George H.W. Bush, one of the greatest Presidents of the United States!

U2Edge

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
George H.W. Bush is probably the greatest President the United States ever had! He led a life of service to his country starting with his service in World War II. He was a fighter pilot, got shot down by the Japanese. He survived in the ocean for four hours before being picked up by a U.S. Submarine. He later served in the U.S. House Of Representatives, then as ambassador to the United Nations, then served as chief of the Liaison office in China. He was then appointed director the CIA. He served as Vice President under Ronald Reagan during which the United States rebuilt is economic and military strength which were vital to winning the Cold War against the Soviet Union. He then was elected President of this great nation. He did send forces to invade Panama because it was necessary and swiftly defeated the threat there with very minimal loss of life considering the size and scale of the operation. When Iraq invaded and annexed Kuwait, George Bush masterfully put together one of the largest coalitions in world history. He then sent that military coalition which included 500,000 US military personal into Kuwait and Iraq and swiftly defeated the 4th largest military in the world in 4 days after 6 weeks of airstrikes. It was probably the greatest military victory in history given the scale of what was accomplished and the fact that only 113 U.S. troops were killed by hostile fire. A tiny fraction of what many predicted the casualties would be. George Bush's popularity vaulted to 91%, the highest ever achieved by any American President. George Bush raised taxes when it was not popular to do so. His last year in office saw quarterly GDP growth each quarter of 1992 ABOVE 4% in each quarter. That was the last time in U.S. history that the United States had 4 consecutive quarters of real GDP growth above 4%. His economic performance and tax plans laid the groundwork for the Surpluses that were seen at the end of the Clinton administration, the first Budget Surpluses since 1969. You would be hard pressed to find a better American patriot or better American President. George H.W. Bush did it all!

Uhhh...

NO.

Not an evil bastard at heart, perhaps.

Certainly a patriot, although some of the shit he did and promoted were definitely not in our best interests, and his globalist agenda was a regressive and detrimental pursuit.

Not going to bash the man. He led an incredible life no matter how you look at him, he deserves that much respect IMO.

IranContra.jpg

a life of PAID 'serbice' eh 'u 2edge' [chuckle] .

Let me guess, you were a fighter pilot and know what combat is like? You know what its like to be shot down and stranded in the ocean for hours without knowing if your going to live?

Uhhh...

NO.

Not an evil bastard at heart, perhaps.

Certainly a patriot, although some of the shit he did and promoted were definitely not in our best interests, and his globalist agenda was a regressive and detrimental pursuit.

Not going to bash the man. He led an incredible life no matter how you look at him, he deserves that much respect IMO.

His policies were in keeping with Roosevelt and Truman, policies that made the United States the most powerful country on earth, prevented the the world from being taken over by Soviet Communism and prevented World War III.

His policies were in keeping with Roosevelt and Truman, policies that made the United States the most powerful country on earth, prevented the the world from being taken over by Soviet Communism and prevented World War III.

I would argue the establishment of the UN was detrimental to the objective of defeating communism, it was just another BAD DEMOCROOK POLICY. It gave them a platform, and "compromising" with treasonous leftist apparatchiks within our own country prolonged the existence of the USSR.

Just my opinion.

He wasn't the worst but he definitely wasnt anywhere near great. He deserves his spot in there with W, O, lbj, jimmeh....which circles the drain.

George H.W. Bush was commander an chief of what was probably the most successful military operation in United States history, Desert Storm, in terms of the scale of the operation, what was achieved, and what it cost. It was an operation that was vital to United States and Global security. Over 500,000 United States personal involved and only 113 deaths from hostile enemy fire. A cost of $70 Billion dollars for 6 weeks of war, paid for by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Germany and Japan. Bush's strategy, diplomacy, and leadership achieved that.

In March 1991 after the Desert Storm was over, George H.W. Bush's popularity soared to 91% in the GALLUP opinion poll, the highest EVER achieved by any sitting President in history!

Let me guess, you were a fighter pilot and know what combat is like? You know what its like to be shot down and stranded in the ocean for hours without knowing if your going to live?
------------------------------------------- 'ghwb' got paid very handsomely for his 'serbice' you old 'bush' worshipper 'U2' . My DAD and 3 Uncles were in WW2 and one Uncle is still buried in France and i was but a tike . Generally speaking i have nothing but respect for the Greatest Generation except for any and ALL 'bush' familia 'U2' .

Last edited:
He wasn't the worst but he definitely wasnt anywhere near great. He deserves his spot in there with W, O, lbj, jimmeh....which circles the drain.
There will NEVER be another President with the resume that GHW Bush had Compare his lifetime to the POS that resides there now

------------------------------------------- 'ghwb' got paid very handsomely for his 'serbice' you old 'bush' worshipper 'U2' . My DAD and 3 Uncles were in WW2 and one Uncle is still buried in France and i was but a tike , Generally speaking i have nothing but respect for the Greatest Generation except for any and ALL 'bush' familia 'U2' .

Does not matter who it is, there is always someone like you that likes to throw unwarrented crap at people no matter who they are what they did for other people. No respect, no objectivity, nothing polite. These people typically have a lot in common with internet trolls and bully's. They only post to trash and tear down people. They appear to have no concept of tact, respect, being polite, nice. They thrive on ridicule and hate. I suggest having a change of heart and saying something nice instead!

------------------------------------------- 'ghwb' got paid very handsomely for his 'serbice' you old 'bush' worshipper 'U2' . My DAD and 3 Uncles were in WW2 and one Uncle is still buried in France and i was but a tike , Generally speaking i have nothing but respect for the Greatest Generation except for any and ALL 'bush' familia 'U2' .

Does not matter who it is, there is always someone like you that likes to throw unwarrented crap at people no matter who they are what they did for other people. No respect, no objectivity, nothing polite. These people typically have a lot in common with internet trolls and bully's. They only post to trash and tear down people. They appear to have no concept of tact, respect, being polite, nice. They thrive on ridicule and hate. I suggest having a change of heart and saying something nice instead!
Pismore??? It's ain't gonna happen for him or trump

just a comment but this 'bush' and 'juan mcstain' were very similar in their style and policies . Both gone now and thats not a bad thing 'U2' .

------------------------------------i pride myself on being very polite in my postings . I just disagree with you in my opinion of the 'bush' familia 'U2' .

Forum List

Back