Pelosi's Taiwan trip is just a ruse to get the DUI and insider trading off the front page

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
The Pelosi's have been taking a beating in the news lately. I'm amazed that so many outlets are praising this trip and the, "china doesn't tell us what to do," crowd
Not buying it
And don't give me the, "well she's had this trip planned for weeks." argument.
This is pure optics.

The Pelosi's have been taking a beating in the news lately. I'm amazed that so many outlets are praising this trip and the, "china doesn't tell us what to do," crowd
Not buying it
This is pure optics.

I can't argue that, it may very well be the reason.

Two separate issues.
1. No clue how China will respond to her visit to Taiwan. They are making a lot of noise, we'll soon see if they slap leather. I'll be impressed if Nancy touches down in Taiwan.
2. The Pelosi's legal problems are not going away, whether they make the front page or the last page. She's retiring after this term, so their money will keep them out of jail, as she fades from the news.

Democrats "We can't make things here in the US... manufacturing everything we need from vitamin C to N95 masks to solar panels in China is A-Okay!"

Also Democrats "Let's go kick China in the nutsack for no apparent reason!"

Not buying it
This is pure optics.

They're pissed that the war in Ukraine isn't being taken seriously....so Pelosi is trying to start another one in China.

They're pissed that the war in Ukraine isn't being taken seriously....so Pelosi is trying to start another one in China.
FZFGNF5UYAEwAnF.jpg

FZE5bToUEAANH72.jpg

What is it about the speaker of the house making a trip to Tawain in 40 years. Nothing!!

Why would a Speaker of the House make a trip like this. This is something for VP Sec of State etc.

The DUI and the stock trades belong to her husband. That's similar to me not holding Justice Thomas to his wife's doings.

Not buying it
This is pure optics.

If Nancy went to Asia and DIDN'T go to Taiwan, you'd be posting that she's snubbing Taiwan. This will embolden China in further aggression. Or that she caved out of fear of Xi's threats. Or you'd say she's in the pocket of the Chinese and trot out the old story of her Chinese spy driver.

Now you're saying she's deliberately provoking the Chinese by going to Taiwan, for a photo op. Sounds to me like Pelosi was always damned if she did and damned if she didn't, in your eyes.

You've got your hate speeches all prepared no matter which way this goes.

Forum List

Back