People ARE working

I never claimed to be tolerant or polite. I only claim to be right. If you can't take the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen.
Except you’re wrong, and the fact that you verbally assault anyone with a different opinion shows you are not interested in a debate .- just being nasty to those who aren’t submitting to the liberal agenda.

A big reason the independents in Virginia are breaking for Youngkin is that they have had enough of the liberal hate and intimidation to anyone who speaks the truth.

$1400 of it was refundable under Trump, so your details are still off.

I know. It’s terrible. Decreasing child poverty is just so wrong.
Huh? Parents earning $100,000, $125,000, even $150,000 are getting this money. That bit about “the poor children” is more liberal crappola.

And what about the inflation that results from weakening the value of the dollar? Increasing elderly poverty is OK by liberals.

Huh? Parents earning $100,000, $125,000, even $150,000 are getting this money. That bit about “the poor children” is more liberal crappola.

And what about the inflation that results from weakening the value of the dollar? Increasing elderly poverty is OK by liberals.
Under Trump’s law the credit went to families earning up to $400,000 which is totally bonkers.

But you were talking about the refundable portion, which doesn’t apply to people who have significant income.

I mean, if a lot fewer kids in poverty means I have to pay 4% more, so be it. You’re making an argument that we need people in poverty and it’s a little scary.

Under Trump’s law the credit went to families earning up to $400,000 which is totally bonkers.

But you were talking about the refundable portion, which doesn’t apply to people who have significant income.

I mean, if a lot fewer kids in poverty means I have to pay 4% more, so be it. You’re making an argument that we need people in poverty and it’s a little scary.
You’re making the argument that the inflation that results, and throws more elderly into poverty, is OK. That is more than a little scary.

You’re making the argument that the inflation that results, and throws more elderly into poverty, is OK. That is more than a little scary.
Why would it throw more elderly into poverty? SS is inflation adjusted.

Thanks. Cut me off a piece of that action!
Yikes! I just checked it out, and it’s even crazier than I thought. Families earning up to $150,000 get the full amount, but families earning up to $400,000 (!) can get a portion as the benefit phases out.

The childless adults and retirees pay for this via their taxes, ans in the form of higher inflation. But that’s liberalism for ya: they have their favorites and institute policies that pick winners and losers.

Are you kidding. SS is only a portion of the income. It offsets inflation somewhat, but overall, elders are losing purchasing power.

Sure they are. But have you noticed the lack of quality people who are working? It's almost like every unqualified retard in the country ran out of unemployment benefits and were forced to get a job.

:laughing0301:
It's pretty easy to spot the liberals in the workforce.

$1,800/mo raised by $76 is crap...
Thats what I get around this area. (Other areas get a larger check)
Its nowhere near enough to live on. It protects nothing and "cost of living" increases are another joke... especially when retirees mostly buy food, energy, and medical care.

Are you kidding. SS is only a portion of the income. It offsets inflation somewhat, but overall, elders are losing purchasing power.
Social security is what keeps them out of poverty.

The rest of their income is derived from investments. Market is up like 25% in the last 2 years.

Its nowhere near enough to live on. It protects nothing and "cost of living" increases are another joke... especially when retirees mostly buy food, energy, and medical care.
5% increase seems pretty appropriate to me.

Social security is what keeps them out of poverty.

The rest of their income is derived from investments. Market is up like 25% in the last 2 years.
And if I had ever had a chance to avoid SS and have any other retirement program I would get a raise in pay at retirement.

Railroad retirement and Church Pastor's retirement are examples of just that.

Those guys are much better off financially when they retire than working. Unlike the rest of the citizens who have to have a primary retirement portfolio in addition to SS.

And the winner of the 2021 ignore the obvious award goes to....
So true. I was at a hotel last week, and half the places were closed because they couldn’t get staff. Couldn’t get a decent meal - no workers. Couldn‘t get a fresh towel - shortage of maids. No room service - not enough staff.

I was at a Home Depot yesterday and left after 90 minutes of waiting for the ONE guy working the appliance department to become available. Less than half staffed, despite signing “bribes” and wages that were 50% higher than 18 months ago.

I was at Sephora a few days ago. NO staff on the floor. When I asked at the Counter what’s going on, I was told that the people who had been working there previously are refusing to come back.

Went to a big grocery store at 10:00 am today, Saturday. busy time. Two cashiers were working, with each line about six or seven people long. Couldn’t open more - no staff.

But sure. The leftists are insisting that everyone is working.

Last edited:
And if I had ever had a chance to avoid SS and have any other retirement program I would get a raise in pay at retirement.

Railroad retirement and Church Pastor's retirement are examples of just that.

Those guys are much better off financially when they retire than working. Unlike the rest of the citizens who have to have a primary retirement portfolio in addition to SS.
Pensions are indeed nice deals if you can get them but as we’ve seen they’re nearly extinct, too expensive to the bottom line for corporate America.

Pensions are indeed nice deals if you can get them but as we’ve seen they’re nearly extinct, too expensive to the bottom line for corporate America.
Its my own money! They aren't paid by the company except for a pittance of matching funds.... unlike SS which requires an equal amount.

Don’t forget - some of that windfall will have to pay increased Medicare. Maybe you’ll end up with $60 more a month, which is likely taxable, so figure $50 more a month.

Now compare the extra $50 a month you’re getting to the xtra $1000 a month families earning as much as $150,000 are getting.

1)Seniors with an income of $40,000: here’s an extra $50
2)Affluemt families earning $150,000: here’s an extra $1000 tax free

Forum List

Back