Places of Worship Now Essential Service

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for tha
Okay. Not sure how that is relevant in this case. But ok.

Of course you're not. You're grossly uneducated.
Well that's just vapid whining. Not very compelling.

Truth is often not.
Oh look, another flare up of your tourettes.

Meanwhile, the NY Gov just signed an order allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

But in Billy's fantasy world, that's not possible.

Please make sense so that I can respond.
Oops, billy's having another mini stroke. I will give you a sec.

Done?

Ok, you see, the NY Guv signed an order yesterday allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

But in your fantasy world, this cannot happen.

How do we reconcile your fantasy world with reality? That's your job to do so, really.

Perhaps if you explain how in my "fantasy world" this cannot happen, and what that deflection might have to do in any case with your failure to understand the relevance of legislation v. the Constitution?
Oh, so now you do admit that executives have the power to limit all gatherings, including jebus freaks. Great! I knew you coul do it. You can end the tantrum now.

I have not admitted any such things, and your adolescent-level deflections are reflective of your overall educational level.

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."
FFI is an idiot, there is no other explanation for such his obtuse arguing...

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for tha

Truth is often not.

Meanwhile, the NY Gov just signed an order allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

Done?

Ok, you see, the NY Guv signed an order yesterday allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

How do we reconcile your fantasy world with reality? That's your job to do so, really.

Perhaps if you explain how in my "fantasy world" this cannot happen, and what that deflection might have to do in any case with your failure to understand the relevance of legislation v. the Constitution?
Oh, so now you do admit that executives have the power to limit all gatherings, including jebus freaks. Great! I knew you coul do it. You can end the tantrum now.

I have not admitted any such things, and your adolescent-level deflections are reflective of your overall educational level.

Haha, you don't even know what "obtuse" means.

Man we are a country of idiots.

Truth is often not.

Done?

Truth is often not.

Done?

I specifically chose that word to describe your lack of understanding of Constitutional law.

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.

People can still worship if they want, hell, they can even go to church, they just have to figure out creative ways of doing it safely. Many congregations have turned to holding services in a drive in, or holding them in the parking lot while the preacher is broadcasting on a low level AM frequency.

Nobody is stopping anyone from worshiping, they just want people to stay safe.

Yes they could employ creative ways Biker

and while i personally have not been a big lockdown fan ,for Trump to undermine the governors opens pandora's box via the war of the essentials fratenizer 'n chief.....~S~

Well, there's a lot of idiots in this thread that are saying they can't worship in their church, and I'm telling them that they can, it just has to be done a bit different for a while.

I mean really........................is it absolutely essential to sit in a large room in uncomfortable seats, listening to a guy tell you what he thinks Gods plan is for you, while standing under a depiction of a guy who is being brutally tortured and is in extreme pain?

Or.........................can it simply be done in a drive in? Churches aren't really essential, but the congregation is, and if the congregation can safely assemble together, then it doesn't matter where they are, because it's not the building that is the church, it is the people.

I'm still wondering why the Christians who are hollering about their religious freedoms being stopped don't know this.

If you don't like it don't go. It's really none of your freaking business what people decide to do regarding a fundamental constitutional right.

Truth is often not.

Done?

Truth is often not.

Done?

I specifically chose that word to describe your lack of understanding of Constitutional law.
You randomly chose that word because you thought it would make you sound smart, then you misused it. Good stuff.

There is a constitutional problem based on the 1st amendment religion clause when a church is not allowed to have an assembly of more than 10 people, but 100 or more people are allowed to shop at Wally-World at the same time. There are plenty of church auditoriums that can handle groups significantly larger than 10 people and still socially distance.

Truth is often not.

Done?

Truth is often not.

Done?

You randomly chose that word because you thought it would make you sound smart, then you misused it. Good stuff.

No I chose it specifically since it fits...

“lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect”

No I chose it specifically since it fits...

“lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect”
Haha, liar. You just had to go look it up, even. You're kind of dense, aren't ya? The thing about dumb people.. they are often too dense to realize when everyone knows they are full of shit.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.
The state does not get to direct a single one of them.

Freedom to assemble for worship has a tad bit of history in our nation. Going back to Plymouth Rock.

People can still worship if they want, hell, they can even go to church, they just have to figure out creative ways of doing it safely. Many congregations have turned to holding services in a drive in, or holding them in the parking lot while the preacher is broadcasting on a low level AM frequency.

Where in the Constitution does it say the government can dictate how religions are to conduct their faith?

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.
I’ll ask you too. Where in the Constitution does it say government can dictate to religions how they may worship?

Where in the Constitution does it say the government can dictate how religions are to conduct their faith?

This is precisely correct. I can appreciate the fact that millions of Amish Americans as well as others have "home churches" and millions of others rarely attend masses at all. However, that is THEIR choice, not the government's. The idea that the little Fuhrerette in Lansing or other Kim Jong Un wannabes can dictate how the American people practice their faiths is strictly speaking, Stalinesque.

This is precisely correct. I can appreciate the fact that millions of Amish Americans as well as others have "home churches" and millions of others rarely attend masses at all. However, that is THEIR choice, not the government's. The idea that the little Fuhrerette in Lansing or other Kim Jong Un wannabes can dictate how the American people practice their faiths is strictly speaking, Stalinesque.

No, Stalinesque would be telling the ministers WHAT they have to preach.

Telling them they have to follow the same rules as sporting events is just common sense. A virus doesn't care if it's at a church or a shopping mall or a football game. It just wants to spread.

Forum List

Back