Photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog mourning at his casket pulls the internet's heartstrings

Just as an aside...the current occupant of the WH is the only occupant without a dog in a very very long time.
We still wonder what happened to the Clinton's dog once they didn't need the photo-op. Better to never have one than to abuse these loyal creatures.

You're cruel and a jackass! A Secret Service Agent drove over Buddy in the family driveway. I'm sure the SS still feels awful about it. It happened a few years after they moved to NY.

Just as an aside...the current occupant of the WH is the only occupant without a dog in a very very long time.
We still wonder what happened to the Clinton's dog once they didn't need the photo-op. Better to never have one than to abuse these loyal creatures.

You're cruel and a jackass! A Secret Service Agent drove over Buddy in the family driveway. I'm sure the SS still feels awful about it. It happened a few years after they moved to NY.
You suffer from anthropomorphism. You attribute human feelings to the Clintons. Have you learned nothing?

Is the dog really mourning?
Does he know that Poppy is gone...for good?

I've read in the newspaper where dogs have been taken to the cemetery when the owner was buried and would go back to the grave later and lie on the grave until someone would come get it. It would try to keep coming back for some time.

Last edited:

I've read in the newspaper where dogs have been taken to the cemetery when the owner was buried and would go back to the grave later and lie on the grave until someone would come get it. It would try to keep coming back for some time.

They mentioned who will be sent back the trainers at the VA and placed with another serviceman. I don't think he was with him for a really long time. (Maybe since Barbara died?)

Did everyone see this from last month? This was the first time I knew he had one. That's Bush voting in Texas. (Jim Baker is over his shoulder).

Sully-on-election-day-120218.jpg

Clinton's still have dogs, so do all the other remaining presidents

It is Trump who is not a dogs best friend
The Clinton's never got another dog after Buddy died.

The Bush's Miss Beasley died some time ago. Barney died awhile ago so they have no more dogs

I miss the Barney Christmas films.
"Barneycams". The only good thing to come out of that administration.

Clinton's still have dogs, so do all the other remaining presidents

It is Trump who is not a dogs best friend
The Clinton's never got another dog after Buddy died.

The Bush's Miss Beasley died some time ago. Barney died awhile ago so they have no more dogs

I miss the Barney Christmas films.
"Barneycams". The only good thing to come out of that administration.
They are still on You Tube.

Read this story and you tell me.

German shepherd has stood by owner's grave for 10 years | Daily Mail Online
Hey guys..

I know that dogs have, in the past, done stuff like this, and I know they understood.

But weren't, or aren't that usually in the case where the dog was there for the death, or saw the deceased with their own eyes?

Do you think Sully saw the body?

I'm not sure.

I'm not a dog-person, or anything like that, but its just fascinating to me.

Forum List

Back