Pelosi wants to stack the court

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) says that she supports term limits for the Supreme Court amid scrutiny over the court's ethics standards.

Pelosi also said a conversation should be had about an expansion of the court, but would not outright endorse expanding the court, while speaking on MSNBC's Inside with Jen Psaki.

"It’s been over 150 years since we’ve had an expansion of the court. It was in the time of Lincoln that it went up to nine. So the subject of whether that should happen is a discussion. It’s not a rallying cry. But it’s a discussion. The president formed a commission, they did not recommend expansion of the court, that shouldn’t be the end of it," Pelosi said.

"But there certainly should be term limits. There certainly should be — and if nothing else, there should be some ethical rules that would be followed. I had one justice tell me he thought the other justices were people of integrity, like a Clarence Thomas; I'm like 'get out of here,'" she continued.

Comment:
Let's give congressmen and senators term limits first and see how it works out.
Pelosi has been looting the taxpayers and stockholders for over 35 years.
Hey hey ho ho it's time for Pelosi to go.
Pelosi talking about ethics is about outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.

Last edited:
Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) says that she supports term limits for the Supreme Court amid scrutiny over the court's ethics standards.

Pelosi also said a conversation should be had about an expansion of the court, but would not outright endorse expanding the court, while speaking on MSNBC's Inside with Jen Psaki.

"It’s been over 150 years since we’ve had an expansion of the court. It was in the time of Lincoln that it went up to nine. So the subject of whether that should happen is a discussion. It’s not a rallying cry. But it’s a discussion. The president formed a commission, they did not recommend expansion of the court, that shouldn’t be the end of it," Pelosi said.

"But there certainly should be term limits. There certainly should be — and if nothing else, there should be some ethical rules that would be followed. I had one justice tell me he thought the other justices were people of integrity, like a Clarence Thomas; I'm like 'get out of here,'" she continued.

Comment:
Pelosi talking about ethics is as about as outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.
Congressmen and Senators need to run for office every two or six years
Supreme Court Judges are for life

Limit them to 20 years

Comment:
Pelosi talking about ethics is as about as outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.
I would not be against Term Limit for SCOTUS, but is it constitutional?

Of course she does. She doesn’t just want to fill vacancies as a Justice retires or passes away, she wants to create vacancies I order to pack the courts. FDR tried to do that and he was stopped

Comment:
Pelosi talking about ethics is about outrageous as Madonna talking about the need or chastity.
Who cares what that hag thinks. She’s a nobody now. She needs to control her gay husband’s night parties.

Comment:
Piglosi is the same old broken record that she was when she was booted from the leadership role. As for her comment on the integrity of the current justices--I consider the source and ignore it. She is not one to speak to the subject of ethical government. Lock her up.

Comment:
I wonder what the bitch thinks about term limits for elected officials. No need to ask, we know the answer.

Yes, it is constitutional for congress to decide the number of judges on the SC, however this could cause a lot of chaos if congress starts making changes for purely political purposes.
I knew they could change the number, but can it be term limited, or is that a constitutional question? I have not looked at that wording.

Comment:
But no term limits for politicians?

Forum List

Back