People ARE working

So true. I was at a hotel last week, and half the places were closed because they couldnā€™t get staff. Couldnā€™t get a decent meal - no workers. Couldnā€˜t get a fresh towel - shortage of maids. No room service - not enough staff.

I was at a Home Depot yesterday and left after 90 minutes of waiting for the ONE guy working the appliance department to become available. Less than half staffed, despite signing ā€œbribesā€ and wages that were 50% higher than 18 months ago.

I was at Sephora a few days ago. NO staff on the floor. When I asked at the Counter whatā€™s going on, I was told that the people who had been working there previously are refusing to come back.

Went to a big grocery store at 10:00 am today, Saturday. busy time. Two cashiers were working, with each line about six or seven people long. Couldnā€™t open more - no stage.

But sure. The leftists are insisting that everyone is working.
It's like I say... at this point.. they have nothing else to do.
Take CNN.. they talk WAAAY more about what Trump is doing than Biden.
Right now on CNN - on their front page - 4 stories about Trump. NONE about Biden.
And that is what they have done all year.
There is nothing good going on right now. Every facet of everything isn't better than what it was. So all they can do is try and distract from that and talk about something else. Like TRUUUUMPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elderly in poverty bad. Children in poverty good.
The government support checks should NOT be going to a family earning $150,000.

And are you pretending that our great country already doesnā€™t have a slew of programs to keep children out of poverty? If their parents are poor, they live in subsidized housing, get free Medicaid, get food stamps, get free breakfasts, get free lunches, etc. etc.

I know. Itā€™s terrible. Decreasing child poverty is just so wrong.

I mean, if a lot fewer kids in poverty means I have to pay 4% more, so be it. Youā€™re making an argument that we need people in poverty and itā€™s a little scary.
Meanwhile, the faux nobles looking to solve poverty continue to expand Americas underclass by recruiting millions of desperate thirdworlders.
The loonytoon LefTards canā€™t get out of their own way on ANY of the issues they proclaim to be so passionate about.

It's getting tiring hearing the whining going on by the msm that there's a labor shortage. Unemployment pay is gone now. People are working. This is a bunch of baloney.

Well all the now hiring signs I see virtually at every restaurant near me, all the manufacturing places near me have almost permanent now hiring signs, sign on bonus signs allover and so on say otherwise.

You know what else argues against you?

The bureau of labor statistics

Even a simple Google search of "us employment rates" says otherwise.

Elderly in poverty bad. Children in poverty good.
The problem is the Government...
They created the mess...not the citizens.

And child poverty is a joke... children don't work in America....it's illegal to employ them since at some point AFTER the civil war... while the South used slave labor the North was busy using child labor...and continued to do so for a good while afterwards. They would basically kidnap them out of schools and put them to work climbing in and out of machinery...many died.

It's getting tiring hearing the whining going on by the msm that there's a labor shortage. Unemployment pay is gone now. People are working. This is a bunch of baloney.
The labor shortage story is a hoax created to justify inflation by reducing shelf items and letting the fuel stock dwindle to almost out conditions.

Well all the now hiring signs I see virtually at every restaurant near me, all the manufacturing places near me have almost permanent now hiring signs, sign on bonus signs allover and so on say otherwise.

You know what else argues against you?

The bureau of labor statistics

Even a simple Google search of "us employment rates" says otherwise.
Then why do they not respond when I apply?

The government support checks should NOT be going to a family earning $150,000.

And are you pretending that our great country already doesnā€™t have a slew of programs to keep children out of poverty? If their parents are poor, they live in subsidized housing, get free Medicaid, get food stamps, get free breakfasts, get free lunches, etc. etc.
I mean, a family earning $150,000 isnā€™t going to be getting a check, but a reduction in their taxes. Still nothing to say about credits going to families making $400,000?

I know that these payments are keeping kids out of poverty. Itā€™s a fact.

The problem is the Government...
They created the mess...not the citizens.
COVID created a mess. It screwed up basically every part of the economy. Nothing is in balance. It will be eventually, but now it sucks.

I mean, a family earning $150,000 isnā€™t going to be getting a check, but a reduction in their taxes. Still nothing to say about credits going to families making $400,000?

I know that these payments are keeping kids out of poverty. Itā€™s a fact.

Iā€™ve been complaining about all the benefits going to families earning $150,000, and even partial benefits to wealthy families earning $400,000.

As far as lifting 3 million children out of poverty, why donā€˜t the leftists just limit the handouts to children in poverty-level homes? They cast a wide net, giving money to tens of millions of families who are well above poverty, even downright affluent, for one reason: to buy votes.

According to government poverty lines, a family of four with an income of $26,500 is below poverty, $31,000 for a family of five. So why not just limit the welfare expansion to HHI of $30,000 or less? and then start phasing it out to where families at $50,000 get nothing?

IOW, if libs are going to brag about this program lifting 3. Illion children out of poverty, why not just limit it to families IN poverty? Or is the problem theyā€™re not buying enough votes if the restrict it like that?

2021 Poverty Guidelines

Just went to an urgent care with my daughter. Sign literally says, ā€œwe are closed due to employment shortageā€. I am at another one now typing this. Youā€™re a full of it.

Just went to an urgent care with my daughter. Sign literally says, ā€œwe are closed due to employment shortageā€. I am at another one now typing this. Youā€™re a full of it.
OMG. And I thought I had it bad when I stated at a luxury hotel, where they were so short staffed that there was nowhere to eat. I ended up at an eatery at an outlet mall, and even that was only half open.

Forum List

Back