Photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog mourning at his casket pulls the internet's heartstrings

I wonder where that dog is going to be after our former leader is laid to rest. Earlier this year, I turned on the TV to watch Blue Bloods and ended up catching the end of what comes on before the show, Hawaii 5-0 I believe it was, and at the end of that show, a man was laid to rest and after being taken away from the cemetery, his dog was able to find his way back to the cemetery where ever the man's name was...all on its own.

God bless you and Sully always!!!

Holly

A photo of George HW Bush's service dog lying downbeat besides the casket of his old master on Sunday has spread across social media, causing an outpouring of emotion.

Bush's son Jeb, Governor of Florida, retweeted the photo, with the simple words: "Sully has the watch."

Abigail Ogle, KOCO News anchor, tweeted: "Sully, the service dog of President George H.W. Bush, keeping watch over his best friend. Rest In Peace, 41. Good boy, Sully."

5c0501a098a66e407864bcb7-750-562.jpg
I suspect this is staged. It's a fucking dog. He doesn't know shit what happened.

A photo of George HW Bush's service dog lying downbeat besides the casket of his old master on Sunday has spread across social media, causing an outpouring of emotion.

Bush's son Jeb, Governor of Florida, retweeted the photo, with the simple words: "Sully has the watch."

Abigail Ogle, KOCO News anchor, tweeted: "Sully, the service dog of President George H.W. Bush, keeping watch over his best friend. Rest In Peace, 41. Good boy, Sully."

They could have ironed the flag. Do you think the dog knows he's in there? Can he still smell him, even though he's all formaldehyded?

They don't use formaldehyde anymore. They use Febreze.

Just as an aside...the current occupant of the WH is the only occupant without a dog in a very very long time.
We still wonder what happened to the Clinton's dog once they didn't need the photo-op. Better to never have one than to abuse these loyal creatures.
Clinton's still have dogs, so do all the other remaining presidents

It is Trump who is not a dogs best friend
The Clinton's never got another dog after Buddy died.

The Bush's Miss Beasley died some time ago. Barney died awhile ago so they have no more dogs

I miss the Barney Christmas films.

I wonder where that dog is going to be after our former leader is laid to rest. Earlier this year, I turned on the TV to watch Blue Bloods and ended up catching the end of what comes on before the show, Hawaii 5-0 I believe it was, and at the end of that show, a man was laid to rest and after being taken away from the cemetery, his dog was able to find his way back to the cemetery where ever the man's name was...all on its own.

Holly
Sully is going back to the service dog agency and will be redeployed elsewhere.

They could have ironed the flag. Do you think the dog knows he's in there? Can he still smell him, even though he's all formaldehyded?

obama is probably eyeing him as a good meal

Holly
Only to end up in the same picture eventually I am guessing. I won't be surprised if that dog were to wonder at some point, "What did I do to deserve such a life?"

God bless you and the dog always!!!

Holly

P.S. If a dog like the one on TV can have such a memory, so can another.

Holly
Only to end up in the same picture eventually I am guessing. I won't be surprised if that dog were to wonder at some point, "What did I do to deserve such a life?"

Holly

Sully's next deployment is working with wounded vets at Walter Reed.

George H.W. Bush's service dog rests near his casket in moving photo: 'Mission complete'

obama is probably eyeing him as a good meal
47254956_773724916309339_8567710124813058048_n.jpg

Holly

Holly

Sully's next deployment is working with wounded vets at Walter Reed.

George H.W. Bush's service dog rests near his casket in moving photo: 'Mission complete'

Thank you for the info. Hope he gets a great home....and people who love him and care for him.

I saw that earlier today! (I'm NOT prone to tears but this photo did it. I teared me up. I fully admit it).

Stupid opportunistic photo-op seeking dog.

The loyalty of dogs....is something amazing.....so close to GOD.

I love them with all my heart.

Forum List

Back