Pitbull love

1075609719795_LITTLE_RASCALS_2054_resized.jpg

I am aware the term pit bull is a bit all encompassing.

This one puts pits in the top 4 instead of 3

Which Dog Breed Has the Strongest Jaw

However you seem to be determined to pretend that pit bulls don't have one of the most powerful bites. You can google it yourself, and discover that they in fact, do.

They dont. Not in foot pounds of pressure they dont, at least not until I see who did the measuring, and when and why it was done. ehow is not known for its scientific integrity.

rca+pit+bull.jpg

They're an American treasure. Dobies went through the same kind of villification some decades ago...for the same reasons...reckless breeding, ignorant people getting them leading to genetically freaky dogs with nervous disorders and disproportionate attacks.

I think education is really key here...and dedication to wiping out the dog fighting industry. Hard to do because it's also really big in Mexico, and we just can't regulate there. I think my son's dog came from a Mexican fighting dog breeder.

I think Cesar Millan has the right idea...educate people, set up rehab centers for pits. Knowledge is power...we've got this problem, so we need to give people the tools they need to deal with the problem and eliminate the problem, instead of just making the dog itself illegal. Because the people who have the dogs that are the problem..they don't care if they're illegal...

However you seem to be determined to pretend that pit bulls don't have one of the most powerful bites. You can google it yourself, and discover that they in fact, do.

They dont. Not in foot pounds of pressure they dont, at least not until I see who did the measuring, and when and why it was done. ehow is not known for its scientific integrity.

The 2nd link I posted referenced a national geographic study which included wolves. Like I said, you can google bite force and discover for yourself :)

It is illegal to own a wolf...so breeders lie and call them wolf hybrids.

They're killers for real, and it's insane that people can own even hybrids.

The 2nd link I posted referenced a national geographic study which included wolves. Like I said, you can google bite force and discover for yourself :)

From your link-

-When discussing which dog breed has the strongest jaw, it is important to keep in mind that this is a rhetorical question that cannot be answered in a definite way.The strength of a dog's bite will vary from breed to breed, animal to animal, and even circumstance to circumstance. -
And this from the same article-

The strength of the bite of a breed can't be measured with any accuracy because you can't teach a dog to bite with consistent force time after time. The bite will be different each time it is measured, and each dog will have a slightly different measurement. It is important to keep in mind that when the bite force of a breed is discussed, it can only be in a general way.

-Trained dogs typically have a higher bite force than untrained ones. A human averages 120 pounds bite force. -
Nothing conclusive there. As a matter of fact, Nat. Geo. just quoted some other peoples numbers.

Referenced, but link is broken so we can't look at the study to see how it was conducted. Do you have a working link to this "study"?

Here's a video about it...between the german shepherd, rottweiler, and pit, the pitbull's bite was the weakest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Referenced, but link is broken so we can't look at the study to see how it was conducted. Do you have a working link to this "study"?

Here's a video about it...between the german shepherd, rottweiler, and pit, the pitbull's bite was the weakest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwMs7cjK0Y]Bite force competition. Pitbull, Rottweiler, and Shepherd - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9UNEDbXAc&feature=related]Which dog has the highest bite force in the world? It comes down to the larger domestic dogs. - YouTube[/ame]

This is true, you can say "out of the 3 it's the weakest", or you can say "its in the top 3 most powerful biters".

2 sides, same coin.

I could post more links, but it's clear that you are sure in your belief that it's all hype and that there is no physical difference between pit bulls and other breeds. So really there's no point in continue to argue with you. :)

All the link go's to the same thing, which is, testing the force in a dogs bits is not really doable. Its like testing which human is the strongest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwMs7cjK0Y]Bite force competition. Pitbull, Rottweiler, and Shepherd - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9UNEDbXAc&feature=related]Which dog has the highest bite force in the world? It comes down to the larger domestic dogs. - YouTube[/ame]

This is true, you can say "out of the 3 it's the weakest", or you can say "its in the top 3 most powerful biters".

2 sides, same coin.

Except it isn't. The second video shows dogs wth much harder bites, such as mastiffs and kangals.

My neighbor has a border collie that can bite butcher bones in half. Obviously, it has some powerful jaws, but are they THE most powerful ? Amy, dont get me wrong, im not trying bust your balls, at least you read the stuff before you post it. In the end, it does not matter how much force they bite with. Its enough to be bad when it happens, and because of that they need responsible owners.

Cats, cool video.

Forum List

Back