Piano Players

But what Billy did upstairs? it's out of control fast... wow!

He's the fucking man, whether on cocaine or not! FUcking fast MOFO... I cannot play it any faster than I do, and he just doubles it for shits and giggles....

I'm just done after watching that over and over, playing 2x my pace... shite! I cannot keep up at all. I don't know if I'm angry or upset.

I'm going to bed with another song I play... gnite...

That's the thing about music.

You think you're good, and then POOF!

You suddenly suck.

Great song....great performance.

Elton is good, but he's no Billy. He's pop. I've been to 4 BJ vs EJ piano concerts, and it's no contest. It's BJ every time. He has great songs, but he's nowhere near billy joel in piano talent. Not even close.

I disagree and so does Billy Joel. He has said a number of times Elton is a much better player. Billy doesn't have a great left hand. He plays mostly octaves with his left hand. Plus he broke his hand in a motorcycle accident and he said that really hurt his playing.

Great song....great performance.

Elton is good, but he's no Billy. He's pop. I've been to 4 BJ vs EJ piano concerts, and it's no contest. It's BJ every time. He has great songs, but he's nowhere near billy joel in piano talent. Not even close.

I disagree and so does Billy Joel. He has said a number of times Elton is a much better player. Billy doesn't have a great left hand. He plays mostly octaves with his left hand. Plus he broke his hand in a motorcycle accident and he said that really hurt his playing.

This is an eternal argument, like who's better, The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

It comes down to a matter of taste. They're both great, for sure! Two of the greatest ever!

But in my opinion, Billy is the real piano man, while Elton is more "pop". At least in the early days before Christie. Then it's a different story, but before her, Billy's the man you wanna hear play some piano. Again, that's IMO. And Billy always tells Elton to just play his greats in concert, bc nobody wants to hear the new crap. Billy gives the people what they want, every time. Instead of playing new bad music to sell an album... Elton disagrees.

Plus, would Sir Elton flip out on a Russian stage and break everything, to protest the Soviet pressure on the fans to not clap or dance while in the light? Like Billy? No. The fans are having a great time, but every time the spotlight is on them, they have to relax and sit like normal, lest they get punished. Billy didn't like that, and flipped the fuck out. This is fucking awesome!!! I can't ever hear this song again without thinking about this. :)

Sneut! I see you rated on the posts. I have high respect for you. How do you feel about this greatest piano player thing?

Here's two of the greatest ever, collaborating for an epic song!

Wow!!

Last edited:
1602299914069.png

Here's Peter Kater again, one of my fav songs... with R. Carlos Nakai of course.

Again, I play this without the wind instruments :)

This is Grace.

Here's Peter Kater once again, but all piano. He takes parts of 3 of his songs to make this trilogy. It is awesome!

So PK is close to BJ and EJ... ugggh... so hard to choose....

I'm talking about pure skill.... EJ is def out. Sorry! But PK vs BJ, is hard to determine...

Forum List

Back