People ARE working

You are full of shit. Walmart's starting wage for cashiers is $12.50. Fresh area just went to $14. Target is working with a $15 minimum, same at Amazon. And that college education bullshit is only from a select few online providers, and then it still requires filling out a FAFSA and getting financial aid from the government. The Pell grant, which almost anyone working for Walmart will get the maximum, pays the bulk of the education costs. They trumpet that shit as if they are doing something, and they contract it out to a third party to administer.
I stopped reading when, as a typical liberal, you called me full of shit because your experience is different.

I swear, liberals get nastier and nastier by the day.

Interesting you mention Africa. Because refugees from Africa have proven to be a great source of workers for the United States. In fact, it is more likely for the child of an immigrant from Africa to get a scholarship to an Ivy League school than it is for the children of American blacks. That ought to tell you something.
Hahah..that’s not all that clever bud…you’re trying hard…that’s neat BUT I’m pretty sure we both know Dr. Rutagengwa from Rwanda is quite the unicorn and not really who were talking about.
You globalist Hate America types are all over the place silly…super fun and facinating though…thanks for the free entertainment.

Many people are choosing not to work because of the extreme low margin of benefit that a two income household provides while entertaining the huge risk of incurring infection by coronavirus.

Daycare is extremely expensive... eating up a huge chunk of a second income...so does transportation and clothing and the lousy restaurant food. Leaving a small fraction of a paycheck increase in the household budget for extras. Maybe $20-50 a month...

And someone else is raising YOUR children.

I am bored though...not a lot of commercial industrial electricians are needed right now as offices are empty and production facilities don't have materials to produce...

Maybe in the spring I'll go back...I wanna buy a farm. They are expensive. We don't need my paycheck anyway to make ends meet. (Wife is considerably younger than me)
And if it doesn't work out...I'll just formally retire and call it a day.

There's no where out of country to visit anyway...and I'm just not interested in luxury stuff. I don't collect unemployment or retirement yet....not even my own retirement I saved.

So...I think a lot of people are in similar shoes...they just really don't want a job in the middle of a pandemic. It's not over...it's still risky even with a vaccination. (Too many antivaxxers/anti-mask people running around who are sick pups)

I am bored though....I do want out. And when I feel it's safe I will get back out.

What are those alleged payments? If the covid payments have stopped, what are these non-workers getting paid?
They are getting paid the government child support checks. They began in July. Someone I know quit her part-time job because she is getting $1000 tax-free every month. That‘s like $15,000 a year from OTHER people’s earnings! Why work when someone else pays you not to?

Now multiply that by millions of people, and it’s clear why people are refusing to work.

I stopped reading when, as a typical liberal, you called me full of shit because your experience is different.

I swear, liberals get nastier and nastier by the day.
You should have read it all, like a normal human being. And you would have seen where YMMV may apply to your community, but not to Walmart or Amazon across the country.

You should have read it all, like a normal human being. And you would have seen where YMMV may apply to your community, but not to Walmart or Amazon across the country.
And you shouldn’t start a debate by calling the other person full of shit. Grow up and learn to converse like an adult instead of a liberal.

Interesting you mention Africa. Because refugees from Africa have proven to be a great source of workers for the United States. In fact, it is more likely for the child of an immigrant from Africa to get a scholarship to an Ivy League school than it is for the children of American blacks. That ought to tell you something.
Tells you all you need to know about democrat racism.

They are getting paid the government child support checks. They began in July. Someone I know quit her part-time job because she is getting $1000 tax-free every month. That‘s like $15,000 a year from OTHER people’s earnings! Why work when someone else pays you not to?

Now multiply that by millions of people, and it’s clear why people are refusing to work.
Who is eligible for those payments?

For 2018, the recently passed GOP tax reform bill doubles the amount of the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000 per qualifying child. In other words, if you have one child, you'll be able to claim a $2,000 credit. For two children, your credit is $4,000.

Horseshit again. Unless your friend is getting the EITC fronted and has like five kids no way in hell she is getting a thousand a month. And if she has five kids, damn right, she need to stay at home. I gave you the numbers for the child support checks. Only half is advanced, and that is $150 for kids under six, $125 for those 6 - 17. Where the hell is this fifteen grand number coming from other than your delusional mind.

And you shouldn’t start a debate by calling the other person full of shit. Grow up and learn to converse like an adult instead of a liberal.
Maybe you need to grow up. That's SOP in POLITICS. If you want NICE go to the "clean debate zone"

Child tax credit is $3600, up from $2000 per kid.

Child tax credit is $3600, up from $2000 per kid.
And that’s not the worst of it. It USED to be that it was a cresir against tax owed. Now it is just welfare .- the full amount given to everyone with kids, including the half who don’t pay taxes at all.

All Welfare mothers with five kids, and living in subsidized housing, getting free Medicaid, on food stamps, free breakfasts and lunches for the kiddos, has just been handed an ADDITIONAL $1500 cash money to spend as she pleases.

And that’s not the worst of it. It USED to be that it was a cresir against tax owed. Now it is just welfare .- the full amount given to everyone with kids, including the half who don’t pay taxes at all.

All Welfare mothers with five kids, and living in subsidized housing, getting free Medicaid, on food stamps, free breakfasts and lunches for the kiddos, has just been handed an ADDITIONAL $1500 cash money to spend as she pleases.
$1400 of it was refundable under Trump, so your details are still off.

I know. It’s terrible. Decreasing child poverty is just so wrong.

Forum List

Back