Places of Worship Now Essential Service

legislation doesn’t outweigh the Constitution.
But the legislation of which i speak has been on the books for a long, long time. Executives can, in fact, institute curfews, or ban gatherings temporarily, using emergency powers.

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for that.

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
legislation doesn’t outweigh the Constitution.
But the legislation of which i speak has been on the books for a long, long time. Executives can, in fact, institute curfews, or ban gatherings temporarily, using emergency powers.

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for that.

Here in Pennsylvania, the churches were never bound to the lockdown. Most chose to do it voluntarily, but it wasn't mandatory on the part of the state

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.
They shall make no law. YOU, and GOVERNEMENT do NOT get to decide how.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.
Now you are beginning to have your eyes opened.

NO LAWS have been passed. That means that these draconian orders are not legal and no one needs obey an illegal order.

While the Left go change their underwear the rest of you can read this.

Yes, I know you guys consider grovelling in front on an imaginary sky pixie to be "essential".

kind of funny, so many Americans don't bother to go to church, but now that they can't, they want to.
Well, it’s your right to attack the personal beliefs of MLK, Obama, Pelosi, Sharpton, Jackson, JFK, Carter, etc etc.

None of those governors said "do not worship"
Your argument, if that's what one would call it, is ridiculous.
What if a governor shut down and boarded up all schools ....I never said don't learn, says the governor.

Church is far more than just worship just as school is far more than just reading a text book.

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for tha
Okay. Not sure how that is relevant in this case. But ok.

Of course you're not. You're grossly uneducated.
Well that's just vapid whining. Not very compelling.

Truth is often not.
Oh look, another flare up of your tourettes.

Meanwhile, the NY Gov just signed an order allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

But in Billy's fantasy world, that's not possible.

Legislation does not negate the Constitution, nor does precedent. You need an amendment for tha

Truth is often not.

Meanwhile, the NY Gov just signed an order allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

Please make sense so that I can respond.

Truth is often not.

Oops, billy's having another mini stroke. I will give you a sec.

Done?

Ok, you see, the NY Guv signed an order yesterday allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

But in your fantasy world, this cannot happen.

How do we reconcile your fantasy world with reality? That's your job to do so, really.

Truth is often not.

Done?

Ok, you see, the NY Guv signed an order yesterday allowing gatherings of up to 10 people.

How do we reconcile your fantasy world with reality? That's your job to do so, really.

Perhaps if you explain how in my "fantasy world" this cannot happen, and what that deflection might have to do in any case with your failure to understand the relevance of legislation v. the Constitution?

Truth is often not.

Done?

Perhaps if you explain how in my "fantasy world" this cannot happen, and what that deflection might have to do in any case with your failure to understand the relevance of legislation v. the Constitution?
Oh, so now you do admit that executives have the power to limit all gatherings, including jebus freaks. Great! I knew you coul do it. You can end the tantrum now.

Truth is often not.

Done?

Oh, so now you do admit that executives have the power to limit all gatherings, including jebus freaks. Great! I knew you coul do it. You can end the tantrum now.

I have not admitted any such things, and your adolescent-level deflections are reflective of your overall educational level.

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?

1590256485458.png

Forum List

Back