Perry adds anti-groping bill to special session

But in this case, it's not the airlines refusing the service; it's the government.

They're a regulated industry. Just as we don't have a Right to fly, these airlines don't have a Right to use US Airspace if they don't play by the Government's rules.

HUH? Not trying to be snide here but I was unaware that the Air Space around our Nation was "owned" by the Government I had always thought the airspace and land belong to the People.

Explain how it is that 9 years goes by with no TSA sexually assaulting children and now 10 years later it suddenly there is an extreme need to control our Population......How does that work exactly?

HUH? Not trying to be snide here but I was unaware that the Air Space around our Nation was "owned" by the Government I had always thought the airspace and land belong to the People.

US Airspace is operated and regulated by the FAA. As for who "owns" it, that's an immaterial, intellectual discussion that I couldn't care any less about. If you want to spend time in the "friendly skies", you do what the FAA tells you to do; or you end up grounded.

Explain how it is that 9 years goes by with no TSA sexually assaulting children and now 10 years later it suddenly there is an extreme need to control our Population......How does that work exactly?

Very simple.... A new technology was introduced that a bunch of people didn't like. So they started squalking about it being unsafe and invasive and refusing to deal with it. That forces the TSA to show these people what a truly invasive search actually IS. There are only two reasons to refuse to go through the scanner.... 1. You're hiding something. 2. You're an asshole. Either way you get what you deserve.

As for the "additional screening"; I've already commented that I'd prefer strip-searches of every passenger and member of the aircrew, so I think you can figure out where I stand on that issue.

US Airspace is operated and regulated by the FAA. As for who "owns" it, that's an immaterial, intellectual discussion that I couldn't care any less about. If you want to spend time in the "friendly skies", you do what the FAA tells you to do; or you end up grounded.

Very simple.... A new technology was introduced that a bunch of people didn't like. So they started squalking about it being unsafe and invasive and refusing to deal with it. That forces the TSA to show these people what a truly invasive search actually IS. There are only two reasons to refuse to go through the scanner.... 1. You're hiding something. 2. You're an asshole. Either way you get what you deserve.

As for the "additional screening"; I've already commented that I'd prefer strip-searches of every passenger and member of the aircrew, so I think you can figure out where I stand on that issue.

Or nobody want's to go through a Microwave......again the Technology was quite old and the bid came from a Donor to this administration.....So lets get back to the fact the 9 years has past without the TSA making us Safe 9 years mind you so again how is the TSA keeping you safe?

I know for a fact that they are not doing a damn thing to keep the public safe their job isn't in fact to keep anyone safe from anything.

I know for a fact that they are not doing a damn thing to keep the public safe their job isn't in fact to keep anyone safe from anything.

Which is why I go out of my way not to fly unless it's absolutely necessary. On those occassions that it is necessary, I accept the requirements to do so. I have no problem being "microwaved". If I'm going to get Cancer, I'm going to get Cancer. If not, I won't. That's the way Fate operates. There's nothing I can do about it.

BTW - What is your alternative plan for airport security, since you don't appear to be in favor of either scanners or patdowns? Do we just let everyone walk in unscreened?

Well goody. Is he going to extend that to Law Enforcement Officers?

And you do know that searches are in lieu of going through scanners. Now people will either be forced to go through scanners or not fly?

Because flying isn't a right. It's a service. And airlines have the "right" to refuse service.

It's pretty sad that in order for us to accept this "service" we must either be subjected to a fuckload of radiation or be molested...

Strangely enough..we agree here.

You think it's odd that we all agree here?

Which is why I go out of my way not to fly unless it's absolutely necessary. On those occassions that it is necessary, I accept the requirements to do so. I have no problem being "microwaved". If I'm going to get Cancer, I'm going to get Cancer. If not, I won't. That's the way Fate operates. There's nothing I can do about it.

BTW - What is your alternative plan for airport security, since you don't appear to be in favor of either scanners or patdowns? Do we just let everyone walk in unscreened?

I'm wondering why Israel doesn't do what we do seems to me they would be the classic case for it yet they have no need.

How about Russia they have a huge problem yet they don't subject their population to such asinine actions or how about Britain now there's a classic if I've ever heard of needing such draconian measures but they seemingly have no need.

What we are seeing is this administration attempting to pacify our population in the name of Security that we don't need and didn't need for the previous 9 years

What we are seeing is this administration attempting to pacify our population in the name of Security that we don't need and didn't need for the previous 9 years

So your suggestion is no security whatsoever. Great idea. No thanks.

Americans have no idea what Security IS. They think a 78 year old and his 19 year old partner with walkie-talkies riding around on Segways are Security. That is not and never will be Security.

Security is knowing that if you step out of line there will be real-time consequences and you probably won't like them very much because they will be unpleasant and probably painful. Possibly Fatal.

Americans have no idea what Security IS. They think a 78 year old and his 19 year old partner with walkie-talkies riding around on Segways are Security. That is not and never will be Security.

Security is knowing that if you step out of line there will be real-time consequences and you probably won't like them very much because they will be unpleasant and probably painful. Possibly Fatal.

So if I'm to understand it isn't the Muslims that killed 3000 people on that day its to keep mom and pop traveler in line with some form of punishment if they don't toe the line.

Mind you this happened 9 years after the fact so I'm just asking because I don't remember Mom or pop traveler doing anything in the first place to warrant have our rights abrogated.

Of course this is seemingly secondary to your goal of having "Security" against grandma and that terrorist 6 year old sitting next to you.

I'm quite sure that an individuals or individuals bent on doing harm are in fact quaking in their shoes at the possibility of all this punishment coming down on them yes I'm sure the TSA has just scared the bloody hell out of them.. Are you fucking kidding? you cannot be serious

Sio your alternatives are draconian fascist-type security assuming everyone is a terrorist or no security at all?
Fallacy: False Dilemma

I was thinking about applying for 'Senior Groper' at the TSA, but Rick Perry is putting a Kaibosh on my career plans. Damn you Rick Perry!

Well this sucks. I used to rely on the TSA for free sex. When ever I was horny I would just fly somewhere. Now what am i going to do? :lol:

So if I'm to understand it isn't the Muslims that killed 3000 people on that day its to keep mom and pop traveler in line with some form of punishment if they don't toe the line.

It's actually for BOTH.

Mind you this happened 9 years after the fact so I'm just asking because I don't remember Mom or pop traveler doing anything in the first place to warrant have our rights abrogated.

Remember, I am not a strong believer in Liberty nor Freedom. I don't believe most Americans deserve either of those things and almost as few deserve any actual form of Rights. I'm much more of a "Privileges granted for good behavior" type.

Of course this is seemingly secondary to your goal of having "Security" against grandma and that terrorist 6 year old sitting next to you.

On the street I take care of my own security. Most of the time that comes down to being vigilant and knowing that I have the tools to deal with it, should the fight come to me. ANYWHERE that my right to protect myself is infringed I attempt to avoid as much as possible. On those occasions when I cannot avoid it, I expect that the management of those places provide proper security. That's all I'm asking for.... Either allow me to protect myself, or actually do it for me if you won't let me do it for myself.

I'm quite sure that an individuals or individuals bent on doing harm are in fact quaking in their shoes at the possibility of all this punishment coming down on them yes I'm sure the TSA has just scared the bloody hell out of them.. Are you fucking kidding? you cannot be serious

Those individuals truly bent on doing harm to others will always find a way to do so. It should be the intent of "Security" to....

a. Make it as difficult as possible for those people with the will to cause problems
b. Make sure those who to succeed to some level do not survive the incident.
c. Make it totally impossible for those without sufficient will to even come close to succeeding in causing problems.

It's actually for BOTH.

Remember, I am not a strong believer in Liberty nor Freedom. I don't believe most Americans deserve either of those things and almost as few deserve any actual form of Rights. I'm much more of a "Privileges granted for good behavior" type.

On the street I take care of my own security. Most of the time that comes down to being vigilant and knowing that I have the tools to deal with it, should the fight come to me. ANYWHERE that my right to protect myself is infringed I attempt to avoid as much as possible. On those occasions when I cannot avoid it, I expect that the management of those places provide proper security. That's all I'm asking for.... Either allow me to protect myself, or actually do it for me if you won't let me do it for myself.

Those individuals truly bent on doing harm to others will always find a way to do so. It should be the intent of "Security" to....

a. Make it as difficult as possible for those people with the will to cause problems
b. Make sure those who to succeed to some level do not survive the incident.
c. Make it totally impossible for those without sufficient will to even come close to succeeding in causing problems.

Wow just Wow issues dude serious issues.

Robert, "really nice guys" finish LAST.

There are two types of creature on planet Earth, Predators and Prey. If you aren't one you are the other. Most predators do not attempt to prey on other predators. Therefore it's much better to be a predator than to be prey. I will not be prey. It's that simple.

There are two types of creature on planet Earth, Predators and Prey. If you aren't one you are the other. Most predators do not attempt to prey on other predators. Therefore it's much better to be a predator than to be prey. I will not be prey. It's that simple.

You already are.... you just haven't figured it out yet.

Somehow I dont want a plane ride to see my mother to become a life and death struggle.
But that's just me.

Well goody. Is he going to extend that to Law Enforcement Officers?

And you do know that searches are in lieu of going through scanners. Now people will either be forced to go through scanners or not fly?

Because flying isn't a right. It's a service. And airlines have the "right" to refuse service.

The airlines have zilch nada to do with TSA. Just FYI.

Oh.

So after being screened by the TSA..passengers do what?

Use transporters? Or boats..to get to their destinations?

My bad.

I thought they boarded airplanes.

You seem to know something I don't.

Forum List

Back