What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing by the left's rules

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We didn't learn anything from LBJ's debacle in VietNam where 50,000 Americans died to enforce a convoluted left wing dogma. Thanks to LBJ's new concept of modern warfare the US would win every battle in VietNam but lose the war. Democrats seem determined to to do the same thing in Afghanistan. I'll say it, liberal and cowardly politicians have sacrificed American lives in some convoluted plan that forces the greatest Military in the world to fight by rules set by the enemy. Americans can barely fire a shot without a political decision made that could unfairly end the careers of Military lifers in a heartbeat. You can't win a war if Americans can be indicted for murder if a civilian is killed in a crossfire.

yidnar

Platinum Member
Reaction score
We didn't learn anything from LBJ's debacle in VietNam where 50,000 Americans died to enforce a convoluted left wing dogma. Thanks to LBJ's new concept of modern warfare the US would win every battle in VietNam but lose the war. Democrats seem determined to to do the same thing in Afghanistan. I'll say it, liberal and cowardly politicians have sacrificed American lives in some convoluted plan that forces the greatest Military in the world to fight by rules set by the enemy. Americans can barely fire a shot without a political decision made that could unfairly end the careers of Military lifers in a heartbeat. You can't win a war if Americans can be indicted for murder if a civilian is killed in a crossfire.
liberal leaders are to feminine to fight a war!!

Toome

Reaction score
I agree with the basic notion that ROE are politically driven and tend to handicap our troops rather than let them win wars.

I disagree that this is exclusively a liberal phenomena. I've seen it come from both sides of the aisle. I think it's better to say that politicians tend to chicken out no matter how tough their campaign rhetoric. Once it looks like it's getting too gory, liberals and conservatives alike wimp out and leave our troops hanging.

Rookie
Reaction score
We didn't learn anything from LBJ's debacle in VietNam where 50,000 Americans died to enforce a convoluted left wing dogma.
Anti-communist redbaiting was left wing dogma?
Thanks to LBJ's new concept of modern warfare the US would win every battle in VietNam but lose the war.

Agent orange and carpet bombings, you mean?
some convoluted plan that forces the greatest Military in the world to fight by rules set by the enemy
We covered up another My Lai?

Seriously, what are you talking about?

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Reaction score

The "left" took us into Afghanistan? Damn them to hell!!!!!! :eek:

:lol:

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List