Perhaps a difference in education? [Civil War Monuments]

BETH-MIDAN

May 20, 2017
Provo, UT
I went to an international school in an oil rich third world muslim country. What we were taught about the civil war mustve been different than kids domestically in highschool. My teacher was an australian and alot of international kids received the same education about slavery and the civil war as I did.

1. I was taught that slavery was circumstantial to agrarian concern and the total cotton product on the planet.
2. That states who emancipated their slaves were under no duress to economic production when they emancipated their slaves, many of which had few slaves if any.
3. Russia was the last country to free its indentured persons economy.
4. The Civil war was a war of independence from forming European power upcoming to world war one.
5. Emancipation was a political object of the development of production automation (such as vehicles and machinery processing) and there was a global powers race in finance to acquire them. (Yes, timely with Marxism)
6. Emancipation was no favor and was a political tool used by totalist European powers in political competition with eachother.
7. Slavery was circumstantial to the war for states rights in the largest cotton producing country which was not ahead in the race to acquire machine processing.

Keep in mind this was at the time the steam engine was beginning to revolutionize transport and steam power was changing industry and the first world war was soon to occur and there was a great race between powers to gain industry with finance.

That Aussie teacher obviously didn't impart any knowledge on sentence construction. What the hell are you trying to say?

Disclaimer:
For those who went to schools that used the term "context clues", 'context', not included.

I went to an international school in an oil rich third world muslim country. What we were taught about the civil war mustve been different than kids domestically in highschool. My teacher was an australian and alot of international kids received the same education about slavery and the civil war as I did.

1. I was taught that slavery was circumstantial to agrarian concern and the total cotton product on the planet.
2. That states who emancipated their slaves were under no duress to economic production when they emancipated their slaves, many of which had few slaves if any.
4. The Civil war was a war of independence from forming European power upcoming to world war one.
5. Emancipation was a political object of the development of production automation (such as vehicles and machinery processing) and there was a global powers race in finance to acquire them. (Yes, timely with Marxism)
6. Emancipation was no favor and was a political tool used by totalist European powers in political competition with eachother.
7. Slavery was circumstantial to the war for states rights in the largest cotton producing country which was not ahead in the race to acquire machine processing.

Keep in mind this was at the time the steam engine was beginning to revolutionize transport and steam power was changing industry and the first world war was soon to occur and there was a great race between powers to gain industry with finance.

You got a shitty education.

You got a shitty education.

Scrub in your shit.

great thread, thank you. :) welcome to the sausageboard. pay no attention to the guys upthread, under the bridge, most of us do.

everything in your op is true, it's a complicated history. but i like what you bring to the table. it's an interesting perspective, and we could use more of that around here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back