doubled down on such policies as they have seen business-friendly policies benefit workers.

This analysis from the Council of Economic Advisers reviews the evidence that has driven other developed countries to pursue the path of lower corporate tax rates and estimates how business tax reform in the Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code2 (hereafter, the “Unified Framework”) is expected to affect wages for American workers.

Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually. The increases recur each year, and the estimated total value of corporate tax reform for the average U.S. household is therefore substantially higher than $4,000. Moreover, the broad range of results in the literature suggest that over a decade, this effect could be much larger.

These conclusions are driven by empirical patterns that are highly visible in the data, in addition to an extensive peer-reviewed research. While much of the academic literature predates the latest data, the covariation between the trajectory of inflation-adjusted wages ..."

Dispute it at your leisure - but, at least, the question has been answered. However, you can't dispute it with opinion - you must refute facts with facts.

Have fun.

$1.5 trillion more piled on the debt.

Oh, look what the Heritage Foundation has to say about higher debt!: High Debt Is a Real Drag

Three teams of economists have separately shown that high government debt has a negative effect on long-term economic growth. When government debt grows, private investment shrinks, lowering future growth and future wages.

Estimates across advanced economies show that debt drag reaches large and statistically significant levels as debt grows, with the worst effects occurring after debt reaches 90 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). With U.S. federal, state, and local government debt at 84 percent of GDP and rising, policymakers should begin taking debt drag into account when considering new deficit spending.

We are fucking waiting.

what? I just got in here and I posted your fking answer within minutes. what the fk is wrong with you? and you want evidence. funny shit. something not implemented cannot produce results. it has to be implemented.

All they know is "Trump supporters are racist homophobic misogynist transphobic Islamaphobic White Supremacists!!"

Therefore, anything that Trump ever says or does is 100% wrong. That's literally the extent of their discourse. They don't have their own opinions, that's why they want big government to tell them what to think and what to do.

That's right, screw those corporations.
Raise their rates even higher.

What could go wrong?
They are failing now, right? Look at the DOW.

My portfolio, it keeps getting larger!!!
During the Obama years, the Dow went up 300%, and yet I can't recall any of you tards thanking him or giving him credit.
what was the middle class gain?

I wonder who the Progs define as the middle class.

They won't define who are the "wealthy".....so it must be tough for them to define the "middle class".
again, never any mention. they hate the middle class, they are grouped into the wealthy cause they are earners. they work for a living and the progs hate that. they want dependency driven americans for them to tell what to do. roll over, good dog.

More from The Heritage: How the United States’ High Debt Will Weaken the Economy and Hurt Americans

Academic research shows that advanced economies like the United States are at risk of significant and prolonged reductions in economic growth when public debt reaches levels of 90 percent of GDP. High public debt threatens to drive interest rates up, to crowd out private investment, and to raise price inflation. The implications would be severe and pronounced for all Americans, but most especially for the poor, the elderly, and the middle class. U.S. policymakers should learn from Greece and Japan and avoid a fiscal crisis and economic stagnation brought about by public debt overhang.

Oh, look what the Heritage Foundation has to say about higher debt!: High Debt Is a Real Drag

Three teams of economists have separately shown that high government debt has a negative effect on long-term economic growth. When government debt grows, private investment shrinks, lowering future growth and future wages.

Estimates across advanced economies show that debt drag reaches large and statistically significant levels as debt grows, with the worst effects occurring after debt reaches 90 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). With U.S. federal, state, and local government debt at 84 percent of GDP and rising, policymakers should begin taking debt drag into account when considering new deficit spending.
dude those aren't facts. try again.

The Many Real Dangers of Soaring National Debt

Recent and projected growth in U.S. government debt poses a serious hazard to the nation. At a minimum, high levels of government debt mean substantial government resources must go toward servicing debt—to pay interest. Further, theory indicates and a growing body of research suggests a consistent relationship between high levels of government debt relative to the size of the economy and abnormally high interest rates consistent with lower levels of domestic investment.

More from The Heritage: How the United States’ High Debt Will Weaken the Economy and Hurt Americans

Academic research shows that advanced economies like the United States are at risk of significant and prolonged reductions in economic growth when public debt reaches levels of 90 percent of GDP. High public debt threatens to drive interest rates up, to crowd out private investment, and to raise price inflation. The implications would be severe and pronounced for all Americans, but most especially for the poor, the elderly, and the middle class. U.S. policymakers should learn from Greece and Japan and avoid a fiscal crisis and economic stagnation brought about by public debt overhang.
so why wasn't obammy bringing down the debt? I always have heard from the progs, all they have to do is print money. who cares what the debt is. hmmmmm now you're saying that? wow.

dude those aren't facts. try again.
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

What a fucking willfully stupid thing to say.

so why wasn't obammy bringing down the debt?
"B-b-b-b-b-but Obaaaaaamaaaaaaa!"

"It's Okay When Trump Does It!™"

so why wasn't obammy bringing down the debt?
"B-b-b-b-b-but Obaaaaaamaaaaaaa!"

"It's Okay When Trump Does It!™"
trump hasn't done shit yet, we're waiting on congress. did you forget that? and again, if it is soooooo turrible why wasn't obammmy challenged?

You rubes are being conned. Special interests are getting a handout from Trump, and you will pay for it.

You rubes are being conned. Special interests are getting a handout from Trump, and you will pay for it.
no, no we're not. we understand economics.And quite frankly, I'd love a raise I haven't had one since 2002

Forum List

Back